We have looked at the top-rated and best neuropathy socks. If you are in a hurry, the table below gives a quick snapshot of the top 6.
Last update 2021-07-13 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last update 2021-07-13 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
The CDC estimates that over 100 million (1 in 3) Americans live with either prediabetes or diabetes. Alarmingly, the rate of new cases is growing every year, with approximately 1.5 million new cases detected every year.
Diabetes has been linked with neuropathies. Neuropathy is damage to the nerves that results in numbness, muscle weakness, and pain. It usually starts in your hands and feet but can affect other parts of your body as well.
If you or your loved one has neuropathy, read on to learn more about the top-rated and best socks for neuropathy, which can help you choose the most suitable ones for you to manage your pain.
Our Top Choice – OrthoSleeve WC4 Wellness Socks (Overall Best)
The OrthoSleeve WC4 Wellness Socks... is our top choice for “Top rated and best neuropathy socks”. These are the best socks that improve your overall foot health and provide moderate compression, which helps relieve pain due to neuropathy.
Some of its best features are:
- Four zones of light and moderate compression – light compression on the toes and the top of the sock (the part above the ankle), and mild compression on the midsole and heel.
- Compression therapy improves blood circulation and also provides relief from the tingling sensation of peripheral neuropathy.
- Extra padding in toes and heel for enhanced comfort, reduced pain, and friction.
- The sock is designed with contoured padding for additional comfort and a Y-gore heels for improved heel protection.
- Perfect for patients with diabetes – no seams, ultra-soft. No chance of skin damage. This pair is designed using nano-bamboo charcoal to give a durable and cosy sock, perfect for diabetics and those with sensitive feet.
- The midfoot arch support structure of the sock gives additional stability to your feet.
- Breathable and moisture-wicking materials, without odor and bacteria-free feet!
Top Rated and Best Socks for Neuropathy for Women
#1 Doctors Choice Women’s Neuropathy Socks
Doctors Choice neuropathy socks are designed to reduce abrasion, minimize bunching inside your shoes, and move moisture away from the skin. These are the best diabetic socks that cover all your special needs for diabetic feet.
These socks for neuropathy feature uniquely vented channels that improve airflow and also keep your feet dry. A seamless toe and fully cushioned foot remove the main cause of abrasion and discomfort in other normal socks.
These diabetic socks are loose fit and non-binding, which reduces leg discomfort and minimizes bunching.
These neuropathy socks are also useful in reducing blisters and infections through their ultra-breathable dual mesh and channel ventilation.
The antimicrobial fibers keep your feet dry and limit dangerous friction inside your shoes. Moreover, they help your skin to retain its natural moisture.
- Help to reduce cracks, ulcers, and sores in a diabetic foot.
- Cushioned foot and seamless toe reduces the chances of abrasion and damage.
- Antimicrobial fibers keep your feet dry.
- Fits perfectly with its smooth, soft materials
- The free fit gives whole day comfort.
- These are not compression socks. Therefore they don’t help enhance blood supply which improves healing of neuropathic disorders
- These socks may not be the right choice if you have swollen ankles.
You may also like Best Cold Massage Roller Balls
#2 Debra Weitzner Women’s Diabetic Socks
Debra Weitzner Diabetic Socks are made from strong fabric while retaining softness, flexibility, and enhanced air permeability, making them highly suitable for frequent travelers, athletes, or corporate workers who are diabetic.
These diabetic socks are customized to be non-restrictive and boost blood circulation, making them perfect for people with diabetes and peripheral neuropathy caused by circulatory problems.
These non-binding socks feature a loose knit design. They have extra padding, which provides proper cushioning without squeezing your feet and legs.
Moreover, these socks are crafted with ventilation technology, which aids in increased airflow within soft stitching channels.
The ultra-soft and breathable material is ideal for wearing for the whole day and provides optimal performance on long journeys and hard workdays. The socks are perfect for the comfort and health of diabetic patients.
- Excellent diabetic ankle socks that are ideal for people with diabetes and neuropathy.
- These socks are soft, breathable, and well-fitting.
- The anti-microbial fabric reduces bacteria growth.
- The socks can manage moisture to keep feet dry and cool.
- Big stretch fabric for better blood circulation.
- Non-slip grip of the socks.
- May shrink after washing.
- People with wide feet may face sizing problems.
Top Rated and Best Neuropathy Socks for Men
#3 MediPeds Men’s Diabetic Socks
MediPeds Men Diabetic Socks are tailor-made to address diabetes-related symptoms, leg fatigue, swelling, and dry skin. The main benefit of these socks is to keep your feet compressed without causing any nerve damage.
These are some of the best socks designed with comfort features to help reduce foot irritation and pressure on the legs.
These compression socks can be worn even when your legs and feet are numb and swollen. The socks keep your feet warm to improve blood flow to the feet. Moreover, the fitted styles offer a proper and supportive fit.
These Neurotherapy socks have a cushioned sole to protect your feet. The Lycra spandex material of the socks offers the ultimate fit and hugs the feet. You can walk freely without any fear of the sock slipping down.
- Non-binding top for more flexibility.
- The cushioned sole protects your feet.
- Comfort features aids in reducing foot irritation.
- These socks are ideal for foot swelling, leg fatigue, and dryness.
- Lycra spandex offers the ultimate fit.
- These socks offer good compression, improve blood flow to the feet and keep them warm.
- Some users complained that the socks are not wide enough for people with broader feet
- The top of the sock tends to turn over and is hemmed.
You may also like Can A TENS Machine Help With Poor Blood Circulation
#4 Doctor’s Choice Men’s Neuropathy Socks
The Doctor’s Choice Men’s Neuropathy Socks are designed to reduce abrasion, minimize bunching inside the shoes, and control moisture thereby giving a better feel to the feet.
These neuropathy socks are tailored with special diabetic-friendly features. A non – binding quarter length and no show top with extra stretch gently expand to accommodate leg and ankle swelling without digging into your legs.
These socks are free fit socks that give more comfort to the feet. Moreover, a cushioned sole and seamless toes eliminate the primary causes of abrasion and hence reduce itchiness and discomfort.
The product has unique fibers infused with aloe along with metals such as copper, silver, and zinc. This makes the fibers antimicrobial, which helps to keep your feet dry and eliminate the possibility of infection and odor in the foot, even if you tend to sweat a lot.
- Loose fit, non-binding, comfortable socks.
- Incredible airflow comes with moisture management fabric.
- Soothe cracks, ulcers, and sores.
- No show top with extra stretch gently expands to accommodate swelling.
- Better for those who have sensitive feet.
- Some users complained that the socks tend to start falling apart after a few washes
- A few users also complained that the sock tends to roll down your legs after using it for a few days.
Top Rated and Best Neuropathy Socks: Unisex
#5 OrthoSleeve WC4 Wellness Socks (Unisex)
OrthoSleeve WC4 Wellness Socks are one of the best neuropathy socks on the market. These socks are desihgned using small bamboo charcoal that is durable and cosy.
The lightweight design of these socks gives a better fit and support to your feet to stay healthy so that you can wear them the whole day.
The WC4 socks are ergonomically designed and can fit both left or right feet. The sock has a specially shaped toe and knitted heel pocket that ensures proper placement of the foot.
The moisture-wicking material helps to keep your feet dry, thereby minimizing the risk of infection and skin irritation, which overall promotes healthier feet.
The light gradient compression in the socks helps in providing the right support your feet need.
It increases blood circulation and helps keep the feet warm. Therefore, these socks are perfect for people suffering from diabetes, sensitive feet, extra swelling, and neuropathy.
- Ideal socks for full care and support of the feet. It has a special shaped toe and heel patches knitted into the sock to confirm proper fitting, and the seamless construction creates comfortable support.
- Midfoot and arch support structure.
- Contoured padding and Y–gore heels.
- Light gradient compression for improved blood circulation and warmth, which helps reduce neuropathic pain.
- Non-binding comfort to your feet. The Bamboo Charcoal fibers over a healthy environment where your feet experience the greatest pressure
- Design to fit both the left and right foot.
- Some users complained that these socks often roll down around your ankles.
- These socks may become tight after washing in cold water.
You may also like Best Foot Elevation Pillow
#6 Facool Crew Socks (Unisex)
These are cotton-made diabetic crew socks with a full cushion. These socks have several important features that are customized keeping diabetics in mind.
These socks are designed to ensure proper blood flow through compression technology. The unique design is non – restrictive and yet promotes blood circulation.
The cotton blend material of socks keeps your feet warm. Moreover, loose-fitting allows for maximum circulation.
These socks are specifically designed for those suffering from diabetes, extra swelling, sensitive feet, or circulation problems. If you are looking for comfortable and high-performance socks, then they are a very good choice.
The seamless toe helps to reduce the risk of any blistering and, therefore, infections. Moreover, the cushioned sole not only enhances durability but also gives strong protection to your feet while walking.
- Non-binding top reduces the risk of infection.
- A free-fit top allows for better blood circulation.
- The socks do not cause compression marks on your skin due to their loose-fitting elastic material.
- Seamless toe for avoiding blisters and infections.
- Soft material allows people to wear it for the whole day.
- Some users felt that the sole padding was not comfortable enough, and more padding was required
- A few users complained that the socks did not last very long
#7 Pembrook Diabetic Socks (Unisex)
These are wide, non-binding neuropathy socks. This pair of socks are designed keeping in mind the comfort of swollen feet or ankles, which is a common problem among diabetics.
These are circulatory socks that are easy to pull on over your swollen feet and ankles, thus ensuring whole-day comfort and relief from pain as well as discomfort.
These socks are durable and sturdy enough to last for a long time. The knee-high socks make you feel comfortable and warm while walking.
There is the padding on the bottom and high-quality material on the top. The non-binding top gives better movement to your feet.
They are ideal for wearing while walking or running. Pembrook also has a strong reputation in this market.
- It helps to prevent irritation and redness.
- They are easy to stay up and do not bunch around the ankles.
- These socks provide maximum comfort to your feet.
- The socks are very durable due to the use of high-quality material.
- Breathable mesh top to keep feet dry.
- Ideal for men and women, are lightweight, non-binding with a loose top around the ankles to promote better blood flow. These circulatory socks are easy to pull on over swollen feet and ankles and feel soft and comfortable on the foot. The absolute best pair of crew socks for people who suffer from edema, diabetes, or neuropathy.
- Some users complained that the socks tend to shrink after a few washes, thereby making the fitting imperfect.
- The size chart provided with the socks is incorrect, as per a few users. They felt that the socks did not fit them even though they ordered sizes, as instructed in the chart.
You may also like Best Plantar Fasciitis Flip Flops
What Should You Look For Before Buying Neuropathy Socks?
Ideally, look for neuropathy diabetic socks that are comfortable. Compression socks limit the flow of blood in your feet and legs.
However, a pair of neuropathy socks do not restrict the flow of blood as they are loose fit and comfortable. They might provide light compression instead.
Neuropathy socks are generally made of breathable and lightweight material since it is very important for people with diabetes to protect themselves from infections.
Generally, these socks should also have moisture-wicking or absorbing properties, so that the feet are dry all day. This ensures that the feet are not exposed to microbes, germs, and bacteria.
Breathable and moisture-wicking material also prevents numbness, irritation, pressure ulcers, and a burning sensation in the skin.
The socks should be designed with durable and antimicrobial as well as moisture-absorbing material. A blend of cotton, polyester, and spandex material keeps your feet dry and comfortable. The anti-microbial properties of these neuropathy socks help to fight bacteria. A comfortable fabric allows reducing less irritation with a seamless toe area.
Neuropathy socks must have good cushioning. The base of the socks should be cushioned for underfoot protection. Moreover, the toe must be seamless so that there are no chances of abrasions or pressure sores.
You may also like Best Shoes for Aging Feet
Frequently Asked Questions:
Do Diabetic Socks Help With Neuropathy?
Unfortunately, neuropathy cannot be cured. What a diabetic sock can do is reduce pain through gentle compression. Secondly, they can provide the right comfort and support to your feet so that you are protected from sores and cuts.
Diabetics tend to develop skin problems such as ulcers and pressure sores, so light and comfortable yet protective socks can prevent a small cut or abrasion from becoming a major problem later on.
Diabetic neuropathy socks are made from very soft material with no seams. They are gentle on your feet, cushion the underfoot, protect the toes and skin from small cuts and abrasions, and in general, make sure that your skin remains healthy.
What Kind of Socks is Ideal for Neuropathy?
Firstly, ensure that whatever socks you buy are of the right size. An ill-fitting sock can cause more problems than what it can fix.
Do not wear stretch socks or compression socks. These are great for people with varicose veins and other problems, but due to their hard compressive nature, they can cause skin damage in diabetic patients.
Finally, make sure that the diabetic neuropathy socks you wear are well-padded and made of cotton-based material. Avoid socks with an inside seam or an elastic band at the top.
What Is the Difference Between Diabetic or Compression Socks?
Both the socks incorporate almost the same features. However, compression socks have bands that begin at the ankle and go all the way up to the knee or higher.
Diabetic socks, however, have two bands – one at the knee, and a separate one for the ankle and foot. The foot has mid-level compression, whereas the knee to ankle portion has light compression.
Diabetic neuropathy socks, moreover, have extra padding at the bottom and seamless toes to prevent ulcers. Of course, always consult with your doctor to provide medical advice diagnosis and determine which socks you need.
You may also like Best Foot Massager For Peripheral Neuropathy
A diabetic sock provides mild compression and protects your feet from cuts, abrasions, ulcers, and pressure sores, which can be very harmful to diabetic feet. They also provide light comfort for neuropathic pain.
In this article, we have selected the top-rated and best neuropathy socks based on the features mentioned in our buyer’s guide and the ratings and comments by actual users on Amazon.
In our opinion, the OrthoSleeve WC4 Wellness Socks... are the best choice for neuropathy overall among the various options that we have considered because of the four zones of graduated compression and soft and comfortable nano bamboo fabric. And nano-bamboo charcoal provides durability and makes it soft to wear.
While we make every effort to provide updated and correct information, the advice given in this article and website should not be construed as “medical advice”. Please consult with your physician or medical practitioner before using any neuropathy socks. Each individual may have his or her unique issues, and your medical practitioner is the best person to decide the best neuropathy socks for your case.