We have reviewed the best office chair for sciatica. If you are in a hurry, the table below gives a quick snapshot of the top 6.
Last update 2021-07-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last update 2021-07-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Are you setting up your office and looking for a chair that helps you with your sciatic pain? If yes, then this article can be just what the doctor ordered for you.
Between 5-10% of all people in the US suffering from lower back pain have sciatica. Regular exercise, medication, and correct sitting posture can bring significant change.
A good office chair ensures a healthy posture by supporting the sacrum to stabilize your spine. There is a whole host of “ergonomic” chairs available in the market, let us help you in finding the best office chair for sciatica.
The video below explains what is sciatica.
Our top Choice- Ergohuman High Back Swivel Chair
The Ergohuman High Back Swivel... is our top choice for the best office chair for sciatica. Why? Read on…
- Firstly, the optimal position for feet in sciatic pain is that they should be flat on the floor. For that, you need a chair that can adjust its height perfectly. A pneumatic cylinder based height adjustment in the Ergohuman does that perfectly
- Secondly, the Ergohuman has a nice contoured waterfall edge, which is another important feature to help with sciatic pain.
- The chair has a 29-inch depth, which gives you the right space to comfortably place your thighs in the perfect position to lessen the pain.
- The chair has a three-position tilt lock to adjust the amount of recline that you want to have easily.
- The back, headrest, and seat cushion are all adjustable – so you can customize your Ergohuman as per your size and width.
- The armrests on the Ergohuman are height adjustable and pivot for your comfort
- The chair has a breathable mesh seat which will give you utmost comfort and keep you cool all day long as you toil in the office
- The chair is both Greenguard indoor air quality certified and Meets ANSI/BIFMA standards.
Best Office Chair For Sciatica
#1 Ergohuman High Back Swivel Chair
The Ergohuman High Back Swivel Chair is one of the best office chairs in the market. Your search for finding the right chair for sciatica has now come to an end. This chair features eight ergonomic adjustments for all-day comfort.
The chair is built with a breathable mesh seat to offer ultimate comfort. The chair is designed with full back support. Thus ensures air circulation.
One of its key features is its pneumatic cylinder based height adjustment feature. It helps to raise and lower the chair quickly. Its contoured lumbar support aids in giving long term comfort at your office. This helps in reducing your back issues.
The chair features a three-position tilt lock. It locks the chair back into place in one of its three positions. Now you can sit in any of your comfortable positions.
- High back swivel chair features a headrest.
- The back seat cushion accommodates individual needs.
- Pivoting features work with a variety of seating postures.
- Tension control adjustment amount to reclining force.
- The weight of this chair is 64 pounds.
- The adjustable height feature gives better support.
- The chair’s armrest is adjusted quite low, which may cause inconvenience.
- The headrest is not removable.
#2 BERLMAN High Back Mesh Office Chair
BERLMAN High Back office chair comes with adjustable armrest lumbar support. The chair is made with solid construction.
The purpose behind its construction is to help you sit in the right posture for protecting your neck and waist. The chair is professionally designed to offer better health benefits.
Its ergonomic curved design helps you in getting a comfortable position. The chair is productive for those who have long sitting hours at the office.
Thus supports your back when a long time before the desk. High quality and environment-friendly materials are used to make this chair’s frame.
A breathable mesh chair gives you a breezy and comfortable feel. The foldable arms of this office chair are suitable for all kind of situations.
It is one of the few mesh chairs that come with apt designing at affordable prices. Moreover, the chair adapts efficiently to your body dimensions.
- Stable and durable chair for office purposes.
- Adjustable armrest with lumbar support headrest.
- Heavy-duty base with smooth PU rolling casters.
- Relieves pressure on the spine and promotes blood circulation.
- Efficient seat height adjustment.
- The weight of this item is 29.9 pounds.
- Setting up of the chair is easy.
- Mesh material does not come with full padding.
- The armrest can sheer off easily with extra pressure.
#3 CLATINA Ergonomic Swivel Chair
CLATINA swivel chair is another popular option that gives comfort with convenience. This swivel chair helps make you feel comfortable and ease your sciatica pain while sitting for long hours.
The chair features a fully adjustable design. You can adjust the seat and armrest, lumbar height, and tilt tensions.
The office chair features a breathable back that allows airflows that keep your back cool. Besides this, it also features an updated thick pad.
Therefore, it gives a soft texture that helps to decline pressure. 360-degree swivel chair back reclines from 90 to 135 degrees. Moreover, the solidly constructed chair supports up to 275lbs.
The chair works on patented synchro movement technology that increases sitting convenience and safety. Chair assures to make every moment of your productive and healthy.
- Ergonomic fabric back high swivel executive chair.
- 3D soft cushion armrest.
- The chair features adjustable lumbar support and seat depth.
- The chair’s backrest can tilt up to 135 degrees.
- A solid base and sturdy gas cylinder can support up to 275 lbs.
- The high-density sponge gives full support.
- The weight of this chair is 47.3 pounds.
- The headrest may become loose with time.
- Putting up the chair is a challenging task.
#4 Snoviay Ergonomic Office Chair
Snoviay ergonomic chair is an ideal executive mid back desk chair. The key feature of this office chair is its seat depth adjustability.
As for most people, they can adjust seat pad positions. It helps to make seat depth to fit your height, which keeps the back stick close to the chair efficiently.
The chair is made with a high precision structure. Every part is adjusted with full comfort settings.
This chair features a waterfall seat pad. Thus helps to avoid extra pressure on your seats. The office chair is made with a three-position tilt lock. You can get into a good posture with this chair.
Snoviay is known for its modern design and fully ergonomic features. The chai is a good choice for people with sciatica pain. The flip-up armrest lets you adjust the height of the table.
- Adjustable headrest for full back support.
- The seat pad puts minimal pressure on the nerve.
- Tilt lock for a better and comfortable posture.
- The chair is made with high elastic mesh cloth.
- The weight of this chair is 50.4 pounds.
- The height of the chair is adjustable.
- Installation and assembly of this chair are quite easy.
- The chair does not have a headrest or lumbar support
- The back is not very high, which may cause some inconvenience.
#5 Hbada Store Ergonomic Executive Office Chair
Hbada Store chair is one of the most versatile office chairs for people. This swivel desk chair comes with convenient and adjustable features.
Its durable layer ergonomic backrest consists of soft elastic cotton and native sponge. It can fit the human spine and also support the lumbar. The headrest and cushion are filled with high density to ensure you will get relief from pain and stress.’
The chair features a thick headrest that lets your neck more relaxed. The padded armrest of this chair provides soft protection for your arm.
Hugging backrest gives you an ultimate hugging experience. Moreover, the wrap-around seat provides superior sitting feelings.
It features a pressure relief sponge cushion. That ensures relaxation and relief from whole day tiredness. The chair is made with environment-friendly high-quality material.
- High back executive chair made of PU leather.
- The backrest reclines 135 degrees.
- 360-degree rotation cushion makes this chair more flexible.
- Retractable footrest for better reclining positions.
- Premium looking and easy to clean chair.
- Streamlined curved armrest and linkage function armrest.
- The weight of this chair is 44.3 pounds.
- Assembling may seem a bit complicated.
- The seat cushion is not thick enough to provide all day comfort.
#6 GM Seating Swivel Chair
GM seating chair provides a combination of ergonomic features, modern design, and durability. The chair is designed with customizable features.
This swivel chair offers a versatile range of motions. This executive chair supports your body as you move. Thus it is a very good option for sciatic pain.
The chair is compact and can fit perfectly in your office. This executive chair swivels 360 degrees for multi-tasking convenience.
The durable nylon caster allows for smooth-rolling mobility from one area of your office to another area. This is the best feature of this chair.
The chair is made with sleek and professional style. It supports full-day comfort in the office.
This ergonomically designed office chair aids in reducing your whole day stress. The chair is primarily designed with back angle adjustments, synchro tilt, seat height adjustments, and arm height adjustments.
- Seat slide adjustable features.
- Unique lumbar support system for your comfort.
- Backrest height adjustment and recline adjustment in a reclined position.
- 3D adjustable arms and seat sliding chair.
- The chair is made with a modern and stylish look.
- The chair can go pretty low as well.
- The seat can be brought forward and backward.
- The weight of this chair is 66 pounds.
- The wheels of the chair are not very smooth.
- The seat becomes flat after a few months of regular usage.
#7 STARSPACE Office Chair
STARSPACE office chair is a high back leather executive computer desk chair. The chair is ideal for those looking for a classy, comfortable, convenient, and long-lasting office chair.
This chair lets you get rid of back pains, muscle stiffness, and discomfort. The chair exactly caters to your seating needs.
You can easily adjust the height of your desk chair for increased functionality. The multi-purpose chair is cool, sturdy, and useful for whole day seating.
The flip-up arms can easily be customized according to your needs. You can sit comfortably and productively do your work. It enhances the sitting position of office employees so that they can fully concentrate on their work.
This office chair is made with an ergonomic S-shaped waterfall design. It provides optimal neck and lumbar support and let your body to stand tall.
Moreover, this chair prevents slouching and ensures the best-seated positions for those who spend long hours on their desk. As they can rely on this comfortable desk chair.
- High-end desktop black bonded leather executive chair.
- Double padded seat cushion for better comfort.
- Advanced tilt locking for better reclining function.
- Convenient height adjuster to adjust the height.
- Thickly padded headrest for optimal neck support.
- The weight of this chair is 37.2 pounds.
- Assembling of the chair may be a little complicated.
- The armrest is half an inch low that causes arm strain.
What should you look for before buying an office chair?
Support Your Back:
These office chairs are made to support your back. They feature an ergonomic design that supports the base of your spine. This helps to maintain a natural forward tilt to prevent slouching.
Office chairs feature adjustable armrests. These are attached to the backrest so you can move naturally and maintain a good posture. The chairs are fully adjustable both up and down and pivot left to right.
The chairs’ adjustable headrest provides better support than the standard headrest as it is designed to fit your nape and head. This further helps you to maintain good posture while moving from different positions.
The ergonomic mesh chairs are ideal for people who have long working hours. The high-density mesh fabric allows natural airflow while giving you full back support.
The thick fabric cushion is designed to cater to your comfort needs. The sponge material makes these chairs more breathable. The mesh material of these chairs lets you sit comfortably for long hours.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How do you sit on office chairs with sciatica?
While sitting on these chairs, don’t cross your legs. Keep your hips and knees bent (45-degree angle is best).
If your chair has wheels, use them. Rather twisting or turning your body, use the chair to move your body as a single unit.
Does this chair give full lumbar support?
Yes, these chairs are specially designed to give full lumbar support. The chairs are constructed with contoured lumbar support.
The chairs are designed with an adjustable lumbar panel that gives you the support needed for long hours. This is hence, beneficial for people who suffer from sciatica or any body pain.
Are Orthopedic seat cushions good?
These ergonomic chairs come with specially designed seat cushions. Such cushions are made of soft, contouring material that gives you more relief to your lower back, buttocks, and hips. These cushions let you sit for long hours at the office.
Studies suggest that we spend a third of our lifetime on working in office. A simple office chair can bring a huge difference in your health if you choose it wisely. It can reduce your sciatica pain and bring long-term comfort.
In this article, we have selected the best office chair for sciatica based on the features mentioned in our buyer’s guide and the ratings and comments mentioned by actual users on Amazon.
In our opinion, the Ergohuman High Back Swivel... is the best choice among the various options that we have considered because it is perfect for lumbar support, rich in features and serves the purpose.
If you are looking for a value for money option, you can also consider the BERLMAN Ergonomic High Back... , which offers great value and features at a very reasonable price point.
While we make every effort to provide updated and correct information, the advice given in this article and website should not be construed as “medical advice”.
Please consult with your physician or medical practitioner before using any office chair for sciatica. Each individual may have his or her unique issues and your medical practitioner is the best person to decide the best office chair for sciatica for your case.
Sciatica can be a very painful problem. If you cannot sleep due to sciatic pain, you should visit How to Sleep With Lower Back Pain and Sciatica?
There are many products that help you manage sciatic pain, and we have written extensively about them here: Best Car Seat Cushion for Sciatica, Best Heating Pads for Sciatica, Best Massager for Sciatica, Best Gaming Chair For Sciatica