We have reviewed the best personal ECG monitors. If you are in a hurry, the table below gives a quick snapshot of the top 6.
Last update 2022-01-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Do you have a history of arrhythmia in your family? Has someone in your family recently faced cardiac arrest? Are you concerned about how healthy your heart and that of your family members or seniors is?
If your answer, unfortunately, to some of these questions is a yes, then you are not alone. CDC estimates that every 37 seconds, a person dies in the United States from cardiovascular disease. This article talks about a convenient and portable handheld device that can warn you about unusual heart activity and update your doctor immediately as well. This machine is known as a portable Electrocardiogram (ECG).
An ECG tracks your heart’s electrical activity in a resting state, and from there determines whether your heart rate and rhythm are normal or erratic. It is an important device for people with a history of stroke, cardiac arrest, or arrhythmia, who have been recommended to keep track of their heart activity on a regular basis.
ECG trackers used to be available only in hospitals and medical care facilities. Nowadays, you can hold one in the palm of your hand and take a reading that gets recorded in your iPhone and analyzed and dissected in an instant.
Since every ECG device claims to be the best, you would really need to wade through a mess of tall claims and big sounding medical terms before finally coming to the one device that actually is useful for your purpose.
Fear not. This article will give you complete information on how you can select the best personal ECG monitor and take you through a menu of carefully selected products that will suit the needs of one and all for every budget.
Features to Look Before You Buy the Best Personal ECG Monitor
Well, accuracy is after all the most basic requirement in any medical device. Personal ECG monitors are designed to give its users information on their heart rate and its movement. If you can’t trust the results of the device, then what good is it?
To be honest, there is no way to determine how good the accuracy is without reading through the reviews and comments. Thankfully, that’s where we come in! Our product list is guaranteed to be the most reliable set of products available.
Some portable ECG monitoring devices can record heartbeats and up to a 30 seconds’ single-channel EKG result. You can email your stats to your doctor in real-time and get a further review and analysis.
That is a really awesome facility to have – you can consult quickly with your doctor online if you are feeling the onset of a stroke or attack. If unfortunately you or your loved ones do end up facing an attack, your ECG will already be available to your physician before you reach the hospital, and they will be ready with the requisite medication and other things.
Some devices allow you to download, save, manage, review, and print your report without charging any extra for such services. Hence choose a machine that charges no extra subscription fees for such services and stores unlimited historical data.
Select a device that charges the battery quickly, and the charge stays for long, even in standby mode, and after every single charge, it can scan maximum records. If you have recently had an attack, you should monitor your heartbeat several times a day, and you really don’t want your ECG monitor’s battery running out on you all the time.
Easy to use
Ensure that your device is easy to use. It needs no wire or electrodes for reading the heart vitals. Also, it must include an integrated standard leads for accurate cardiac monitoring. The results must be displayed on an easy-to-read display screen.
The device should accurately monitor almost all the heart’s vital stats, including heartbeats, arrhythmia, missed beats, ventricular premature beats, and more for proactive heart health management.
Ensure that the device that you select is compatible with your phone or the user’s phone. Most of the tools are compatible with all android and iOS phones. Hence make sure that the device that you select is compatible.
You may also like Best No Contract Medical Alert System
Best Personal ECG Monitor
#1 BodiMetrics Performance Monitor
BodiMetrics Performance Monitor is a health device that promises safety with accuracy. It figures all your vital health metrics in the palm of your hand. The device measures ECG/ EKG, pulse rate, oxygenation, blood pressure, and body temperature.
The device features algorithms that connect with performance indices to provide accurate information about your body.
This device features a 3-second temperature, pedometer, and medication reminders.” Relax me” trainer is a feature that uses your Heart Rate Variability [HRV].
This helps to manage your stress level through active monitoring and breathing exercises. BodiMetrics device is like a reminder call of your medication and exercise schedules.
The devices use your Bluetooth, which enables it to sync your smartphone. After that, you can share your test results with your family and doctor. It is constructed with extended battery life. thus people can use it with ease and comfort
- This device captures metrics in your palm within 20 seconds.
- Can measure ECG/ EKG, Pulse rate, Oxygenation, Blood pressure, and even body temperature
- The performance monitor is compatible and lightweight.
- It can quickly determine heart rate and arrhythmias.
- EKG wave accurately determines the nature of arrhythmias.
- Uses BlueTooth connectivity to sync data with your smartphone
- The LCD display does not have a backlight; you can’t use it without light.
- The battery is not user-replaceable.
You may also like Best Medical Alert System with Fall Detection
#2 AliveCor KardiaMobile Personal EKG
AliveCor KardiaMobile Personal EKG is your personalized EKG device. This compact device works efficiently with your smartphone. Just a 30-second check allows you to check your heart rhythm. One needs to download the Kardia app on your phone and gently rest your fingers on each sensor.
This EKG device is a doctor-trusted tool. The device works efficiently with smartphones and tablets. It is ideal for detecting Atrial Fibrillation, Tachycardia or normal heart rhythm,
It features sensors that give quick results within seconds. The device works well without applying wires, cables, or gels.
This is an FDA-approved device, with medical-grade readings. It is compatible with most smartphones, and you can use it to email your readings at just the click of a button and has a 200 hours operational time. It is also the lightest device in this whole lineup, coming in at only 0.6 ounces. A subscription plan is required with this device if you want to upload your data after 1 month.
- You can store the results of EKG or share them with your doctor.
- FDA approved device with medical-grade reading, approved by doctors
- Includes Afib reading classification unlike many other devices
- Compatible with most smartphones and tablets
- 200 hours of operational time
- Lightest ECG device in our list
- The app requires access to your data, which may be a threat to security.
- After a free month trial, you have to pay for the subscription, if you want auto cloud sync and premium services.
#3 Wellue Personal Heart Health Monitor
This Welldue Personal heart monitor is your compact handheld heart monitoring device. The device is perfect in checking your heart rate. Another good feature of this device is its multi-user mode. You can store two users’ data together on the same device.
This personal ECG device lets you track your heart health in a few seconds. Additionally, it gives convenience to review your reports. The innovative design of this tool supports ECG readings off your chest.
All you need is to turn on the device, and it will let you get your results in 30 seconds.
- Heart rate and electrocardiogram results are shown on screen.
- EKG reader is easy to use and looks more like a mini phone.
- You can print out or mail your EKG results to your doctor.
- There is a 12-month warranty on this product
- It does not tell reading of rhythm; it only records your rhythm.
- It does not alert users about Afib.
You may also like Best Baby Monitor for Elderly
#4 Vive Precision EKG Monitor
Vive Precision EKG Monitor is a versatile heart monitoring device. It is specially designed with a compact ECG monitor to obtain ECG readings. The best thing about a portable monitor is that it records 14 cardiac conditions.
Its smart compatibility makes it compatible with ios and android devices. Vive Precision app allows you to view and share your historical or current data. The device is constructed with a rechargeable lithium battery. This battery records upto 500 scans.
It features automatic sensors to detect irregular cardiac rhythm. The LCD screen let hassle-free and convenient sharing of your test results.
- This medical device aids in proactive heart health management.
- The EKG Monitor is built with a long-lasting battery.
- It gives you your current heart rate, date, time, and an ECG waveform graph.
- It is a portable pocket ECG device
- Long-lasting battery. Can give up to 500 scans on a single charge.
- 60-day unconditional warranty on this product
- Does not give you blood pressure or pulse oxygen read.
#5 OXPROVO Portable EKG/ECG Heart Monitoring Device
OXPROVO Heart Monitoring combines innovation with care. This heart monitoring device is compatible with your phone, laptop, and PC. This device gives reliable and accurate heart activity results at home. Moreover, it is a doctor-trusted device for people to use.
This OXOPROVO technique gives accurate heartbeat results. It records your heartbeat in just 30 seconds. The device comes with free reading software. It helps patients to download, preview, print, and share their reports with their doctors. It gives four different ways to record rhythm and heart rate. Moreover, it does not require any wires.
It has Bluetooth connectivity and can sync with your smartphone. It can also use a USB cable to connect to your computer. You need to press the button and hold on to it for 4 seconds. When the EKG screen shows a yellow line, you can start measuring your heart results.
There is no subscription fee for this device.
- You can take EKG anytime without applying wires and cables.
- The device gives good quality tracing of your heart rate.
- Heart rate, pulse rate readings are reliable and correct.
- No subscription fees of any kind with this device
- Four measurement methods are supported – Hand, chest, leg, and wrist
- You can’t delete readings from the device. For that, you have to connect it with a phone or PC.
- After 100 readings, the EKG data starts to get overwritten
You may also like Best GPS Tracker for Elderly
#6 CONTEC Portable ECG/ EKG Monitor
CONTEC Portable Monitor is a compact ECG/EKG monitoring device. You can check ECG while sitting at your home. The device features one touch technology. One finger touching lets you check your heart rate at home. The device is built with a 1.77″ colored LCD screen. This colored screen gives accurate and reliable readings.
It allows you to save your data permanently and safely to a cloud platform. The device gives immediate results to people within a few seconds. Its rechargeable battery enables people to use it for a more extended period. This monitor records and saves ECG rhythm accurately and conveniently.
You can save your device data through Bluetooth or in PC software via USB. It gives excellent computer software compatibility. You need to upload the data on to your computer. After that, you can save and share your results with your doctor.
- This is an ideal ECG monitor for home use.
- It is a compact, durable, and reliable device.
- The sensors are present on each end of the device.
- The tool enables people to detect up to 12 cardiac situations on it.
- The lightweight device weighs only 2 pounds
- No subscription plan or fees on this device
- It is complicated for an older person to understand this device
#7 EMAY Portable ECG Monitor
This EMAY Portable ECG Monitor is an all-in-one device that tracks your EKG rhythm and heart rate. This ECG monitor is your heart health monitor. This professionally approved device can be connected with android, iPhone, and windows.
It accurately syncs your ECG rhythm on the app. With one click, you can send the EKG report to your physician. The device further allows for Bluetooth capabilities, all you need to do is place a finger on sensors.
Its compact and portable size helps people to carry it anywhere with ease. The valuable data assures to give efficient results.
- Record your rhythm in just 30 seconds.
- You can record, transfer, review, and share your reports.
- The LCD display on the device allows us to view the correct EKG waveform.
- The device does not require any cable or wire to connect.
- The device gives clinical-grade reports for all readings
- No hidden costs or subscription fees
- It can give Afib readings and analysis of results of the reading unlike most other devices
- Bluetooth connectivity can sometimes cause minor problems.
You may also like Who Should Wear a Medical Alert Bracelet
#8 FaceLake FL20 Portable ECG/EKG Monitor
This personalized monitor caters fully to your health needs. The device is ideal in quick EKG recordings and evaluation. Its features make it a capable device to monitor your cardiac conditions. The device is uniquely designed with two measurement modes. It conveniently tracks your heart activity at home or in the office.
The devices come with the benefit of ECG strip storage. So you can store your data at any point in time. Single-channel EKG stores record heartbeat in just 30 seconds. Within one minute, the results are shown on your LCD screen. Additionally, you can upload your data to your PC and transfer it to your doctor.
It also gives the feature of downloading the report as PDF to a USB flash. The stored results can also be used for further examination by your doctor. The ECG monitor act as your perfect companion.
- The device comes in a compact one lead ECG design.
- You can choose between easy mode (30-second reading) or continuous mode (more comprehensive reading)
- No subscription fees or other charges for using this device
- The tool is ideal for people suffering from chest pain, palpitations, obesity, dyspnea.
- The device can display ECG waveform, analysis results, heart rate, and even battery status on its display
- The LCD of the device is backlit for ease of use
- The device gives quick results with reliability.
- Buttons are small, which may cause problems for older people.
- The device does not show Afib for patients.
The personal ECG monitor is a great device that can effectively monitor the well-being of your loved ones. If you or someone in your family has a history of arrhythmia, cardiac arrest, strokes, heart problems or you would just like to keep abreast of your heart health at all times, you should consider investing a small amount in a good personal ECG device.
In this article, we have selected the best personal ECG monitor based on the features mentioned in our buyer’s guide and the ratings and comments mentioned by actual users on Amazon.
In our opinion, the Performance Monitor is the best choice among the various options that we have considered because it gives accurate results, is rich in features, and serves the purpose.
If you are looking for a value for money option, you can also consider the Vive Precision EKG ECG Monitor (App... , which offers great value and features at a very reasonable price point.
While we make every effort to provide updated and correct information, the advice given in this article and website should not be construed as “medical advice”. Please consult with your physician or medical practitioner before using any ECG device. Each individual may have his or her unique issues and your medical practitioner is the best person to decide the best personal ECG monitor for your case.