Whenever you feel disheartened about your perks awaiting in, we suggest you simply browse through the many retail discounts and
The Biggest List Of Discounts In 2021
discounts are one of the few truly great perks that come with growing older. There is no fixed in most places. We know of retailers who start giving discounts for people of 50 and above in some stores!
The teeny problem here is that there it is not easy to keep track of all the deals. So, we’ve compiled a handy list for you that we’re sure will come in mighty handy.
Be aware that for many of these businesses, the varies by location; brands may let individual franchisees decide whether to provide the perk. As a result, one of your local restaurants might give you a higher percentage off than the same chain in another part of town.
However, some discounts are exclusive to those with which is open to anyone aged 50 and above for just $12 per year. Discounts for seniors are found across a wide range of things that include dining, entertainment, travel, and groceries.
We’ve outlined the best verified discount categories found below:
Restaurant Offers And Discounts For Senior Citizens
Many restaurants across the country are offering , others just require proof of . discounts on food, drinks, or meals. Some require evidence of
Our tip: Do ask for the even if it is not publicly advertised.
- Bonefish Grill: Any AARP member can save 10% on food and nonalcoholic beverages at the following restaurants:
- Bubba Gump Shrimp Co
- Chart House
- Joe’s Crab Shack
- Landry’s Inc. Restaurants
- Landry’s Seafood
- McCormick & Schmick’s
- Rainforest Cafe
- Saltgrass Steak House
- The Oceanaire Seafood Room
- Brusters: 25 cents off each purchase with a ‘Kid At Heart’ card which can be picked up in store if you are over 60.
- Carrabba’s Italian Grill: AARP Members save 10% on food and nonalcoholic beverages.
- Carrows Restaurants: Golden 55 Menu – Discounted breakfast, lunch & dinner menu (55+).
- Corky’s Homestyle Kitchen & Bakery: You can get a Buy 9 get 1 meal free. One “Frequent Diner” stamp per single meal purchase for Seniors (55 & older) only.
- Denny’s: AARP Members save 15% on their check. The cannot be applied to curbside or delivery orders.
- El Pollo Loco: 10% (maximum value of $1) for guests 60 years of or older.
- Gatti’s Pizza: Seniors discounts available at specific franchise locations.
- Luby’s: Luann Special for $7.99 which includes LuAnn Entrees, 2 sides, and bread. Available daily from 3:00 pm until the restaurant closes.
- Macayo’s Mexican: card available for patrons 55 years and above which gives 20% off any time any day.
- Perkins: This restaurant has a Fifty-Five Plus Menu at .
- Scott’s Seafood Grill & Bar: You can get 20% off your meal anytime (with some exceptions) with your Club Card.
- Top if Off Frozen Yogurt: Avail 10% offered each Tuesday and Wednesday.
You might like to read What Age Is Legally Considered Elderly?
Whether it is home, car, or healthcare, many companies offer a host of discounts. Remember to read the terms and conditions to ensure you know exactly what cover is provided and select one based on your needs. for your
- Auto Program from The Hartford: Present your number to get a quote online or by phone.
- Delta Dental Company: This is a dental insurance plan and AARP members (individual or family coverage) can make use of this for the most common dental procedures.
- GEICO: GEICO offers a defensive driver discount for older drivers. The contract is not available in every state and certain restrictions and may apply.
- Life Program, New York Life: AARP Members can apply for up to $100,000 in term life and receive free life information.
- Long-Term Care Options, New York Life: Custom long-term care plans for AARP members to help prepare for the future and help meet their needs and budget.
- Medicare Advantage from United Healthcare: These plans join Medicare Part A and B and often prescription drug coverage into a single plan.
- Medicare Plans from UnitedHealthcare: These are plans to assist cover out-of-pocket costs.
- Medicare Supplement from UnitedHealthcare: Supplemental amount of money for AARP members enrolled in Medicare Parts A and B.
- Mobile Home Insurance Program from Foremost: This program offers AARP members specialized mobile and made home protection, lifetime renewal plus, 24/7 claim service.
- Motorcycle Insurance Program from Foremost: Coverage for AARP members motorcycles with optional equipment and safety apparel, plus towing and roadside assistance.
- MyVision Care (provided through EyeMed): AARP Members have access to 3 unique vision plans, starting at $4.38/month. All plans include comprehensive eye exams with a maximum co-pay of $10, benefits for those suffering from loss-of-vision and more.
- Petplan Pet Insurance: Comprehensive insurance for Pets. Members save to 10% on premiums when signing up online, plus receive a Visa Prepaid Card (up to $35) to assist cover wellness expenses. Keep in mind that this is not available in every state.
- Short-Term Care Insurance from Medico – you can access a customizable plan for AARP members to assist cover the value of 5 differing kinds of care received outside a hospital or doctor’s office.
- The Hartford Insurance: Covers the following
- ATV, Golf Cart & Snowmobile Insurance from The Hartford: Use your AARP membership number to urge a quote by phone.
- Boat & Personal Watercraft Insurance from The Hartford: Mention your AARP membership number to urge a quote by phone.
- Collectible Vehicle Insurance from The Hartford: Use your AARP membership number to urge a quote by phone.
- Homeowners Insurance Program offers coverage for people who rent an apartment, condo, or house: Mention your AARP membership number to urge a quote by phone.
- The AARP Auto Insurance Program from The Hartford offers specialized protection for your RV, motorhome, or trailer. Mention your AARP membership number to induce a quote by phone.
Health & Wellness Senior Discounts
You can make use of the free online tools to trace your senior discounts for both those with and without an AARP card. We suggest that you join up for a free Rx card, if available in your state.
- Atera Spas: Elderly adults are eligible for senior discounts. You only need to request a quote online.
- CaregiverList: Free online Senior Care Connect tool to assist seniors find the correct professional caregiver services supported their specific needs and budget.
- CareLinx In-Home Care: Senior members can access a 3% discount (AARP members who are new CareLinx in-home caregiving services).
- CVS Pharmacy: Senior adults can get a free Rx discount card at CVS Pharmacy. You can save money by getting all FDA-approved medications here.
- Gifts of Healing: Book a massage session after 4 pm Tuesday to Friday and get above 10% off massage sessions (for seniors aged 60).
- Glasses.com: Avail 30% off all orders, free shipping and returns, and free frame adjustments at LensCrafters if you are an AARP member.
- GoodRx – Compare your Medicare co-pays against GoodRx coupon prices to determine which might prevent more.
- GrandPad – AARP members save 5% on a GrandPad tablet monthly subscription.
- Health bank account offered by Optum Bank – AARP members with a qualifying high-deductible health plan can make the most of discounted fees and tax advantages.
You might like to read 9 Easy Work from Home Jobs for Seniors
Health Tools – Free Suite Of Web-based Health Tools.
- Hearing Care Program provided by HearUSA: AARP members save 20% on the retail price of hearing aids alongside a variety of other benefits.
- Kroger Co. Pharmacy: Use your free Rx discount card and save on all FDA-approved medications.
- LensCrafters: AARP members can get a $55 eye exam, 30% off a pair of glasses.
- OptumRx Prescription Discounts: Get a free prescription discount card that may be used at over 66,000 pharmacies nationwide on all FDA-approved medications.
- Philips Lifeline: AARP members save 15% on medical alert systems ensuring reliable and fast access to assist, day or night, whether reception or on the go.
- Pill Identifier – Free online tool to assist identify any of the pills that you need to consume.
- Rite Aid Pharmacy: Use your free Rx discount card and save on all FDA approved medications.
- Silver Cuisine by bistroMD: 25% off first order of $99 or more and 10% off all subsequent orders of Silver Cuisine chef-prepared meals.
- Staying Sharp: Get free access to AARP members for brain health.
- Walgreens: Senior members can link the AARP and myWalgreens memberships to earn upto 10% Walgreens Cash rewards.
- Walgreens Pharmacy: Use your free Rx discount card and save on all FDA approved medications.
- Walmart Pharmacy: Seniors can use their free Rx discount card and save on all FDA approved medications.
- WayForth Home Transition Management – 5% discount for AARP Members plus a free 30-minute phone consultation and a follow-up “Get Started” plan via email.
- Most of the big chains discounts or a free upgrade, however, some of them require an
- Auto Europe: 5% for citizens who rent their car online.
- Budget Rent A Car: Seniors can get up to 30% off and an additional driver at no cost for AARP members.
- Budget Truck Rental: All AARP members enjoy 10%-20% off truck rentals.
- Hertz: Over 50’s save up to 20% off base rates plus additional benefits.
- Payless AARP members save 5% off Rentals.
- Thrifty: 50+: Get a discount of 5% (time and mileage charges only apply) on rentals of any car type.
- Zipcar Car Sharing: You can get 43% off annual Zipcar with $40 in free driving credit if you are an AARP member.
- American discounts available on select cruises and dates. Cruise & Travel:
- Amtrak: Travelers 65 years of and over are eligible to receive a 10% on most rail fares on most .
- Best Price Cruises: Seniors citizens are eligible for discounted fares on select cruises.
- British Airways: Save $65 off World Traveller and World Traveller Plus fares or $200 off Club World fares with your .
- Capitol Corridor: Seniors aged 62 years and older are eligible for a 15% on their
- Carnival: Exclusive savings for Seniors aged 55 and over.
- Celebrity Cruises: These discounts are available on select itineraries for passengers aged 55 years or older.
- Colette: As an AARP member, you can save up to $100 per person on tours of seven days or more to all continents.
- Collette Cruise Tours: If you are looking for a cruise, AARP Members save $50 per person on all cruise tours.
- Delta – discounts are available in certain markets. Not available online. Contact Reservations to check availability.
- Explorations by Collette: AARP members can save anywhere between $50 to $100 per person on small-group tours.
- Grand European Travel Tours: AARP members can save up to $100 per person on any guided vacation.
- Medjet Travel Protection: MedjetAssist covers hospital-of-choice medical transfers when you’re more than 150 miles from your home. AARP members can save up to 20%.
- Norweigan Cruises: Discounts for passengers 55+ on selected itineraries. will show during the online reservation process if available.
- Park Ride Fly USA: Save 12% on reservations at any of the 150 off-airport parking locations if you have an AARP membership.
- Peter Pan Buses: All customers aged 62 years and older receive a 15% off full adult fares.
- Red Roof: 10% off the already low rates all year round. Availability may be limited and restrictions apply. Your senior status will be verified at check-in. Adults aged 59 and older are categorized as senior adults here.
- Royal Caribbean: You can avail of pricing for travelers who are 55 or older on certain sailings. During the booking process, click on the “Seniors ( 55+)” button to see if there are any offerings available.
- Trailways: A 10% reduction off a full-price regular adult fare applies to those aged 65 years and older.
- United: Offers to select travel destinations for customers who are 65 and older.
- Vacations By Rail: AARP members save 5% on more than 40 rail and cruise vacations alongside tours and select train tickets.
- Vacations To Go: Discounts available on select trips for those aged 55 years and older.
You might like to read Your Post-Retirement Housing Options: 2021 Guide
Hotels And Resorts Senior Discounts
Savings for those with and without an . Some discounts are only available at or during specific dates. Many chains additional benefits for seniors alongside a such as late checkout or bonus reward points. Here’s a comprehensive list:
- Ascend Collection: Here, AARP Members can save up to 10% off the best available rate.
- Baymont by Wyndham: If you are 60 years and older, you can enjoy savings on the best available rate at . As an , save 10% off the best available rate at participating Baymont hotels.
- Best Western: Savings of up to 15% for those aged 55 and over. Save 5% to 15% off the best available rate with your and earn 10% more bonus points per stay by joining Best Western Rewards for AARP Members.
- Best Western Plus: Savings of up to 15% for those aged 55 and over. Save 5% to 15% off the best available rate with your and earn 10% more bonus points per stay by joining Best Western Rewards for AARP Members.
- Cambria Hotels: AARP Members can save up to 10% off the best available rate.
- Clarion: As an , save 10% off the best available rate at participating hotels.
- Comfort Inn: AARP Members can save up to 10% off the best available rate.
- Comfort Suites: As an , save 10% off the best available rate at participating Comfort Suites.
- Country Inn & Suites by Radisson: With an AARP card, you can save 10%.
- Conrad Hotels & Resorts: AARP members save up to 10% off the best available rate and get late checkout until 2 p.m. when available.
- Curio Collection by Hilton: AARP members save up to 10% off the best available rate and get late checkout until 2 p.m. when available.
- Days Inn by Wyndham: Enjoy savings on the best available rate at . As an , save 10% off the best available rate at participating hotels.
- Dolce by Wyndham: Guests 60 years and older can enjoy savings on the best available rate at . As an , save 10% off the best available rate at participating hotels.
- DoubleTree by Hilton: You can save up to 10% off the best available rate with and get late checkout until 2 p.m. when available. If you are 65 and older, you can get at least 5% off the ‘s best available rate.
- Embassy Suites by Hilton: Save up to 10% off the best available rate with and get late checkout until 2 p.m. when available.
- Extra Holidays: All AARP members save 20% on stays at over 500 resorts throughout the U.S.
- Hampton by Hilton: Save up to 10% off the best available rate with and get late checkout until 2 p.m. when available. All Guests aged 65 and over save 10%.
- Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham: Guests 60 years and older can enjoy savings on the best available rate at . AARP Members can save up to 10% off the best available rate.
- Hilton Garden Inn: Senior adults can save up to 10% off the best available rate with an late checkout option (until 2 p.m.) when available.
- Hilton Grand Vacations: Get savings of up to 10% off the best available rate with and get late checkout until 2 p.m. when available.
- Hilton Hotels & Resorts: Save up to 10% off the best available rate with and get late checkout until 2 p.m. when available.
- Home2 Suites by Hilton: Save up to 10% off the best available rate with and get late checkout until 2 p.m. when available.
- Homewood Suites by Hilton: Save up to 10% off the best available rate with and get late checkout until 2 p.m. when available.
- Howard Johnson by Wyndham: Guests 60 years and older can enjoy savings on the best available rate at . Guests aged 60 and over can access off the best available rate. AARP Members can save up to 10% off the best available rate.
- La Quinta by Wyndham: Guests 60 years and older can enjoy savings on the best available rate at . . Save up to 10% off the best available rate with an
- MainStay Suites: AARP Members can get a saving of up to 10% off the best available rate.
- Marriott Hotels: Patrons over the of 62 are eligible to book a at participating hotels.
- Microtel by Wyndham: All seniors aged 60 years and older can enjoy savings on the best available rate at . . Save up to 10% off the best available rate with an
- Omni Hotels & Resorts: the of 55 at participating hotels and resorts. available for individuals over
- Park Inn by Radisson: AARP members can save 10% off the best available rate. Also, consider joining the Radisson Rewards to earn a Gold Elite status in just four stays.
- Park Plaza: AARP members save 10% off the best available rate. Join Radisson Rewards and earn Gold Elite status in just four stays.
- Radisson: All AARP members save 10% off the best available rate.
- Radisson Blu: AARP members save 10% off the best available rate.
- Radisson Collection: As an AARP member, you save 10% off the best available rate. Join Radisson Rewards and earn Gold Elite status in just four stays.
- Ramada by Wyndham: If you are aged 60 and older, you can enjoy savings at the best available rate. Save up to 10% off the best available rate with an .
- Rodeway Inn: AARP Members can save up to 10% off the best available rate.
- Sleep Inn: AARP Members can save up to 10% off the best available rate.
- Super 8 by Wyndham: Guests 60 years and older can enjoy savings on the best available rate at . AARP Members can save up to 10% off the best available rate.
- SureStay Collection by Best Western: Savings of up to 15% for those aged 55 and over. Save 5% to 15% off the best available rate with your and earn 10% more bonus points per stay by joining Best Western Rewards for AARP Members.
- Trademark Collection by Wyndham: Guests 60 years and older can enjoy savings on the best available rate at . . Save up to 10% off the best available rate with an
- Travelodge by Wyndham: All guests 60 years and older can enjoy savings at . . Save up to 10% off the best available rate with an
- TripBeat, Endless Vacation: Save 25% on stays at more than 2,400 vacation rental properties with your .
- Tru by Hilton: Save up to 10% off the best available rate with and get late checkout until 2 p.m. when available.
- TRYP by Wyndham: Guests 60 years and older can enjoy savings on the best available rate at . . Save up to 10% off the best available rate with your
- Vib: Save 5% to 15% off the best available rate with your and earn 10% more bonus points per stay by joining Best Western Rewards for AARP Members.
- Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts: Get savings of up to 10% off with your the late checkout until 2 p.m. when it is available.
- Wingate by Wyndham: AARP Members can save up to 10% off the best available rate.
- Wyndham: At Wyndham, all guests aged 60 and older can enjoy 10% savings on the best available rate. The offer is available only at . You need to have an AARP membership to be eligible.
- Wyndham Garden: Guests 60 years and older can enjoy savings at the best available rate at .. Save up to 10% off the best available rate with an
You might like to read Is It Better to Retire or Resign?
Shopping & Groceries Senior Discounts
There are a number of discounts available for adults aged 50 and above, both in-store as well as online. We suggest that you check with your favorite local stores if they any discounts.
- 1-800-Baskets.com: AARP members save 20% on purchases or $20 when they spend $79.99 or more. Please note that this reduced rate does not apply to wine purchases.
- 1-800-Flowers.com: AARP members save 20% on purchases or $20 when they spend $79.99 or more.
- Ace Hardware: Customers aged 65+ get 10% off every Thursday.
- Amazon Prime: $5.99/month for qualifying customers with an EBT or Medicaid card.
- American Foods: Every Monday is Day. All citizens (ages 62 and older) receive an additional 10% off their entire purchase upon providing a .
- Bi-Lo: Every Wednesday citizens aged 60 years and over can save an extra 5% with the bonus card.
- Christopher & Banks: Get 10% every Wednesday if you are 60 years of age or older.
- Concord Food Co-op: 15% on Tuesdays and Sundays for customers over 62 years old.
- Dirt Cheap – citizens 60 and older receive 10% off on purchases.
- Harry & David: All AARP members get 20% Off Gourmet Gifts.
- Joann: Seniors 55 years of or older get 20% off total purchase.
- Kohl’s: 15% every Wednesday for patrons aged 60 and over.
- Michaels: Use your 10% senior discount online and in-store to save on purchases. (by registering through your Michaels Rewards account).
- New Seasons: 10% off most items every Wednesday for those aged 65 years and above.
- Rite Aid: This is a free program created just for seniors and offers 20% off on wellness for people 65+ on Wednesdays, a free pharmacist consultation, and more.
- Schwan’s Home Delivery: AARP members save $20 on their first new customer order of $50 or more. Avail double Schwan’s Rewards points on all online orders.
- Silver Cuisine by BistroMD: 25% off first silver cuisine meal order of $99+ for AARP members.
- Stock Yards: Get 20% off on steaks, seafood, poultry, burgers, and more if you are an AARP member.
- Tanger Outlets: You need to present an at Tanger Shopper Services and you can get a free Tanger coupon book with savings up to $1,000 in offers from brand-name retailers.
- The Popcorn Factory – Save 20% sitewide or $20 when AARP members spend $79.99 or more.
- Value Village: 30% offered to senior adults every Tuesday.
- Walgreens: There are offers on purchases for seniors aged 55+ or AARP members.
- Wolferman’s: You can avail 20% off on your purchase with code AARP2 or save $20 on your purchase of $79.99 or more with AARP3.
You might like to read Adaptive Clothing for Blind
Transportation Discounts For Seniors
- Capital Area Transportation Authority: The CATA Club Card is available for senior citizens aged 62 and older.
- Metropolitan Transport System (MTS): Senior citizens aged 65 and older can get discounted fares and passes.
- Riverside Transit Agency (RTA): Seniors age 60 or above are eligible for a reduced fare on all RTA fixed-route services.
- LeeTran: Passengers aged 65 years and above can get senior discounts with a TropiCard.
- Regional Transportation Authority (RTA): Seniors aged 65 years or older and enrolled within the Illinois Department on Aging’s Benefit Access Program are eligible for the RTA Ride Free Program. Otherwise, the RTA Reduced Fare Permit is obtainable to any or all aged 65 years and older.
- Sun Metro: All passengers aged 65 years old and older are eligible to get discounted fares.
- Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority: Purchase a Senior SmarTrip card for Metrobus and Metrorail with your national ID.
You might like to read How to Report Elderly Financial Abuse?
Senior Discount On Finances
A set of great discounts are available specifically to AARP members or those over a specified .
- AARP Fraud Watch Network: Get tips to identify and avoid scams like fraud, investment fraud, and holiday scams.
- AARP social insurance Resource Center: Seniors can get comprehensive responses to their questions on social insurance retirement benefits here.
- Annuity Marketplace powered by Blueprint Income: Access an internet marketplace of annuities that provide a guaranteed return or income from highly-rated insurers.
- BB&T: A Senior Checking accounts for people who are aged 55 years and above.
- Citizens Bank Savings: Seniors aged 55+ can apply for special savings accounts with exclusive benefits.
- Citizens Bank Checking: Senior citizens aged 55 or older can apply for a seniors bank account with exclusive benefits.
- Digital Banking from Marcus by Goldman Sachs: Access the benefits of a high-yield online bank account and get private loans if you have an AARP membership.
- Health bank account from the Optum Bank: If you are an AARP Member with a qualifying high-deductible health plan? You can cash in on tax benefits as they are qualified medical expenses.
- High Yield Savings from Marcus by Goldman Sachs: Members earn a rate that’s 0.10% beyond the stated available Annual Percentage Yield for twenty-four months.
- Marcus by Goldman Sachs: All ARP Members can now open a bank account with an 8-month No-Penalty CD online and lock during a higher rate of interest than what’s available with a Marcus Online bank account.
- Money Management Resources: Get a free 3-part program designed to assist make and keep smart money habits.
- Personal Loans from Marcus by Goldman Sachs: As an AARP member, you are eligible to receive special pricing for a no-fee loan- terms and conditions may apply.
- Social Security Benefits Calculator: This is a free online tool to work out the simplest time to assert Social Security.
- TD Bank: If you are a senior, aged 60 years and above, you can make use of the TD 60 Plus bank account.
Technology & Wireless Senior Discounts
Here, we compile a list of senior discounts on tech wearables, anti-virus software, and the likes for people who have an AARP membership.
- Castle Ink: Make use of the discount if you are a senior adult aged 55 or older, as you qualify for 15% off on every order placed.
- GrandPad, Powered by Consumer Cellular: All AARP members can get up to 5% off their monthly fees.
- GreatCall: Purchase a full of life Mobile Plus or Lively Wearable2 medical alert device and save $60 a year on the well-liked and supreme health and safety packages offered. This is available to all AARP members.
- Identity Theft Protection by NortonLifeLock: Offers start at $7.99 per month, and these available plans offer identity protection and restoration along with safeguards to ensure the security of your connected devices from malware and virus.
- Lenovo: Senior adults over 50 years of age can get discounts on the ThinkPad and budget-friendly Idea brand PCS.
- Norton 360 Protection: Senior AARP members can get savings up to 25% on the monthly rate.
- Philips Lifeline: Invest in a medical device alert and get 15% off on medical alert service with free shipping and activation (only for AARP members).
- SimpliSafe – AARP members save 15% on new home security systems.
- The UPS Store Online Printing Services: Make use of your AARP membership to get 20% off online printing services.
- The UPS Store Shipping Services: Avail 5% off shipping & 15% off other eligible services.
Senior Discounts On Cell Phones
The number of companies offering telecom and cell phone plans on discount for senior adults seems to be declining, and the overall number of plans and deals are not as varied either, but Team Helpandwellness has created a list of the most popular ones below:
- AT&T Signature Program: AARP members can learn the way to save lots of up to $10 per line per month on the AT&T Unlimited Elite plan, plus receive up to $45 in waived activation and upgrade fees.
- AT&T Unlimited 55+: Note that this deal is only applicable to residents of Florida; it is a special deal for Floridians 55 and over. The deal includes 2 lines with unlimited talk, text and data for $40 a month per line.
- Consumer Cellular: AARP members can stand up to five off monthly fees.
- T-Mobile: Unlimited plans for purchasers 55 and up.
- Verizon: Special offers for those aged 55 and older.
Internet And Landline Plan Discounts For Senior Adults
There are only a few service providers who offer senior discounts for those in specific locations or who qualify for specific assistance programs. We recommend that you try contacting your internet provider as senior discounts could also be available whether or not they are not specifically advertised for those aged 50+. Here are some options available to seniors:
- CenturyLink: Lifeline offers Arizona residents who are 65 or older a reduction of $9.25 per month, likewise as an extra variable discount.
- Internet Essentials from Comcast: Affordable internet for seniors who qualify for programs like housing assistance, Medicaid, SNAP et al. choice to purchase a laptop or microcomputer at a reduced price.
- Spectrum Internet: High-speed internet at a reasonable price for applicants age 65+ only on supplemental security income.
You might like to read What Is Considered Low Income for Senior Citizens?
Gas & Auto Services Discounts For Senior Adults
As a senior adult, it becomes doubly important to ensure your safety on the road, and these senior discounts can get you some savings and discounts while you make a purchase.
- Allstate Roadside: AARP members can get up to twenty off annual membership fees here.
- CarFit: Learn the way to regulate your fit within your personal vehicle for max safety and luxury.
- Exxon Mobil: Link your Exxon Mobil Rewards+TM account to your AARP membership and earn extra points on the items you already buy.
- JiffyLube: Some service centers offer a senior discount, but this discount varies from location to location. Please call ahead to your local Jiffy Lube to see if a reduction is obtainable.
- Smart DriverTEK90-minute workshop to find out all about the newest high-tech safety features in your current car, or what technology to go for when buying a replacement car.
- Sun Auto Service: Customers aged 60+ can access an exclusive online discount. The offer changes regularly so keep an eye fixed on the website.
- Valvoline Instant car care – AARP members save 15% off oil changes and extra services.
- ZipCar: AARP members can join for $40 (plus a one-time $25 application fee) and find $40 in free driving credit.
Entertainment Discounts For Senior Adults
Most theatres, museums, and parks only require proof of . Check with local attractions before you pay the full ticket price as many will discounts at the gate. to get the special whereas others require
- Art Museum of Chicago: Discounted rates available to those 65+.
- AMC TheatresGuests 60+ save on tickets all day, on a daily by selecting senior pricing when testing online.
- Ancestry: AARP members save 30% on the primary year of an All-Access or a World Explorer subscription.
- Aspen Leaf Passes: These are available to any or all Colorado residents 64 years or older and permit unlimited access to any or all Colorado State Parks.
- Audible: $2 off Audible monthly membership for AARP Members.
- Boardwalk FantaSea Cruises: Senior tickets available on select trips.
- Bow-Tie Cinemas: Senior citizens with valid I.D should buy senior discount tickets at participating cinemas.
- California State Parks Pass: Seniors aged 62 years or older can get a $1.00 discount for vehicle day use and a $2.00 discount for family camping in most California State Park operated units.
- Cinemark: Senior discount offered all day on participating theatres allocated senior day.
- Dallas Zoo: $5.00 admission for adults age 65+ on Wednesdays.
- Denver Art Museum: Get senior discounted tickets that are applicable for both residents and non-residents.
- Diggerland – Non-participating guests 65+are free. Participating seniors, with valid ID, may purchase a wristband for $34.95.
- Ford’s Theatre: Seniors who are 60+ are eligible for discounted matinee tickets on select shows.
- Go Rio Cruises: Get $3 off general narrated cruise admission for seniors over 65.
- Kaufman Center: Adults aged 62 and above can get ticket discounts for several concerts in Merkin hall and Ann Goodman Recital Hall.
- Landmark Cinemas: Seniors aged 65+ can enjoy 20% off the posted Senior’s fee and 20% off their concession purchase every Monday.
- Maya Cinemas: All seniors aged 63 and over can enjoy a reduced admission and a special discounted rate at the concession stand.
- Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City: Adults aged 65 years or older are eligible to get a senior fee of $17.
- Midway Museum: Seniors aged 62 and above can receive $10 off a personal Midway Membership or $15 off a Family Midway Membership.
- Milwaukee Public Museum: Discounts available for senior citizens who are over 65 years old.
- Moody Gardens: gives holder aged 65+ entry to the Aquarium Pyramid, Rainforest Pyramid, Discovery Museum, Colonel Paddlewheel Boat, Dinos Alive, Festival of Lights and ONE show in each theater.
- National Park Lifetime Pass: America the Beautiful: The National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Pass for $80.
- New York Museum of Modern Art (MoMA): Avail s discounts that are available for adults aged 65 and over.
- Orlando Museum of Art: Seniors who are 65 or older pay $8 admission.
- Regal Concessions: AARP members can save $3 on any size popcorn and soft drink combo.
- Ringling Museum: discounts available. Museum Admission includes entry to the Museum of Art, Circus Museum, and Bayfront Gardens.
- Ripley’s St. Augustine: If you and your spouse are over 55, you can buy one to any St. Augustine Ripley Attractions and the second for 50% off.
- Stratz Center: Seniors 65 years and older qualify for special price tickets to some shows.
- The Art Institute of Chicago: $6 off admission for seniors aged 65 years of age and above.
- The National Baseball Hall of Fame: Seniors (65+) receive USD 5 off the price on adult tickets.
- Whitney Museum of American Art: Seniors tickets available to those who are 65+, saving up to $7 on the adult admission fee.
You might like to read Factors to Consider Before Choosing an Assisted Living Facility
Senior Discounts On Education
- Clarion University: Tuition and fees are waivered for undergraduate students who are 62 years and above who may audit undergraduate courses for classes where space is available.
- University of Arkansas: Seniors over 60 can get waivers on tuition and other fees. Applicants must be residents of Arkansas who are high school graduates or GED recipients.
- University of Scranton: People aged 60 and above can audit courses at zero tuition charge (available on a space-available basis). Courses for credit can be taken at a 50% tuition rate. No discount for online courses.
- Mt. Hood Community College (MHCC): Oregon residents 62+ can get up to 50% off tuition. $10 off non-credit Community Education classes also available. Seniors aged 65 and above can apply for free tuition on up to eight credits of transfer-level classes. Conditions may apply.
- Portland Community College: Oregon residents who are 62+ can get a 50% on tuition fees for Community Education Classes and can audit credit classes for free. Exclusions apply.
- Alamo Colleges: aged 65+ can enroll in course offerings in two different categories at a reduced cost. Restrictions apply.
- Mesa Community College: Maricopa County residents get a 50% on tuition fees.
- University of Colorado, Denver: Area residents aged 60+ can attend classes on a non-credit, non-tuition basis.
- Georgetown University: citizens have the opportunity to audit undergraduate-level courses in Georgetown College.
- Simpson College: Seniors aged 65 years and older may take non-credit classes tuition-free.
- Wichita State University: Students who are 60 years of or older can enroll as auditors in academic credit courses in which space is available (which they have the prerequisites for), without paying tuition and student fees.
This is a roundup of the largest discounts available to seniors in the US looking for savings and deals. Do let us know which ones you found most useful!