We have reviewed some of the best personal lubricants for seniors. If you are in a hurry, the table below gives a quick snapshot of the top ones.
Last update 2021-07-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last update 2021-07-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Research shows that sexual activity declines significantly after a certain age, as we move from midlife to later life. Part of the reason is the dissociation of happiness with sexual activity or a certain lack of pleasure in amorous activities.
After reaching the menopausal age, you can feel vaginal dryness, which can be painful for you and your partner. For a pain-free experience, many people use personal lubricants. It removes dryness and gives you a perfect experience. Personal lubricants can be gel-based, water-based, or silicone-based.
This article brings you the best personal lubricants for seniors.
Our Top Choice – Astroglide Personal Lubricant
The Astroglide Liquid, Water Based... is our top choice for best personal lubricant for seniors.
This lubricant helps relieve skin irritation, dryness, and discomfort. It removes vaginal dryness. It does not have any harmful substances such as parabens and is quite safe. It provides sufficient lubrication and is safe to use with condoms and toys.
Some other features
- It helps you moisturize the genital area and keep it hydrated for a long time.
- The non-sticky lube is easy to apply.
- The water base removes dryness and relieves skin irritation.
- It can be used with latex and rubber condoms.
- It is toy friendly and does not use harmful chemicals like parabens
You may also like How to Know When an Elderly Person Can’t Live Alone?
Best Personal Lubricant For Seniors
#1 Astroglide 5 Oz Liquid Water Base Lubrication
Astroglide is a premium lube that is water-based and easy to apply. The lubricant is very easy to clean off as well, you can wipe it off with a clean tissue, and you are done.
Both men and women can use this no-stain lubricant. It is long-lasting, extra silky, and does not have harmful chemicals like parabens. The moisture helps to relieve vaginal dryness. It is also hypoallergenic.
- Certified lubricant, made with no harmful chemicals. It contains no parabens, artificial fragrances, and dyes.
- It does not irritate one’s delicate body parts.
- Moisturizes the vaginal skin and relieves dryness.
- A water-based liquid that is easy to apply and clean.
- Condom-compatible as it is safe for natural rubber and latex condoms.
- One bottle consists of 5 ounces of lubricant.
- It is toy friendly.
- Some users felt that the lube was sticky to use.
- It dries up fast, so you may need to reapply the lubrication a couple of times.
The video below features the product Astroglide 5 Oz Liquid Water Base Lubrication.
#2 Penchant Premium Intimate Lubricant
Penchant Premium is one of the best silicone-based lubricants. This is especially useful for those seniors who have sensitive skin and need extra protection.
Its unique silicone lubricant formula lasts longer than water-based lubricants. It feels silky and smooth after application.
This lubricant is body-safe and meets all the medical standards and is FDA 510K accepted too. It is long-lasting and offers a satisfactory experience.
It does not dry out easily and makes you smooth and ready for lovemaking. The packaging is elegant and discreet (like a high-end moisturizer).
The lubricant is paraben-free, and there is even a 30-day satisfaction guarantee on the product.
- Perfect for those mid-age people who have sensitive skin.
- Lasts longer than other water-based lubes.
- Meets all medical standards and is FDA approved.
- Moisturizes the skin.
- Work well in water as it stays long.
- It is odorless, paraben-free, and won’t stain at all.
- Condom-safe and has no glycerin.
- One bottle contains 4 oz of lubrication.
- Unisex lube is perfect for men and also women who are in the menopause phase.
- Helps to reduce dryness and itchiness in the vaginal area.
- Some users felt the lubricant is oily and difficult to clean.
- While it is meant to be long lasting, one may need reapplication.
You might also be interested in reading: Best Eyeliner For Seniors
#3 Wet Platinum Silicone Based Personal Lubricant
This hypoallergenic lube is paraben-free and silicone based, with a long lasting action. Three different sizes-small, medium, and large are available to choose from.
Because of the silicone base, this lubricant works well even in small quantities. It is oil-free, glycerin-free, and a premium silicone-based lube that provides 100% pleasure and satisfaction. Massage it all over the skin to keep it moisturized for a long time.
It is FDA class II 510k approved and causes no irritation while applying. It makes the sexual activity pleasurable and helps ease out dryness and pain which seniors may experience. The lube works with all types of condoms as it is latex safe.
- The lube is paraben-free, oil-free, and non-sticky.
- An odorless liquid that is very easy to apply.
- It stays for long and is perfect to be used in water too.
- Removes dryness and moisturizes the skin for a long time.
- Perfect for all types of condoms as it is latex safe.
- Made of high-grade silicone that is skin-friendly and couple-friendly.
- It is advisable to keep the bottle upright; it is prone to leakage as it is silicone-based.
- The bottle is not very sturdy.
#4 Lube Life Anal Lubricant
This thick silicone-based lube is waterproof and perfect for anal sex or shower sex. This long-lasting lube is a supplement for the body’s natural lubrication and enhances the pleasure of being together.
It is a water-resistant lube, perfect for shower sex. It is free from any siloxanes that are usually present in silicone lubes. The lube life is latex-free and meets all the US FDA guidelines.
You can enjoy lovemaking longer as the lube has a long-lasting effect. The lube makes the sensitive tissues soft and removes pain and itching.
- Thick silicone lube that stays long.
- Perfect for anal and shower sex.
- Quality ingredients that give a silky smooth vagina.
- Perfect for latex, natural rubber, and polyisoprene condoms.
- Medically approved by FDA 510K.
- Hypoallergenic lube that makes your skin soft.
- Siloxanes free, paraben-free, and oil-free base that is perfect for any skin.
- It has a much thicker consistency than water-based lubricants.
- Not recommended for those who do not like the feel of thick lubes.
- Not ideal for people with very sensitive skin.
You may also like Personal Hygiene Products For Elderly
#5 ISABEL FAY Lubricant For Sensitive Skin
This is a natural water-based personal lubricant ideal for sensitive skin. This sex gel is odorless and colorless. It is body-safe, 100% paraben-free, and glycerin-free too.
Most importantly, it does not stain. It is condom safe. Made with natural ingredients, this lube is water-based, therefore it is very easy to apply and rinse off. Works well in reducing dryness and discomfort that is common in the menopause phase.
- Perfect for full body massage.
- Oil-free, glycerin-free, paraben-free lube that is very easy to apply.
- Condom safe lube is also perfect for use on sex toys.
- It is odorless and colorless too.
- Perfect lubricant for sensitive skin.
- One bottle contains 8 ounces of water-based lube.
- As it is water-based, it needs to be applied over and over again to retain moisture.
#6 Good Clean Love: Personal Lubricant
This organic and aloe-based lubricant has a wonderful fragrance of lemon and vanilla. The vagina feels fresh and smooth after you apply the lube.
It has the same long-lasting impact as other lubricants but is made with all-natural ingredients and zero chemicals. It does not cause skin irritation.
This lube protects your sensitive parts with organic ingredients. Women who experience vaginal dryness due to menopause, post-pregnancy, and birth control pills can use this lubricant. To make sex exciting and full of pleasure, you can buy this pack of two lubricants.
- 95% of organic ingredients make the lube skin-friendly.
- The perfect lube for latex condoms and silicone toys.
- It also helps to retain the natural pH level in the sensitive parts of women.
- Recommended by gynecologists as the lube is perfect for reducing dryness.
- No glycerin, paraben, and petrochemicals have been used in the lube.
- The natural scent of lemon and vanilla add fragrance to the body and makes you feel fresh.
- Non-sticky lube that is convenient to apply.
- Fairly priced product.
- Some users suggest reapplication as the lubricant dries very quickly.
You may also like Best Elderly Dating Sites
What should you look for before buying a personal lubricant?
Non paraben and glycerin free
If the lubricant is paraben-free, it does not irritate the skin, nor does it hurt while applying. When the lube does not contain glycerin, it is non-sticky and, therefore, better for pleasurable love.
Maintains the pH level
Maintaining the skin’s pH level, especially in one’s intimate parts, is essential as lack or excess of it can cause skin irritation. Hence, always look for a lube that helps maintain or retain the pH level of one’s sensitive areas.
Water-based or silicone base
A water-based or silicone-based lube does not feel sticky after applying. Moreover, it doesn’t even irritate your skin but makes it hydrated and smooth. The best thing about these lubes is that they are latex compatible, therefore, can be used with all types of condoms and most toys.
You may also like Dating Sites for Overweight Singles
Look for ingredients like plant cellulose, vitamin E and aloe vera. All these natural ingredients make the lube extra smooth and are perfect for extra sensitive skin. They moisturize the skin and make sex enjoyable, without causing any harm.
Scented or scent-free lubricant
Many people cannot bear the strong smell of aloe vera, vanilla, lemon, and other strong scents. For such people, there are several options for fragrance-free lubes for seniors, which would be ideal for those who are sensitive to smell.
Non-sticky and easy to apply
Before buying a lubricant, see to it that it is easy to apply and is non-sticky. While some people prefer the thick silicone-based lubes, others would rather opt for the non-sticky ones. Non-sticky lubes don’t cause stains.
You may also like What Should Seniors Without Partners Do
Frequently Asked Questions
Why do people need personal lubricants when they reach their 40’s?
As we age, our genital tissues grow thin. This leads to less natural lubrication in our private areas, making sex painful, itchy and less pleasurable. This discomfort during intercourse can be allayed by the use of personal lubricants.
To make the vaginal area soft and smooth, there are several lubricant brands that we have mentioned in this article. Lubes help to keep the area wet, and you can experience more enjoyable and longer-lasting sex.
For males, the lube acts as a pleasure stimulator for longer sexual activity. Use it to get that comfort and pleasure back in your life.
Which is the best lubricant for women with sensitive skin?
Women who have sensitive skin can opt for Isabel Fay. It is odorless and colorless too. This sex gel is perfect for keeping you wet and smooth while having sex. Most importantly, it does not stain at all and is perfect for condoms and sex toys. Another option is Good Clean Love’s ‘Almost Naked Lubricant’. This is also perfect for sensitive skin. Both these options are listed above in this article.
Which is the best lubricant that works well for dryness?
Many women experience dryness in their vagina due to menopause, post-pregnancy, medication, and age. Our best choice to stay wet and active during lovemaking is Astroglide.
When should a woman use synthetic lubricants?
A woman might choose to use a synthetic lubricant when she experiences vaginal dryness due to medication. It can also be used if there are changes in hormone levels during pregnancy or after childbirth causing temporary vaginal dryness.
Menopause causes vaginal dryness; hence synthetic lubricants are a good option. When one’s natural lubricant is insufficient to reduce the friction, making sex painful, it is better to use a synthetic lubricant.
Women who experience pain or itching in their vagina due to dehydrated sensitive vaginal tissue, may like to opt for a synthetic lubricant.
In this article, we have selected the best personal lubricants for seniors based on the features mentioned in our buyer’s guide and the ratings and comments mentioned by actual users on Amazon.
In our opinion, the Astroglide Liquid, Water Based... is the best choice among the various options that we have considered because it is long-lasting, chemical-free, and mimics natural body fluids.
If you are looking for a value for money option, you can also consider the #LubeLife Anal Lubricant -... , which offers great value and features at a very reasonable price point.