In this article, we have reviewed the best plantar fasciitis night socks. If you are in a hurry, the table below gives a quick snapshot. Or you can scroll down for detailed product reviews.
Last update 2021-07-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last update 2021-07-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Do you suffer from a stabbing pain when you keep your first step on the floor in the morning? Does it worsen when you stand for long hours doing work? If you have experienced all these symptoms, then you may be suffering from plantar fasciitis.
Runners, people who are overweight, and people between the ages of forty to seventy are usually susceptible to plantar fasciitis.
Special night socks come with a toe brace to hold the front of your foot straight, thereby stretching your fascia. This can help reduce pain caused by plantar fasciitis.
Let us have a look at some of the best plantar fasciitis night socks, that can help you reduce the tearing pain that comes every morning with your first few steps.
Our top Choice – Strictly Stability Single Strap Night Socks
The StrictlyStability Single Strap... is our top choice for plantar fasciitis night socks. While we will take a look at more products as well, here are some reasons why we believe this one is the one you should try:
- Not only is this night sock useful for Plantar Fasciitis and Achilles tendonitis, but it is also used for heel spurs and tight calves.
- Secondly, it is made of a comfortable and breathable material, with moisture-wicking ability. You would want to have that in a sock that is supposed to be worn all night.
- Most importantly, this sock gives a controlled stretch to the foot. Unlike many others, the stretch being given is through a dorsiflexion strap that is attached to the front of the foot. This leads to a gentle stretch, stopping the fascia from contracting overnight, rather than a full-on stretch which may end up hurting the fascia.
- It is available in two unisex sizes, you can choose based on your calf size. Since the sock is being held at the calf, it does not need adjusting all the time, nor does it “roll down” so easily
- There are side straps on the calf, in case there is too much tension there. They can be easily loosened for a perfect fit
- Strictly Stability is a well-known and respected brand in products like night splint socks, wrist braces, arm slings, etc.
- Lastly – the reviews speak for themselves. One user mentioned that they had tried every conceivable therapy before finally getting relief from these socks – ice, heat, stretching, foot massage rollers, acupressure, etc.
Plantar Fasciitis Night Socks
#1 Brace Ability Plantar Fasciitis Night Socks
These night socks are made to stretch the plantar fasciitis tissue so that it heals overnight. These socks are meant to be worn while sleeping so that you do not experience painful first steps in the morning.
The night socks are made of soft padded Neoprene material that provides comfort to the foot and heels the tissues by warming it with padding effect.
The night stock has an adjustable toe tension strap, whose length can be optimised as per the size of your foot. If you wish to increase the stretch even further, it is possible to fold the toe strap or else even remove the end piece.
There is a wider area for the toe to move freely, and a longer ankle strap helps to secure the sock around the ankle while sleeping.
The sock is convenient to put on, and can be worn on either feet.
Here we have a Youtube video on how and when to wear Brace Ability Plantar Fasciitis Night Socks.
- The sock pulls the plantar tissue that helps to provide a therapeutic stretch to the tissue to heal overnight.
- Large ankle strap for fastening the sock around the leg
- Made from Medical grade neoprene material which is long-lasting and strong.
- A long adjustable toe strap gives optimal stretch.
- Available in 3 different sizes to choose from.
- A few users suggested that this night sock does not have a toe strap that is tight enough for pain relief
- The strap around the ankle gets tightened as you wear the sock and pulls around Achilles.
- Tends to make your foot warm during the night, which can be uncomfortable for some people
#2 Pro Stretch Night Sock For Plantar Fasciitis
All those experiencing tight calves, heel pain, Plantar fasciitis, and Achilles tendonitis can buy pro stretch night socks. This sock helps to relax the foot and the plantar tissue.
If you are first time user for nights, 1 and 2, begin with the foot in a natural and relaxed position, and from day three, increase the tension by 1\2 inch. Has extra grip at the toe that helps to provide maximum performance.
The sock helps to keep the foot in the flex position and provides a speedy recovery while you sleep. There is a fastening strap that helps to secure the sock in a fixed position. The breathable soft nylon material makes the sock perfect for night use.
- The nylon material makes the sock breathable and provides superior comfort.
- Includes toe support for maximum performance.
- Lightweight and breathable fabric.
- Lock and hoop enclosure helps to alleviate the foot providing efficient stretch to the plantar fasciitis.
- Reduces muscle and heel pain with regular use.
- The front is too narrow for men and women with broader feet
- Velcro in the straps sticks to the bed sheet in the night that causes discomfort.
You may also like Best Plantar Fasciitis Flip Flops
#3 Copper Compression Plantar Fasciitis Night Splint Sock
One of the biggest differentiators for this sock is that all copper compression products use 85% copper infused nylon in all their products. Copper ions are known for their application in reducing arthritis, knee and joint pain.
These soft stretching boot splints for feet are the best to get rid of plantar fasciitis tissue pain. A perfect unisex sock that can fit in the right as well as a left foot with ease.
The strap is fully adjustable that helps to treat the pain and works as an orthotic immobilizer. If you are suffering from flat Arches, plantar fasciitis, Dorsiflexion, hammer toe, bone spurs, and more, these copper compression socks are for you.
Supports the foot all night and gives you pain-free mornings and perfect mobility. You can wear this copper compression sock while doing any activity as it is perfect for both day and night use.
Novel brace design works well as it has an adjustable strap. The sock contains real copper ions that target to reduce foot pain.
- It is made from Nylon. Nylon in itself is a very breathable fabric, and that’s something that you would want in a sock that you are supposed to wear all night.
- The product is extremely flexible in every way possible – it can be used by men and women, on either left or right foot.
- Snug fit and perfect for any leg
- Four-way stretchability.
- Copper-infused nylon material is very breathable and moisture wrecking.
- The material is odor-free and provides maximum comfort.
- Works as an orthotic immobilizer and stretch treatment.
- An adjustable strap provides maximum support to the feet.
- The velcro is weak, and tends to detach during the night
- The strap tends to slip far too easily
- Not suitable for people with sweaty feet.
#4 Strictly Stability Single Strap Night Socks
It also works for those who have tight and swollen calves and heel spurs. Recommended for both men and women, these socks help to stretch the front foot in a controlled manner
A dorsiflexion strap helps maintain the foot position and does not let the plantar tissue contract while sleeping. Moreover, the strap is convenient to hook up to the calf. After two to three uses, you will feel very happy using the sock.
- The dorsiflexion strap makes stretches your foot in a controlled manner
- Available in two sizes as per the diameter of your calf
- Does not roll down easily, but also has side side straps to keep the sock fixed on the calf the whole night
- It can be worn all night long, since it is made from a breathable fabric.
- Perfect for both men and women.
- Overall foot treatment and pain relief.
- Not suitable for people below the height 5’4” height.
- The strap is not tight enough as per some people for pain relief
- Velcro straps can be a bit noisy
You may also like Does A TENS Machine Help In Plantar Fasciitis And Your Best Options
#5 Strictly Stability Plantar Fasciitis Soft Night Splint Sock
These compression socks are the best you can look for to get rid of foot pain, plantar fasciitis, heel pain, etc. Ergonomic design helps to provide dorsiflexion stretch.
It is a low-cost method that is proved medically to reduce chronic pain of the plantar tissue. The front of the toe is opened with extra padding in the lower foot, which helps to position the foot flexibly.
Doubled strap designed splint sock makes the foot feel relaxed and provides maximum stretch. The sock stretches up to the calf and provides an optimal fit. 4 different sizes are available to choose from small, medium, large and extra-large. The best way to choose a correct size sock is to measure the calf and then order it.
- A cost-effective way to get rid of chronic pain.
- Four different sizes are available to fit men and women.
- Two adjustable straps do not make the foot move while sleeping.
- Soft stretchable material that is easy to wear.
- Over tightening of the straps will cause numbing foot.
- Both sides hook and loop straps, once tightened, are difficult to loosen.
#6 Plantar Fasciitis Stretch Night Sock By Mars Wellness
The sock is designed to maintain the plantar fascia tissue to be stretched all night to cause less pain in the morning. With regular use, you can reduce plantar fasciitis pain for a long period. The splint helps to hold the plantar from contracting while sleeping.
Five different sizes are available that make the socks fit for both men and women. The sock is medically proven to get rid of plantar fasciitis pain with regular use. The strap is strong and highly adjustable.
Moisture wrecking fabric makes the sock breathable. The sock is super soft and comfortable to wear all night long.
- Anti-microbial soft fabric that is highly breathable and lightweight.
- The adjustable strap of the sock is comfortable and easy to use.
- Velcro on the strap helps to keep the strap in place.
- Non-elastic toe strap helps to maintain the foot position at night.
- Much comfortable than boots.
- For some, the Velcro straps can be uncomfortable.
- The calf area of the socks makes the socks too tight due to the Velcro strap.
You may also like Best Bed Socks For The Elderly
What should you look for before buying night socks?
Before buying the socks for getting relief from pain, do check the fabric and its comfortability. If buying compression socks, go for ankle-length socks rather than buying calf-length socks,
especially if you experience pain in the calf muscles, swelling in the legs, sore muscles, and numbness in the calf area. This will ensure that there is much less muscle tension. Checking out the comfortability of the sock by customer reviews and research is very helpful.
The toe strap as well as the edge straps holding the night sock to the leg should be large and flexible enough to fit your foot size. If the toe strap does not create tension in the foot properly, or is too small and therefore creates too much tension, the purpose of the sock will be lost.
Size is another issue which many people suffering from plantar fasciitis face. Never go for buying a nigh sock that is too tight or too loose.
A too-tight sock can lead to blood clots, increasing blood circulation, or muscle tension. Therefore, it is always better to measure your calf size and then buy sock accordingly.
You may also like Top Rated and Best Neuropathy Socks
Before buying compression socks for getting relief from plantar fasciitis, check out the fabric. Soft, breathable, and lightweight fabric works well when you plan to buy a worn sock in the night.
It will not only give you high mobility but will be comfortable too. Go for nylon fabric that helps to keep the foot in position and is skin-friendly too.
These socks are to be worn the whole night so that they can support the fascia and help you in reducing pain during the first few steps in the morning. Therefore, it might be a good idea to check that the sock has moisture wicking fabric which can keep your feet comfortable through the night and keep the sweat out at all times.
Another factor that stops you from buying the best product for you. Budget is a constraint for many, but when things are related to health, do not compromise. Plantar Fasciitis socks are not very costly; therefore, buy something that is not cheap but is worth your money.
You may also like How to Improve Leg Circulation in the Elderly
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use the plantar fasciitis socks for walking at night?
No, this sock is not suitable for walking at night as the socks provide optimal stretch to the plantar tissues when you wear it. You can take a couple of steps to the washroom by wearing this sock.
Does the sock cause some pain initially?
Sleeping with the foot bending in the backward position is a little uncomfortable, but this is worth it when you get relief from painful plantar fasciitis tissue. This foot position is uncomfortable initially but will definitely become a practice as your foot gets used to the socks. It is much better than sleeping wearing plantar fasciitis boots.
Can I wear it on any foot, and does the sock come in pairs?
Wear it is the feet in which you experience great pain. Yes, it can be worn on any feet.
No, the sock is not available in pairs. The only single-piece is available if you are facing problems in both the legs. You can order two plantar fasciitis socks.
How can I get a perfect size of sock?
It is always better to measure the calf before buying the sock. All those who experience greater pain in the calf area must not tighten the strap too tightly. Measuring the calf helps to get the perfect fitted sock.
You may also like Best Foot Elevation Pillow
Nearly 1 in every 10 people in the world suffer from Plantar Fasciitis. 80% of all heel pain related problems are attributed to this problem .
The trick to reducing pain in the plantar fascia is to not allow it to contract during the night. This is what makes night socks and night splint so effective in reducing this pain.
In this article, we have selected the best plantar fasciitis night socks based on the features mentioned in our buyer’s guide and the ratings and comments mentioned by actual users on Amazon.
In our opinion, the Copper Compression Plantar... is the best choice among the various options that we have considered, because it is ideal for people suffering from plantar fasciitis, rich in features and serves the purpose.
If you are looking for a value for money option, you can also consider the Plantar Fasciitis Stretch... , which offers great value and features at a very reasonable price point.
While we make every effort to provide updated and correct information, the advice given in this article and website should not be construed as “medical advice”. Please consult with your physician or medical practitioner before using any night socks. Each individual may have his or her unique issues and your medical practitioner is the best person to decide the best plantar fasciitis night socks for your case.