We have reviewed the best medical alert systems for seniors. If you are in a hurry, the table below gives a quick snapshot of the top ones.
Last update 2021-10-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last update 2021-10-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
About 80% of older adults have at least 1 chronic disease, and 68 percent have at least two.
Medical alert systems offer a fast way for seniors with health issues to get help during an emergency. These devices have saved people’s lives. They have helped users in all types of emergencies receive help with the click of a button.
They are equipped with many good features. With a button’s press via a visual or audible alert, they can quickly give the users’ caregiver’s information. They can work in a home setting, a care facility, or even at a hospital.
In this article, we have reviewed the best medical alert systems for seniors. Let’s check them one by one.
Our Top Choice – CallToU Caregiver Pager
The CallToU Wireless Caregiver Pager Smart... is our top choice for best medical alert systems for seniors. This system features three receivers and two call buttons through which the users can call a caregiver for help immediately.
A button sends a quick signal to the receiver for emergency services. Also, it works efficiently in a 500 feet radius, ensuring help arrives within minutes.
Some of its best features are:
- Three receivers and two call buttons can be installed all over the house for ease of both the elderly and the caregivers.
- 5 level volume, which can be adjusted from 0 to 110 decibels as per comfort.
- The operating range is up to 500 feet in an open area.
- The system is expandable to 55 transmitters and 20 receivers.
- The transmitter is waterproof so that people can install it in washing rooms.
- This transmitter is easy to carry. It can easily be put in a pocket or worn around the neck.
- The pager has 55 ringtones to change as per choice.
Best Medical Alert Systems For Seniors
#1 CallToU Caregiver Pager
CallTou Caregiver Pager features three receivers and two call buttons. It helps the elderly to call for help in case of any emergency. Moreover, it is expandable to 55 transmitters and 20 receivers. The operating range is up to 500 feet in an open area.
This pager also features five levels of adjustable volume from 0db to 110db. Users can adjust volume as per their need, and its high-quality audio speakers give perfect clarity. The pager has 55 ringtones that people can easily change as per their choice.
The push call button is waterproof and can easily be installed in the washroom. Further, it is easy to carry anywhere, as it weighs only 14.9 ounces. Users can easily carry it in their pocket or can hang it around their neck.
- Three receivers and two call buttons aid the elderly in case of emergencies.
- The receiver has 55 ringtones, which can easily be changed.
- 5 level adjustable volume with high-quality audio speakers.
- Expandable to 55 transmitters and 20 receivers for specific usage.
- The push call button is waterproof and can easily be installed in the washroom.
- The pagers require 12-volt 23A batteries.
- As it weighs only 14.9 ounces, so it is easy to carry.
- The operating range is up to 500 feet in an open area.
- The pager’s transmission can be intermittent.
- Battery life can be short, so be prepared to charge this device often.
The video below shows how to change the CallToU call button battery.
You might also be interested in reading: Best Gps Tracker For Elderly
#2 Touch N Talk Medical Alert System
Touch N Talk medical alert system is a two-way emergency pendant communicator. This pendant lets people communicate their message or call out for help in case of any emergency. The one-button activation allows people to call their friends or family when in a problem.
It is easy to use as users need to press just one button to call for help. Moreover, they can call five numbers: 4 can be family or friends, and one optional 911 can be called directly. There is no call center for routing your calls.
This device is water-resistant and can be worn in the shower. The device covers a 600 feet range and covers 1 million square feet of coverage area. It has a strong signal connection. Moreover, when the battery is low, it gives a prompt notification.
- A two-way emergency pendant communicator lets people communicate their messages or call out for help in an emergency.
- One button activation gives seniors the ease to call their friends or family under stressful conditions.
- The device gives the option of calling five numbers: 4 friends/family and 911.
- Gives 600 foot straight range and covers 1 million square feet coverage area.
- When the battery is low, it immediately gives a notification.
- The battery life is short and the device needs frequent charging.
#3 Daytech Wrist Pager
The wrist pager is a wireless device that can configure multiple call keys (upto 999) to give call alerts for emergencies. This senior safety pager has a call button that quickly issues a caregiver alert to their family or hospitals.
Moreover, its 5 call buttons give caregiver alerts with the SOS key. The SOS key can be conveniently hung on the neck or put in a pocket.
The device range is up to 500 ft between the wrist pager and the button. Further, this wrist pager has a standby time of up to 3 days with a button standby time of 6-12 months, making it an ideal device for seniors.
The pager features an LCD dot matrix screen for better visibility. The button is waterproof and can be taken to the washroom as well. Moreover, this pager has a large capacity lithium battery, which works on power-saving technology.
- Wireless pager with multiple call keys for call alert in emergencies.
- SOS Key is big and convenient to hang around the neck.
- Waterproof button allows the device to be taken inside washrooms.
- 500 feet strong range between pager and button.
- 5 PCS button gives call alerts to caregivers for help.
- Standby pager time is three days and for buttons is 6-12 months.
- The battery life reduces steadily with use.
- A few users have reported that the device did not give accurate call alerts.
You might also be interested in reading: Best Activity Tracker For Seniors
#4 Daytech Transmitters/Receivers
Daytech’s three-transmitter and three-receiver system is an ideal device for the elderly to issue a medical alarm to their caregivers in a medical emergency.
The panic button helps the elderly receive medical help in case of emergencies with the press of a single button.
The pager also features a night light function that can help the user see at night in case of an emergency. The receiver features 55 tones and 5 volume controls from 0 to 110db for better volume control.
Furthermore, its operating range is 500+ feet in an open area, large enough to cover a big house. Users can carry it in their pockets or hang them as a pendant. The device is waterproof as well.
- 3 transmitter, 3 receiver system gives medical alarm in case of an emergency.
- Panic button aids in getting medical assistance for the elderly.
- Features 55 tones and 5 volume controls from 0 to 110db for better volume control.
- Its operating range is 500+ feet in an open area to give a long-range.
- The push call button is waterproof and can be used in the shower.
- Few users mentioned that the transmission range is short.
#5 Vive Wireless Alert Pager
This wireless pager provides real-time alerts to enable caregivers to respond in case of medical emergencies. The pager can be connected with up to 10 devices to monitor loved ones efficiently. Each device is assigned with an alarm number displayed on a large receiver screen to locate the elderly easily if they need assistance.
It comes with three notification setting features with an adjustable volume level. These settings include a combination of audible chime and vibration, to give both audio and tactile feedback to the responder.
This pager has a range of up to 150 feet in an open area. Moreover, the wireless receiver is portable and can easily be slipped into the users’ pockets. The receiver and pager include an integrated belt clip and a 15-inch lanyard.
- This real-time pager is compatible enough to be connected with 10 devices with an alarming number for each device.
- 3 notification level helps in giving alert notification to caregivers.
- The pager is compatible with five alarms, including bed, chair sensor pads, and call buttons.
- The device has a range of up to 150 feet in an open area.
- The wireless receiver is portable and can easily be slip into pockets.
- A few users mentioned that volume could not be adjusted easily.
You might also be interested in reading: Best Baby Monitor For Elderly
#6 LogicMark Emergency System
LogicMark Emergency System is a medical alert system that allows instant 2-way speakerphone communication to family and friends in medical situations. A two-way voice system lets people talk through the pendant.
The emergency system also allows contacting 911emergency operators when other contacts are unreachable. People can even answer their incoming calls immediately with this pendant.
This pendant also includes a lanyard and wheelchair strap holder that makes it fully portable. Moreover, it features a 5 dial feature and a 911 dial feature to call in case of emergencies. This system further includes system test and battery test functions with an audible prompt to aid emergency personnel.
- 2-way speakerphone communication to family and friends in a medical situation.
- It features a 911emergency operator when the contacts are unreachable.
- People can answer incoming calls with this pendant.
- The 600-foot range is ideal for sending quick alerts in case of an emergency.
- The system includes system test and battery test functions with an audible prompt to aid emergency personnel.
- Some users were not satisfied with the battery quality.
#7 LIOTOIN Wireless Caregiver Pager
The LIOTOIN Wireless Caregiver has 3 pagers and 3 call buttons. It can be used for upstairs/downstairs or kitchen/washroom scenarios. It gives both, the caregiver and the patient/elderly freedom while still offering the ability to call for help when in need.
This device uses adaptive high-frequency technology. It has higher anti-interference than regular doorbell devices giving it a 600ft open area range. It has stronger penetration and better signal, and can easily penetrate walls.
The transmitter can easily be worn on the neck or put in a pocket. It is so simple to operate that the receiver will sound a loud alert immediately by pressing one button.
The pager unit has 36 different tones to choose from. The volume is adjustable upto 4 levels from 0db to 110db. There is a silent mode available with an LED flash for when you don’t want any noise, or if the caregiver is deaf. The alarm is a plug-andplay device, which can be put into any common electrical outlet.
The device is waterproof. If your loved ones have shaky hands, this device will handle meal/soup splash. The device comes with a 3 months money-back guarantee and 1 year of quality service.
- 3 pagers and 3 call buttons for applying in various rooms and for scenarios where both patient and caregiver would like independence but still want an alarm for emergencies
- Uses high-frequency technology for low interference, giving it a 600 ft range
- Easy to wear around the neck or put into your pocket
- 36 ring tones to select as per your mood. Volume adjustable to 4 levels.
- Silent mode with only a flashing LED available.
- Simple plug and play operation.
- Waterproof and splash-proof.
- 3 months money-back guarantee.
- A couple of users reported that their transmitter gives out false alarms at times.
You might also be interested in reading: Best Night Light For Elderly
Buyer’s Guide: Best Medical Alert Systems For Seniors
Easy to Use
Since the device is designed for seniors and people with health conditions, it should be easy to use. It should have a simple push-button interface to connect directly to family and friends or emergency responders for medical help.
Two-Way Voice Feature:
One must choose a pager with a two-way voice feature. It not only allows your loved ones to speak to the medical alert system operators; it also means that the responders will be able to reassure them and soothe their nerves over the transmitter. Getting the patient to relax and calm down during a medical emergency can often be the difference between life and death.
Waterproof Call Buttons
While choosing a good medical alert system, you should always look for waterproof call buttons. Washrooms are often the place where falls occur due to slippery and wet floors. Secondly, people lock themselves in the washroom, and therefore it is difficult to know if an accident has occurred there. Therefore, the device must be usable in the washroom.
One must choose a medical alert system that has good battery life. Many medical alert systems work on power-saving technology. Ideally, it would help if you chose pagers that have this feature. You should also find out how long batteries will typically last in both console and wearable call buttons and whether the device has an alert notification for low battery.
Frequently Asked Questions: Best Medical Alert Systems For Seniors
What should I look for in a medical alert system?
Before buying any medical alert system, one should look for systems with a two-way voice feature. Moreover, it should have idle call alert and waterproof push buttons so that the users can take these devices with them to the washroom. The medical alert system should have a long-lasting battery as well.
Do these systems have a medication reminder?
Some medical alert systems come with the feature of medication reminders as well. These devices can be programmed to remind people to take their medication at certain times during the day.
Does the medical alert system give activity monitoring?
A few medical alert systems also act as activity trackers. This helps to monitor the distance covered, steps taken, and calories burnt, thereby becoming an all in one device for both tracking fitness and helping in case of emergency. Some systems also have motion detectors to track the movements of their loved ones.
A medical alert system can be a boon for people with severe health conditions. It can be a life-saver for them. It can provide safety and security to the elderly, and you can stay connected with them in case of an emergency. However, when selecting an alert system, one must evaluate the user’s needs as well.
In this article, we have selected the best medical alert systems for seniors based on the features mentioned in our buyer’s guide and the ratings and comments mentioned by actual users on Amazon.
In our opinion, the CallToU Wireless Caregiver Pager Smart... is the best choice among the various options that we have considered because it is easy to use, has a single push button operation, can be used over a large range and is also water-resistant.
If you are looking for a value for money option, you can also consider the Vive Wireless Alert Pager - Caregiver... , which offers great value and features at a very reasonable price point.
You might also be interested in reading:
- Best Baby Monitor For Elderly
- Best Gps Tracker For Elderly
- Best Activity Tracker For Seniors
- Best Door Alarms For Dementia
- Best Pulse Oximeter For Elderly