We have reviewed the best weighted vest for osteoporosis. If you are in a hurry, the table below gives a quick snapshot of the top 6.
Last update 2021-08-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
By the time you reach your mid-age, the chances are that you decide to stop doing any sort of strenuous exercise. Most people turn towards sedentary lives as they fit into daily routines – eat, work, sleep, repeat. You probably won’t even know that you could have osteoporosis until you end up with a painful fracture!
Osteoporosis is a common disease among older women that weakens bones and lowers bone density. As per the CDC, nearly 25% of all women and 5% of all men above the age of 65 suffer from osteoporosis of the femur neck or the lumbar spine.
If you have not been fond of drinking milk or eating yogurt during your youth, you could be prone to fragile bones as you grow old. While osteoporosis cannot be cured, you can improve your bone mineral density by regularly taking osteoporosis drugs.
But popping calcium pills daily can be painful. What happens if you forget to take the medicines? Do you take two the next day to compensate? What if there are side effects?
Enter – Weighted vests.
Weight adjustable vests come with small removable weight pockets that allow flexibility to choose the weight which you are carrying.
Apart from this, they also help rectify balance problems, improve stamina and muscular strength, increase your energy levels and endurance, and help improve your posture. Note that weighted vest has also disadvantages, read further to know more.
Things to Look for in a Weighted Vest for Osteoporosis?
Before you go ahead and make a buying decision, we have put together a list of important features that you might want to compare before making a decision on the right weighted vest for your use:
Make sure that your vest is durable, and does not deteriorate after several washes. It should be made from neoprene material which is durable yet comfortable to wear
An open-side panel of the vest allows superior ventilation and air circulation. Furthermore, \open sides allow breathability and avoid trapping of sweat.
The vest should distribute the weight evenly across the body, and therefore help you to maintain balance. Secondly, there should be some mechanism to hold the vest in place during exercise.
The material which causes the weight in these weighted vests should be iron pellets or metal rock instead of river sand
The vest should be made from neoprene or similar material, which is comfortable and easy to wear, while being durable and helps reduce sweat accumulation. A pocket in the vest can also be a useful addition.
Nighttime jogging or other activities require you to be visible from afar to any vehicle passing by. Reflective strips on the vest can be a nice addition to aid you during your nighttime workout.
You may also like What is the Difference Between Osteoarthritis and Osteoporosis?
Best Weighted Vest For Osteoporosis
#1 Henkelion Weighted Vest For Women Dealing With Osteoporosis
With a height of 14 inches and a width of 12 inches, this weighted vest is very comfortable to wear for men and women. Further, you can always adjust a handy strap in accordance with your chest size. The vest uses premium quality iron pellets and metal rock instead of river sand for adding weight.
There is a mesh pocket at the back, which helps to carry water, cell phone, and other belongings while jogging, running, hiking, and also while traveling. There is a convenient elastic strap on the vest as well.
The vest’s ergonomic design ensures that it is comfortable for your wear. There are pockets in both the front and the back of the vest, which make the weight distribution in this vest immaculate.
The vest is made from neoprene, which makes it stronger and more durable. This material is also very comfortable to wear. There are reflective stripes on the vest that are visible even in the dark.
The Henkelion Weighted Vest is available in 5 vibrant colors for women to choose from. The vest is also ideal for trained athletes, core training, for jogging, gymnastics, and fitness training as well.
- Premium metal rock and iron fillings are used for adding weight in this vest.
- The vest is perfectly sized for both men and women at 14 inches X 12 inches.
- There is a strap to adjust the vest to your chest size.
- There are reflective strips on the vest for use during nighttime.
- Weight is distributed equally across the body through carefully placed weight pockets.
- There is an additional mesh pocket at the back of the vest for carrying your things
- The vest is made from neoprene, a soft and comfortable material
- It is available in 5 vibrant colors
- The vest is available in sizes 4,6,8 and 12 pounds
- Several users complained about the fitting of the vest on the chest and overall movement during exercise
- The vest is unsuitable for people who are oversized.
You may also like Difference Between Osteoporosis and Osteomalacia
#2 Aduro Sport Weighted Vest Workout Equipment
The Aduro sports vest helps to add intensity to all workout sessions. With resistance comes strength and strength helps improve body bone mass.
The vest is ergonomically designed to ensure that the weight gets distributed equally on all sides of the body.
The vest is made from comfortable neoprene material with an adjustable front belt to make sure that it fits your size perfectly. There is a mesh pocket at the back to keep belongings while running or when in the gym.
The vest also has adjustable buckles so that you can adjust it as per your requirement.
- It helps to increase body endurance and strength.
- Made from comfortable and durable neoprene material
- The vest is ergonomically designed to ensure that weight is equally balanced on both sides
- Mesh pocket adds to the design and helps keep the belongings safe.
- It is available in 5 different sizes
- With regular use the stitching of the strap starts coming out.
- Extreme body sweat makes the vest heavy as the straps have iron sand filling in it.
#3 Ativafit Sports Weighted Vest: Two Sizes 8lbs And 16 LBS
The body vest by Ativafit is made from soft material that makes it comfortable to wear during any kind of fitness training. Chemical-filling inside the straps makes it odor-free as well.
There are adjustable straps on the vest that make it easy to adjust the size of the vest as per your personal need.
White reflective stripes on the vest make it safe while wearing in the dark. The height of the vest ranges from 43-44 cm, and the width ranges from 32 – 36 cm that definitely makes it an ideal and perfect fit for any body type.
There is a nice front pocket provided in the vest that can be used to carry your belongings easily.
- The vest is perfect for cardio, fitness training, jogging, and running.
- With a front Velcro pocket, the vest provides a nice place to hold your things while walking or jogging.
- Night running becomes safer with reflective stripes on the shoulders and back.
- The vest is perfectly sized for men and women.
- Straps and clips on the sides are really tricky to buckle.
- For slim people the vest does not fit really well as it moves while jogging or running.
You may also like Apple Cider Vinegar and Osteoporosis
#4 Adurance Weighted Vest Workout Equipment By Aduro Sport
With this fitness equipment, you can burn more calories as it leads to maximum sweat. The vest gives maximum movement and helps to increase resistance while working out.
Doing intensive workouts is a breeze with this vest. There are padded straps with adjustable buckles that are very comfortable to wear.
Reflective lines on the straps as well as the back make the vest wearable in the night too. The vest uses sweat-resistant Neoprene Fabric, which is very comfortable as well.
- The vest helps to improve body posture and flexibility.
- Grip resistant fabric does not make the vest slip in any case.
- Mesh pocket makes it comfortable to keep useful things while in the gym, running, jogging, and home workouts.
- Two different sizes available are 6 LBS AND 10 Lbs.
- Even weight distribution makes the workout easy.
- The material is not comfortable for people with sensitive skin.
- This training vest is not suitable for intense workouts.
#5 RBX Performance Fitness Weighted Vest
The crisscross body vest helps to build correct posture and improves body balance. The vest is good for better muscle fitness and improving stamina.
This performance fitness equipment is comfortable and easy to use. The criss-cross vest stays intact, even while doing intense workouts. The adjustable straps on the vest make it comfortable for mostly all sized women.
The vest features highly reflective straps that make a workout safe during night time. With a length of 10.5″, a width of 9″ and a height of 5.2 inches, the RBX vest is perfect to wear to gain flexibility, build resistance, and to get a toned body.
- Weighs just 4 pounds, therefore, easily can be worn for long hours for intense workout sessions.
- RBX vest is ideal for resistance training, running, walking, and more.
- It definitely helps to burn more calories than other vests available in the market.
- It is fashionable as well as sturdy at the same time.
- Not suitable for overweight people as the vest is available in just one size.
- No pocket is available to keep important belongings while working out.
You may also like A Guide to Tai Chi for Osteoporosis
In this article, we have selected the best-weighted vest for osteoporosis based on the features mentioned in our buyer’s guide and the ratings and comments mentioned by actual users on Amazon.
In our opinion, the Henkelion Weighted Vest Weight... is the best choice among the various options that we have considered because it can be used for multiple exercises such as running, jogging, etc., keeping you fit and healthy.
If you are looking for a value for money option, you can also consider the Ativafit Sport Weighted Vest 8... , which is perfect for different cardio exercises at a reasonable price.
Furtheremore, we also curated a list of weighted vests for kids.
While we make every effort to provide updated and correct information, the advice given in this article and website should not be construed as “medical advice.” Please consult with your physician or medical practitioner before using any best-weighted vest for osteoporosis. Each individual may have his or her unique issues, and your medical practitioner is the best person to decide the best weighted vest for osteoporosis in your case.