In this article we will try to answer the question “can A TENS Machine help with muscle building and your best options if you want to buy it on the market”. If you are in a hurry, the table below gives a quick snapshot of your best options.
Last update 2021-12-05 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Are you fed up with training at the gym? Do you want to build and tone your muscles at home with a compact machine? If yes, using Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS) and Electronic muscle stimulators (EMS) can help ton the muscles.
Did you know studies show that EMS AND TENS machines help in enhancing the performance of untrained athletes? The gear also helps in reducing muscle stress that one experiences during or after training.
Building lean muscles not only helps to burn more calories but also helps in improving bone density. Thus, on the one hand, where TENS machines help relieve pain from tissues and muscles, the EMS helps a ton, strengthens the muscles, and makes them look firm. Hence, we can say that both the TENS and EMS machines help muscle building and reduce muscle pain.
Can a TENS Machine Help With Muscle Building And Your Best Options?
The answer to this simple question is no. TENS machines do not build muscles, but they do tone the muscles. On the other hand, EMS therapy helps in muscle growth. Thus, we can say indirectly; the TENS machines, along with EMS therapy, help in relaxing the muscles and improving performance.
TENS therapy sends electrical signals to the brain. It blocks the pain-causing nerve that does not let an individual carry out daily chores regularly. With improved performance, the muscles get stronger and toned day by day. This is where EMS plays its part. The stronger the muscles, the better the body weight, bone density, and the lesser will be the risk of injury.
Working out with stiff and paining muscles is not possible. TENS machines help naturally produce pain relievers from the body. It helps to ease out the pain and helps to work out stress and pain-free. Hence, for the most significant benefits, add-in EMS therapies with TENS machines will make you stronger than before and help you work out more.
What Makes EMS and TENS Effective?
Various studies show EMS and TENS machines help in better muscle functioning.TENS device helps in building muscles by ten to fifteen percent. If an athlete takes a minimum of six weeks of training with these two machines, his muscle mass can increase by one percent.
These are valuable tools that help in contracting the muscles and reduce the pain that athletes experience during strength training. Using the TENS and EMS machines at a specific frequency, at different modes, will help increase muscle mass. Thus it will help improve the performance of an individual. Various researches show both these machines work when used in the best possible way.
You may also like Which TENS Machine Is The Best – Top 10 Compared
Tips For Using TENS AND EMS Machine For Muscle Building
Everyone who is into workout sessions either at home or the gym experiences muscle pain. Hence, for reducing muscle pain, the TENS machine is a user-friendly and chemical-free way.
It is EMS therapy that contracts the muscles and helps tone them. Thus, it is essential to place the machine pads on either side of the muscle you want to tone. According to the FDA, an EMS machine is a sweat-free way to tone the muscles without straining them. In case you experience strain, then it is best to use TENS therapy to reduce muscle stress.
Things to remember while placing the pads:-
- It is better to use two or four pads at once so that you can tone muscles properly.
- Muscle building and toning also depend on the massage therapy one chooses.
- Changing the flow of current or electric signals is possible if you place the pads in the vertical, horizontal, or angulated position.
- The distance between the pads increases the usefulness of the TENS THERAPY. Never place two pads close to each other.
- Another crucial thing to remember is that never place the pads on the joints; it can cause discomfort and limit your movement.
By following all the above steps, TENS and EMS machine together will help in muscle building and toning.
We have critically evaluated the products thoroughly and came up with a few selected TENS machines to help in muscle building and EMS therapy. All the products are selected, seeing the modes, intensities, and skin-friendly pads.
The pads of the different machines are FDA approved and are reusable too. We have also selected devices based on dual output channels. As more are the channels, you can tone the different parts of the body simultaneously. There are more than ten modes and intensities that one can choose for muscle building.
You may also like Is A TENS Machine Useful For Labor And Your Best Options
Frequently Asked Questions
How EMS helps in muscle growth?
While doing isometric exercises, it is essential to use EMS, Electrical Muscle Stimulation Therapy, or E-Stim. It helps in contracting the muscles at a fast pace by electrical impulses. Thus, assisting the person in working out increases the performance level and also ensures muscle growth. The stronger the muscles, the better will be the person performance in regular workouts. Better muscle mass helps to burn more calories.
What is the difference between EMS and TENS machines?
TENS machines (Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation) help reduces muscle stress and pain. One can use it at a lower frequency. On the other hand, EMS machines are Electrical Muscle Stimulation that uses electrical impulses to contract the muscles, making them strong. It also helps to restore the strength of the muscles that are lost during intense workout sessions.
You may also like Can A TENS Machine Help In Weight Loss And Your Best Options
Best TENS and EMS Machines For Muscles Building
#1 Healthmate Forever Tens and EMS Electropathy Device
- Six therapeutic massages: different therapies and massage modes help this TENS machine build muscles by reliving all the body’s pain and stress. There are almost 20 different levels of intensities one can choose from.
- Maintain overall wellness: the device acts as a pain-relieving gear and helps reduce any soreness in the muscles. Thus, the equipment helps relieve the body’s stress and pain and makes it strong enough to perform more. The device helps in improving overall wellness, injury rehabilitation and reduces stiffness from the muscles.
- Easy to understand: the remote or the machine has buttons labeled like the neck, shoulder, hip that make the gear convenient to understand for everyone. All the massage modes are also clearly mentioned, which makes the equipment user-friendly.
- Highly effective gear: the gear has nine auto stimulation modes, adjustable settings, speeds, and intensities to choose from. There are eight pads that one can use according to need.
#2 AUVON Tens Machine With Pulse Massager
- Dual-channel muscle stimulator: this battery-powered device has two in one function, which is TENS and EMS. Both therapies help in pain relief and making the muscles strong. After using this device, you will no longer need painkillers as endorphins release from the body naturally through TENS therapy.
- Large easy to read LCD screen: the large screen helps the user see everything clearly and choose from different modes and intensities levels. The LCD is backlit and makes it convenient to use at night.
- Twenty-four pre-set modes and 20 intensity levels to choose from: a constant stimulation mode helps in muscle contraction. The pre-set modes can work on all the body parts. The massages are the same as used by doctors and massage therapists.
- Ten pads and one protective cover case: two large pads, two small pads, and six medium pads that you can use on different body parts. The protective case keeps the device safe and easy to handle.
#3 AUVON Dual Channel Tens Machine
- Four-layer medical grade pads: the electrode pads have four layers, the fourth layer being a solid non-woven cloth, the third layer is the conductive wire-end layer, then comes the carbon film finally, the layer that sticks to the skin is the premium gel layer. The pads can be connected to the pin style connector that is 2 mm.
- Independent control mode: There are two different channels A, and B. Both can work on different intensities. You can easily choose two different settings that operate at two different powers for other body parts.
- Twenty pre-set modes different modes help the user to select the massage of their choice. Different massages cover other areas of the body and help in relieving pain and fatigue from the body.
- Ten hours of non-stop usage: the gear has rechargeable lithium batteries that work up to ten hours without stopping.
#4 TENS Unit Muscle Stimulator with EMS Massager
- Durable gear: long-lasting battery makes the machine robust and durable. The lithium-ion batteries provide lots of energy to stimulate electron pulses to the skin, thus helping in relieving pain from the body. The batteries are rechargeable.
- Ergonomic design: the TENS machine looks like a cell phone that acts as a pain management gear. It has a large touch screen that makes it convenient for the user to use the equipment. Choosing different modes and intensities becomes very convenient.
- Pain relief therapy gear: 24 massaging modes helps provide a relaxing massage to the user. The massages work on the deep tissues and reduce pain and make the muscles strong. It works for sciatica pain, plantar fasciitis, shoulder pain, and a lot more.
- Multi-functional machine: both TENS and EMS therapies are available in this compact gear. The user can switch between different channels and various intensities with ease.
You may also like Does A TENS Machine Help In Plantar Fasciitis And Your Best Options
#5 Xpoint Luxury TENS and EMS Machine
No products found.
- Twelve large reusable pads: the most exciting feature of this luxury gear is the large pads that help relieve pain from the body. The pads are FDA approved, which makes them skin-friendly and can be used over and over again.
- Thirty hours on battery life: long-lasting battery life makes the gear strong and durable. One can get the experience of relaxing massage that too non-stop for 30 hours.
- Recommended by specialists: doctors and therapists recommend the Xpoint for sciatica, migraine, and increasing blood flow in the body. The gear is also known to stimulate muscles and provides instant pain relief.
- Easy to store: the gear has a black and golden color that makes it look attractive. Another attractive feature of the machine is that it has a pouch in which the user can store it after use.
No products found.
#6 NURSAL TENS and Electric Muscle Stimulator
- Highly Portable: The gear is compact and can be easily carried from one place to another and even while traveling. A TENS machine is a drug-free way to deal with body pain, especially acute arthritis.
- 14 Self-adhesive pads: there are pads of three different sizes that help to tone different muscles. Two Smaller pads are for arms, shoulders, legs and larger for abs toning and muscle building can be used upto 150 times. The pads are reusable that helps the user to use them tension-free. With the gear, the user will also get a plastic holder to store the pads safely. The user can wash the pads almost up to 10 times, making them hygienic for subsequent use.
- Twentyfour pre-set massaging modes: for a relaxing massage, kneading and steady massages are best. These massages help cure the pain of the arm, shoulders, leg, back, and foot. Users can choose from 10 different levels of intensities using any mode as per need.
- Pocket gear: the gear is small enough to fit in your pocket. It has everything you need, like 14 different shape pads, one TENS gear, two AAA batteries, an instructional manual, and electrode cords, and much more.
You may also like Can You Use A TENS Machine For The Face And Skin And Your Best Options
You can boost your muscle-building process with a TENS machine along with EMS therapy if you go to the gym regularly. Besides being ideal for muscle toning and building, the machine is also perfect for relieving body pains. May it be knee pain, back pain, neck pain, migraine, etc. Hence, get one today for yourself and your loved ones.
This article has selected the best TENS and EMS machines for muscle building based on modes, intensities, and skin-friendly pads.
In our opinion, the HealthmateForever YK15AB TENS unit EMS... is the best choice for muscle building because of this pain relief muscle stimulator has four outputs and 15 different modes that help build muscles by both TENS and EMS THERAPIES. Everything is clearly labeled, which makes the gear easy to understand
The AUVON 4 Outputs TENS Unit EMS Muscle... is another great choice because the gear is one of the most affordable and rechargeable ones that is highly user-friendly. It is portable and has a sleek design that makes the device stand out from its counterparts.
If you are looking for a value for money option, you can also consider the NURSAL Dual Channel EMS TENS Unit 24... which offers great value and features at a very reasonable price point.
While we make every effort to provide updated and correct information, the advice given in this article and website should not be construed as “medical advice.” Please consult with your physician or medical practitioner before using any TENS machine. Each individual may have unique issues, and your medical practitioner is the best person to decide the best TENS machine for your case.