In this article, we will discuss top accessories for a TENS machine. If you are in a hurry, the table below gives a quick snapshot of your best options.
Last update 2021-12-06 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
A transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation machine, more popularly knows as a TENS machine can be helpful for pain reduction. Be it periods pain, back pain, arthritis or plantar fasciitis, a TENS machine can be helpful.
A TENS machine uses low-frequency waves and signals to stimulate nerve endings and reduce pain. It works on the electrical stimulation principle to the nervous system, which helps blocks pain signals and releases endorphins (pleasure-causing hormones) in the body.
A TENS machine is also an excellent nerve stimulator that will show good results as soon as you start using it. Moreover, a good TENS machine comes with additional accessories that add greater functionality.
The size of the global market for muscle stimulators and pain-reducing devices has been on a significant rise. In 2019, the value of the US’s muscle stimulator market was valued at $666.2 million. If you keep the recent trends in mind, this value is expected to increase to $900mn by 2027.
Top Accessories For A TENS Machine – Selection Criteria
The main criteria for selecting these TENS machine accessories are that they should add value to the user. We will talk about accessories like electrode pads, traveling or protective cases, and electrode wires. Also, we have taken into consideration their design, compatibility, quality, and functionality.
You may also like – The Best TENS Machine
#1 Auvon TENS Unit Electrode Pads
- Pads: You get eight pieces of high-quality TENS electrode pads in this package. The size of each of these pads is two inches in width and four inches in length. Due to their moderate size, you can apply these pads to small as well as large areas. For better durability, this TENS machine also has a grey cloth at its back.
- Compatible: The TENS machine attachment make this machine compatible with all brands of muscle stimulators. You can use the electrode pads present in this package with TENS machines of different companies having different channels and outputs.
- Quality: All the TENS pads available in this pack are of exceptional quality. These pads are biodegradable as well as reusable. You can reuse each pad up to 50 times because of its revolutionary self-adhesive technology.
#2 TENS 7000 Lead Wires
- Quality: The quality of these lead wires is pretty high. You can easily connect these wires to an electric TENS machine or a muscle stimulator. You cannot attach or use these wires on a battery-operated TENS machine as they are not dependent on electricity for operation.
- Ergonomic: You get five pairs or sets of these lead wires in this package. In total, you get ten lead wires. You can seriously reduce the pain in your muscles throughout your body with the help of this machine. The wires in this package are safe for conducting high and low intensity of vibrations and signals.
- Compatible: You can officially use these pairs of lead wires with a TENS 7000 machine. But apart from these, wires are also compatible with other TENS machines with a similar design or output level.
#3 TENS 7000 Unit Electrode Pads
- Functional: Due to these electrode pads’ small size, you can easily apply them to contact spaces such as your knees or elbows. With these pads, you can use the TENS machine on your face and forehead for the treatment of migraine pain.
- Packaging: This pack contains four separate packs that contain four such electrode pads. Overall in total, you get 16 electrode pads with a square design. The dimensions of these pads are two inches in width and two inches in length.
- Strength: These pads are flexible and strong so that you can use them for a long duration. Reusability of the electrode pads is one of the major advantages of these TENS electrode pads as you can use them again up to 40-50 times. The self-adhesive property of these pads also contributes to making these pads easy to use.
#4 Bovke TENS Machine Carry Case
- Ergonomic: This protective case for a TENS machine has a large design. The large and spacious design helps you store all the parts and accessories that you use with a TENS machine in a single place.
- Waterproof: This case is waterproof along with being shockproof so that your expensive and delicate machine remains safe and can run functionally for a long period. An electric device can take up a lot of damage due to water.
- Portable: Using this storage bag or case makes it very convenient and easy for you to travel with a TENS machine. You can store your TENS machine in this bag as it would not sustain any damage. The strong outer shell of this protective case will absorb all the impact keeping your device safe.
#5 Techcare Travel Case For TENS Machine
- Safe: It is made from 100% EVA material. This EVA material also makes this travel case waterproof and shockproof. You can travel with this bag without having to fear damaging your TENS machine.
- Zippers: This protective case has dual zippers. These zippers surround this case covering it 360 degrees. With this special style and design, you will find gaining access to or storing your TENS machine very easy.
- Velcro Design: This travel case has a unique velcro strap that is additionally attached on top of it. You can use this strap to attach this case to a bigger travel bag so that you don’t lose your TENS machine and it remains safe.
#6 Tensxtends Adhesive Gel For Electrode Pads
- Functional: This gel maintains its sticky nature for a long duration. Just three drops of this adhesive gel can last up to three weeks on your electrode pads. Even if you have a delicate skin type, you can still use this gel on your pads as it is safe on all different skin types.
- Conductivity: This sticky gel massively improves the conductivity and functionality of these electrode pads. This adhesive gel is one of its kind. Applying this gel to your electrode pads will make them as good as new.
- Safe: This adhesive gel for electrode pads has a completely safe formula. This special adhesive gel is free from all kinds of toxic chemicals or substances. This adhesive gel is also water-soluble so that you can easily wash it off your hands once you are done applying them.
#7 Litetour Electrode Wires
- Ergonomic: This package of electrode wires contains four sets of wires that are of equal length. In case your electrode pads are unable to receive the signal from your TENS machine, you can try and change the electrode wire to solve this issue.
- Safe: This electrode wire set is extremely safe and sound. It does not leak any electric current when connected to the electrode pads. These wires are also capable of transmitting all output signals from the TENS machine regardless of their intensity.
- Connectivity: You can connect the electrode pads to your TENS machine using these wires. These wires can carry the current or the machine’s signal to the pads without any loss of intensity.
#8 Hidow Adhesive Spray For Electrode Pads
- Conductivity: Applying this adhesive spray to your electrode pads increases their conductivity. Due to this increase in conductivity, these pads would easily stick to your skin. Placing your pads for knee pain is a bit difficult, this adhesive spray will help the machine adhere to the right spot.
- Safe: The formula used in this adhesion spray is safe and secure. This adhesion spray is not reactive on all different skin types.
- Ergonomic: You can apply a few drops of this adhesion spray onto the electrode pads’ sticky side. Allow the pads to settle or dry for a few minutes. After this, you are ready to use them.
You may also like: Can a TENS Machine Be Used for Sciatica and Your Best Options
Frequently Asked Questions: Top Accessories For A TENS Machine
What is the ideal way of using a TENS machine?
Ideally, it would be best to start with an unfamiliar product by setting it at the minimum or lowest level. Start with slow and low-intensity vibrations at first, and then you can gradually increase the intensity of the vibrations as you grow comfortable.
You can increase the vibrations to a strong level as long as you are comfortable with them. If you start to experience slight pain and discomfort, then it is the correct time to reduce your intensity level. After 20-30 minutes, take a break by switching off the TENS machine and removing the electrodes from your skin.
Can you use any pads with a TENS machine?
No, you cannot use any pads with a TENS machine. The pads that you receive with a TENS machine are special and unique. These electrode pads are designed to be completely safe and safely deliver the vibrations and signals to the part that is causing you to be in pain.
However, you can use a proper TENS electrode pad with any TENS machine regardless of its brand. All the brands have almost the same design and style of an electrode pad. These pads also have a unique self-adhesive technology that helps you to apply and remove them comfortably.
Why do you need to make your TENS unit sticky again?
If you use a TENS machine regularly, then each time you apply the electrode pads to your skin and remove them, they tend to lose some part of their adhesion. These pads will find it difficult to stick to your skin for a long time after a while. This also occurs as the sticky surface of the pad builds up impurities and germs.
You can solve a non-sticky electrode pad by cleaning the electrode pads’ sticky surface with a damp washcloth. Washing with a damp washcloth should conveniently remove all the dirt from your pads. It is also very essential that you only use a cloth for cleaning instead of any other material.
How many times can you use a TENS machine in a day?
There is no specific limit to how many times you can use a TENS machine. People are known to use them extensively during high pain periods, including even for hours at a stretch. If you are just starting, you should try using your machine in fifteen-minute periods, three to four times a day.
Do keep in mind that the more you use, the more you wear out your pads, electrode gel, and other accessories. If you overuse your TENS machine, you may not get any physical harm, but it may burn a hole in your pocket!
What is a TENS machine good for?
A TENS machine is good for most kinds of pains and aches. It can help provide relief in the case of arthritis and joint pain, migraines, back and neck pain. TENS machine use has also been recommended after knee replacement surgery.
TENS machines can also be useful for muscle building. A TENS unit can help in case of poor blood circulation. Sometimes its use is also recommended to manage labor pains.
TENS machines last long, but sometimes the old accessories need a replacement. Hence, keep a stock of TENS machine accessories so that you never have a day full of pain.
This article has selected the best TENS machine accessories based on design, compatibility, quality, and functionality.
In our opinion, the AUVON TENS Unit Pads 2"X4" 8 Pcs, 3rd... is one of the top accessories for a TENS machine. All the TENS pads available in this pack are of exceptional quality. These pads are biodegradable as well as reusable.
The TENS 7000 Lead Wires - TENS Unit Lead... is another great choice because you can use these pairs of lead wires with a TENS 7000 machine. But apart from these, wires are also compatible with other TENS machines with a similar design or output level.
If you are looking for a value for money option, you can also consider the BOVKE Hard EVA Travel Case for YK15AB... , which offers great value and features at a very reasonable price point.
While we make every effort to provide updated and correct information, the advice given in this article and website should not be construed as “medical advice.” Please consult with your physician or medical practitioner before using any TENS machine accessories. Each individual may have unique issues, and your medical practitioner is the best person to decide the best TENS machines and their accessories for your case.