We have reviewed the best shoe for heavy runners. If you are in a hurry, the table below gives a quick snapshot of the top 5.
Last update 2021-10-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Running is one of the best exercises for people of all shapes and sizes. However, all running shoes are not good for every type of runner.
Do you know the consequences of the jolts your load-bearing joints would face while running if you are not wearing the right kind of shoes? The outcome is damaging for your leg joints, especially if you are a heavy runner.
The condition of your joints further deteriorates if you have crossed your mid-age coupled with obesity. If you are a heavy runner, you might want to pay greater emphasis on wearing the best shoe to keep your joints healthy.
If you have a large frame or heavy bones, you could fall into the category of heavy runners. If somebody suggested that ultrasoft shoes are good for heavy runners, you might want to confirm that from an expert first before you follow the advice blindly.
The truth is extra soft shoes are not the best kind of shoes for heavy runners. The softer the shoe, the greater is the jerk on your weight-bearing joints, such as knees, ankles, hips, spine, etc. At the same time, rigid shoes can harm the skin of your feet. So, how do you find a pair of shoes that are right for a heavy runner?
What Should You Look for Before Buying the Best Shoe for Heavy Runners?
You cannot say ‘one size fits all’ for shoes. Weight-bearing joints are the worst affected if a heavy runner does not wear the right kind of shoe. Below, we have shared a buyer’s guide on the right features to look for in the best shoe for heavy runners.
Heavy runners should prefer shoes engineered with high precision aligned with the applications of orthoses. Such shoes have shock absorber insoles that avert transverse and longitudinal arches from falling.
Shoes with built-in shock absorbers protect the runner against injury and pain. Furthermore, they spread the pressure evenly from heel to toe. You know that your load-bearing joints are in safe hands with shock absorber shoes.
The padding of the shoe in the midsole and outsole should be arranged scientifically to provide stability and minimize jerks while running. The mushy midsole can endure a heavy-weight champion, while the heel’s outsole made from carbon rubber provides support. Also, the softer blown rubber material provides stability to the mid and forefoot.
An outer mesh covering provides comfort to your delicate feet, without bearing the weight of the shoes. While jogging or running, the lightweight material takes the burden off your feet.
Synthetic fabric is strong and does not wear out even with rough use. Furthermore, mesh is a breathable fabric that allows upper ventilation to your feet, which is ideal for running on long treks. It gives a greater degree of flexibility with every step you take. You can feel the bounce below your feet.
You may also like Best Shoes for Venous Insufficiency
Best Shoes For Heavy Runners
Brooks Men Glycerin Shoes
Brooks Men Glycerin Shoes are one of the most versatile shoes for hard runners. The shoes are designed to give the best walking experience to the runners. These shoes are uniquely made for people who prefer the softness and cushioning.
The most wonderful thing about these shoes is it’s super-soft cushioning. The Ortholite sock liner gives comfort to the runners. It features DNA Loft that gives a cushioned feeling underfoot.
The flexible 3D fit print and interior liner stretch to adapt to the stride. The 3D fit technology is not easily available in normal shoes.
These shoes are lightweight and flexible enough to make your run more flexible. They aid in preventing the feet from losing their responsiveness.
As this shoe combines comfort and protection in a better way, these shoes assure runners to run extra miles with full comfort. They serve all the needs of runners.
Here we have a video that features Brooks Men Glycerin Shoes.
- The shoes come in excellent shock absorbing qualities. The soft midsole is specially designed for this purpose.
- 3D fit print and upper mesh are designed to give a perfect fit to the wearer
- DNA loft transition zone gives you a great transition from heel to toe with every step
- These shoes are good to wear on hard surfaces as well.
- It is ideal for people who need high cushioning due to weight or injuries.
- Rubber sole provides extra comfort and cushioning
- Available in several colors and designs
- The shoes wear out easily as compared to other shoes.
- Users often complain about an unusual ‘bump’ in the footbed’ which can make the shoes highly uncomfortable.
You may also like Best Sneakers for Scoliosis
New Balance Women’s Fresh V2 Shoes
New Balance Women’s Fresh V2 is counted among some of the best options available for heavy female runners. These shoes fulfill the comfort needs of your feet.
They are an ideal pair for plus sized runners because the fabric of these shoes is highly comfortable. The insole is specifically designed to meet the comfort needs of people. Also, the shoes are a perfect choice for football or basketball players.
It’s soft cushioning gives benefits for a long time. The grip of these sneakers is quite impressive. You can wear them for a longer period of time than expected.
The shoes have an ultra heel design, which adapts to the shape of your foot giving a great look while also fitting comfortably.
The shoes feature a lace-up closure. It adds to the comfort and care of your feet. The toe style is designed in a way to give comfort to your feet. The style of these shoes is plain but comfortable, thus making it ideal footwear for long comfortable walks.
- Extra cushioning of fresh foam protects your midsole.
- Ultra heel design for a perfect fitting and great look
- The upper mesh makes these shoes a lot more comfortable and breathable
- The shoes are extremely lightweight, they weigh only about 2 pounds
- The shoes are available in several colors as per your aesthetic sense
- The shoes do have a plain jane design, so they are not exactly for making a style statement
- Shoelaces can be a bit messy, a lot of runners prefer slip-ons for more comfort.
Hoka One One Men’s Rincon 6 Running Shoes
The Hoka One One running shoes are multipurpose shoes for daily use. These shoes are an ideal sports shoe for heavier men.
One of the best features of these sneakers is its rubber sole. This is uniquely made to give better comfort to your feet.
The shoes are made in a way to assure high-quality footwear. The mesh upper part is breathable with seamless synthetic overlays. Additionally, it protects your feet from injury.
That’s why they are one of the best running shoes for the runners.
The sneakers feature breathable textile lining to give absorption benefits to your feet. The foam padded insole is removable. It also ensures better cushioning and full support to the feet.
Moreover, EVA midsole is uniquely designed to absorb shock and offer stability. The sole is perfect in adding grip to the shoes. The heel to toe drop is a comfortable 5mm
The Meta-Rocker creates a smoother transition from heel to toe while stepping. There are rubber zones in the shoe, strategically placed to increase ground contact and also reduce the weight of the shoe (it weighs only 16 ounces per pair)
- The shoes are good for people with arch pain.
- Heel to toe drop is only 5mm
- Meta rocker improves heel to toe transition
- Cushioning support assures a better walking experience for heavier runners
- Mesh design improves moisture repellance
- Product is incredibly lightweight
- These shoes may not prove comfortable for flat feet.
You may also like Shoes for the Elderly with Balance Problems
ASICS Men’s Gel Nimbus 22 Running Shoes
ASICS Gel Nimbus running shoes are made with IGS [ Import Guidance System] technology. This technology helps to enhance the natural gait of your feet.
The shoes are designed with a dynamic DuoMax support system. This aids in enhancing the stability and support and to reduce the extra weight.
The shoes come in rubber soles. The sole is designed for feet’s comfort and care. The running shoes feature line midsole technology. The overall shoe design helps in improving gait efficiency.
This guiding line technology integrates with trusstic system technology to give better midfoot integrity. The overall purpose of this line construction is to enhance your gait efficiency. These technologies work together to give better cushioning and comfort to your heels or toes.
The rebound properties of these sneakers give excellent moisture management and control. Thus the running shoes promise a high level of breathability for your feet.
- Mesh upper stretch perfectly adapts to the foot.
- Lightweight cushioning keeps your feet active for the whole day.
- Trusstic System technology reduces the weight of the shoe (It weighs only 2 pounds)
- The integrated guidance line gives full structural support.
- These running shoes are a great fit for heavy runners due to the DuoMax support system.
- These shoes offer several designs and colors to please your aesthetic sense
- Hole in the shoes may appear with time.
- Laces sometimes face the problem of ripping.
Mizuno Men’s Waveknit 3 Running Shoes
Mizuno Men’s running shoes are an ideal shoe choice for heavy runners. These shoes come in fresh foam midsole. This midsole technology perfectly combines innovation with comfort.
The midsole is created from a single piece of foam. It helps to provide a more plush and natural ride to the feet. The midsole is made with redesigned, substantial, and smooth foam. This is specially designed to maintain a good balance for your feet.
The Mesh upper of the sneaker is engineered with soft materials. This mesh upper enables the foot to flex freely and in a better position. Moreover, the mesh upper gives a structured and protected fit to the feet.
These foam running shoes also feature blown rubber outsoles. This also adds to the comfort and care of your feet. The synthetic sole of these running shoes makes them an ideal choice among all the runners.
- The construction and bright colors of these shoes add to your style statement.
- The shoes are an ideal choice for heavy runners and Walkers.
- The shoes also fit comfortably for the longer runs.
- The WAVEKNIT construction gives a comfortable fit and makes the shoe breathable
- XPOP PU foam and Mizuno Foam Wave makes this shoe very soft and bouncy
- If the heel has slack, it may cause slippage of the heels.
You may also like Best Shoe for Toe Runners
In this article, we have selected the best shoe for heavy runners based on the features mentioned in our buyer’s guide and the ratings and comments mentioned by actual users on Amazon.
In our opinion, the Mizuno Men's Wave Sky Waveknit 3 Running... is the best choice among the different available options that we have considered as they are highly comfortable when it comes to long runs by heavy runners and can add to the runners’ style statement as well.
If you are looking for a value for money option, you can also consider the ASICS Men's Gel-Nimbus 22 Shoes, 6,... , as it offers great features in a reasonable price range.
For runners experiencing knee pain or discomfort, you should read Best Running Shoes For Bad Knees, and Best Bariatric Knee Brace. Before and after running exercises, it is quite important to warm your leg muscles. One effective way is by using a vibrating foam roller.
Have a healthy and happy running!