We have reviewed the best shoes for venous insufficiency. If you are in a hurry, the table below gives a quick snapshot of the top 5
Last update 2021-07-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Did you know that the quality of the shoe you wear and your lifestyle has a deep impact on the health of your veins? If you want to prevent diseases such as chronic venous insufficiency (CVI), you should consider getting the right shoes.
If you are suffering from venous insufficiency, your doctor might have prescribed lifestyle changes such as eating right and exercising to improve your blood flow. Apart from this, you may need to change your shoes and stockings as well.
A person suffering from venous insufficiency should ditch shoes with heels immediately. Flat soles are the best choice for legs with venous problems.
Furthermore, look for shoes that have adequate cushioning. Lightweight shoes that are tailored to offer a smooth grip, is ideal if you are forced to stand for long intervals.
In this article, we tell you what you need to look for in a good shoe meant for those with venous insufficiency. We will also suggest the best products available currently, based on our research, analysis, and experience. We hope these details will help make the choice easier for you and save you a lot of time and effort.
The video below explains what is venous insufficiency and its signs and symptoms.
Best Shoes For Venous Insufficiency
#1 Skechers Performance Women’s Shoes
The Skechers Performance walking shoes for women is one of the most comfortable shoes on the market. The shoes are specially designed for walking and standing for a long time throughout the day.
These shoes are a good choice for people who suffer from venous insufficiency. They are pure flats, no heels at all. Secondly, they are made from 100% synthetic and fabric, which makes them very breathable and elastic, fitting very nicely and comfortably on your feet.
The shoes have ortholite insoles, a technology that helps to keep your feet odor-free. They also have independent circular sensors, which lead to a responsive walking experience.
The insole is made from resalyte, a special compound that is meant to provide protection to your feet without compromising on comfort.
- The resalyte insole of these sneakers makes them comfortable footwear.
- The shoes are extremely lightweight and comfortable
- They are made from synthetic material which makes them flexible and elastic, thereby ensuring a perfect fit on your feet.
- They are flats, best for CVI.
- These pairs of shoes are quite stylish to wear on any formal occasion.
- The ortholite insole technology ensures that your feet are odor free even after long usage.
- Available in a huge variety of colors.
- The shoes are not waterproof and best avoided in rain and snow.
You might also be interested in reading: Best Running Shoes For Seniors
#2 TFO Women’s Lightweight Shoes
TFO women’s lightweight shoes are perfect when it comes to people who are suffering from venous insufficiency. There are three aspects to this shoe that make it a perfect choice for such patients: its fabric, air circulation insole, and ankle support.
The fabric of the shoe is made up of the ultra First Tex-technology, which allows air to pass through it via microscopic holes, making the shoe breathable while at the same time waterproof.
The insoles are also designed to be breathable, reduce stuffiness in the foot, relieve fatigue and reduce odor. The insole also protects your ankle from joint-related pain.
The shoes are very comfortable and lightweight. It has anti-collision toe cups which protect your toes from getting hurt when you bump into an obstacle.
The EVA midsole and arch support on this shoe helps to protect your ankle knee from the impact of walking or running too fast.
- The shoes are quite stylish and can be worn with dresses or pants.
- The fabric is breathable due to the presence of microscopic holes, while also being waterproof.
- Insole is designed to reduce fatigue on your foot and also protect your ankle.
- The shoe also protects your knees and ankle joint from impact while walking or running.
- The shoes are lightweight, durable and comfortable.
- These shoes can be tight, so it may be advisable to buy one size up.
#3 Nike Men’s Running Shoes
This is one shoe that combines comfort with numerous health benefits. These shoes are an ideal footwear choice for people with venous problems.
The Nike running shoes come with a variety of features that make them ideal for varicose veins and venous insufficiency. The shoes feature a notched tongue, which makes it a stable fit.
The foam pads are designed in a way to give a secure feel to your feet. Moreover, its sleek design is tailored to support your stride.
The shoes give a good grip to the feet. They come with soft cushioning, which helps in strengthening the muscles of your calf. The midsole too provides proper cushioning and stability for your feet’s comfort.
- The sole of these shoes makes them quite comfortable to wear for long hours.
- The shoes are lightweight so that people can easily wear them for the whole day.
- The smooth grip makes it an ideal running shoe for the people.
- Foam pads inside the shoe makes it fit very snugly on your feet.
- In cold weather, your feet may get cold quickly because of the air zooms in the shoe.
You might also be interested in reading: Best Shoes For Aging Feet
#4 Mizuno Men’s Wave Rider Running Shoes:
These Mizuno rider running shoes come with some exciting features that suit people’s needs. These shoes are versatile enough to meet your comfort needs.
Their rubber sole is designed for giving comfort to your feet. The midsole is specially designed with a soft heel center. Moreover, its uniquely designed cloud wave cushioning technology makes it super comfortable.
The shoe ensures a smooth and responsive stride because of its cushioning technology which helps to reduce pressure on your muscles and joints.
The shoe fabric is covered outside with a stretch mesh, which is equipped with an adaptive fit in motion, thereby making the shoes very comfortable when moving. The shoe also has an articulated heel zone.
- Running becomes easy and comfortable with stretch mesh.
- The midsole of the shoe is designed with a soft heel center, giving it a very comfortable feeling.
- The cloud wave cushioning technology improves the cushion on the foot when walking.
- The shoe is made of a very soft material.
- The extra cushioning in the heels does not suit some buyers.
#5 Adidas Men’s Energy Boost Shoes
Adidas Men’s Energy Boost shoes are ideal for patients with any kind of feet problems.
Its sole is specially designed for those suffering from venous insufficiency. The synthetic sole gives a comforting feel to your feet.
These shoes are named as energy shoes because they assure extraordinary energy to the feet. Its super attractive design makes it an ideal choice among sneakers.
The four-way engineered stretch mesh enhances flexibility and gives more breathability. The sock-like fit further makes your foot a lot more comfortable. These shoes are uniquely designed for a better walking experience. Moreover, they aid in reducing pain and discomfort.
The Torison system between the heel and forefoot helps give a stable stride. These versatile sneakers are the perfect go-to shoes for people with venous issues.
- The four-way engineered stretch mesh makes the shoe very comfortable and well-fitting.
- The comfortable cushioning in these sneakers makes them ideal for running.
- The shoes are lightweight and are a perfect choice for those who stand for long hours.
- These shoes fit perfectly and smoothly like a sock.
- The laces come untied easily. You may need to double tie the knot of the laces.
You might also be interested in reading: Shoes For The Elderly With Balance Problems
What should you look for before buying the best shoes for venous insufficiency?
People suffering from venous insufficiency need to be extra careful while choosing the best shoe for themselves. Here is a buyers’ guide that will enable you to determine the right pair of shoes for yourself.
The first and foremost recommendation for venous insufficiency patients is to give up on heels. Heels have been shown to reduce muscle pumping function, which can lead to reduced flow of blood in your leg veins, which is the primary cause of venous insufficiency. Therefore, a good flat or very small heel is recommended for venous insufficiency patients.
Shoes meant for venous insufficiency should be made from elastic compressed material which can remain flexible throughout the day.
Usually, leather shoes not only look sophisticated and graceful, but the supple material makes the shoe elastic. Leather and other natural fabrics are a good choice for your shoes.
Canvas shoes or synthetic shoes also have flexibility. Rigid and stiff shoes can cramp your leg and intensify CVI and may further lead to varicose veins as well.
Chronic Venous Insufficiency
A V-shaped angular shoe improves stability and can give support from your toes to heels.
Make sure that the fitment of shoes is perfect. Your shoe should neither be too large, nor too small. Sometimes, we tend to buy shoes thinking that it may expand a bit after some time and fit your feet better. This is a mistake, we should always buy shoes that fit well right from the word go.
Insoles made with memory foam, rubber, or other elastic and comfortable material will make your walking experience a lot easier during the day.
You might also be interested in reading: Best Compression Socks for Varicose Veins
Venous insufficiency and the associated problem of varicose veins can be caused due to a poor choice of shoes. Therefore, it is important to make sure that you chose the right kind of shoes for your journey.
In this article, we have selected the best shoes for venous insufficiency based on the features mentioned in our buyer’s guide and the ratings and comments mentioned by actual users on Amazon.
In our opinion, the Mizuno Men's Wave Rider 22... is the best choice among the different available options that we have considered because not only they make running easy and comfortable and the design of the shoes is made especially to offer cushion effect to the feet.
If you are looking for a value for money option, you can also consider the Skechers Performance Women's... , as it is well priced when compared to other models of shoes.
While we make every effort to provide updated and correct information, the advice given in this article and website should not be construed as “medical advice”. Please consult with your physician or medical practitioner before using any shoe for venous insufficiency. Each individual may have his or her unique issues and your medical practitioner is the best person to decide the best shoe for your case.
Related articles you may wish to read:
- Best Running Shoes for Seniors
- Best Shoes for Venous Insufficiency
- Shoes for the Elderly with Balance Problems
- Best Shoes for Aging Feet
- Best Compression Socks for Varicose Veins