We have reviewed the Best Mastectomy Swimsuits. If you are in a hurry, the table below gives a quick snapshot of the top 6.
Last update 2021-07-30 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Breast cancer is the 2nd most common form of cancer among women in the United States. After a mastectomy, you need special clothing to retain your confidence, especially when it comes to bolder clothing like swimwear.
You need the right type of support and coverage. You also need the right functionality, such as breast pockets for your prosthetics, removable soft cups for your natural breasts, adjustable straps, a snug-fitting, high neckline (to avoid showing scarring), and tummy control features.
Roughly 1 in every 26 women in America have breast implants and mastectomy swimsuits with their modest neckline work with every breast size. So, Let us have a look at the seven best mastectomy swimsuits.
Our Top Choice – BIMEI Pocketed Swimwear
The Pocketed Swimwear Mastectomy... is our top choice for Best Mastectomy Swimsuits.
This pocketed swimwear suit is perfect for any breast shape. It is a fashionable floral swimsuit perfect for swimming pools, beach parties, and other occasions.
Some of the features of this swimwear are:
- The silicone breasts in the swimwear are fixed rigidly and there is no risk at all of them moving or falling out in this swimsuit
- The fabric of this swimsuit is both soft and stretchable – perfect for a snuggly-fit and showing off your contours
- The swimwear features beautiful floral designs, attractive to the eye and perfect for every occasion.
- The swimsuit has a tummy control feature, keeping your tummy tucked in place and giving you a perfect, flat waistline
- This swimsuit is designed to keep your breasts together, making you look more petite and slimmer
- It is available in S to 4 XL sizes, therefore everybody type is covered
- This swimsuit gives a perfect shape to your breasts.
- The swimsuit is available in two floral patterns – blue and light blue, and a sexy little black number
- The swimsuit dries quickly and is perfect for the pool.
Best Mastectomy Swimsuits
#1 BIMEI Pocketed Swimwear
This pocketed swimsuit is an ideal swimsuit for women after breast surgery. The fashionable floral swimsuit is designed for the comfort and care of women.
The pockets of this swimwear enable secure and liberated swimming. Special material and cuts prevent the prosthesis from showing.
This tummy control swimwear can gather your breasts together. Moreover, it also covers your body in a better way so that you can enjoy your swimming time without any worry.
The swimsuit is designed to help you modify your figure. This helps you to look slimmer and good. The prosthetic fit of this swimwear is done in a way, so you don’t have to adjust it constantly.
The swimsuit is perfect for your breast shape. Soft stretch swim fabric gives ease and comfort for a longer time. The swimwear is made of skin-friendly material and comes surprisingly close to the weight, look, and make you feel comfortable.
- Suitable for pool parties, beaches in summer, autumn, and spring.
- Modify your figure with this swimwear- it makes you look so much thinner
- Silicone breasts are well fixed, there is no risk of them moving or falling out
- The size of this swimsuit is hand-measured, it is available in sizes from Small to 4 XL
- It gathers your breast together, making your look more petite
- This one-piece tank top fits your body beautifully.
- Pockets in the bra cup hold your breast form.
- The swimsuit is quick-drying and perfect for all kind of water activities
- It is made from soft yet stretchable material
- The swimsuit comes in three colors – blue, light blue and black
- It may be challenging for you to move your arms after wearing the suit.
- Waist and hip may feel a little loose.
#2 Penbrooke Women Swimsuit
This swimsuit is a high neck mastectomy swimsuit. This ultimate classic swim design from Penbrooke caters to your comfort needs.
Every detail of this swimsuit is designed to enhance your curves. While assuring you to flaunt your confidence and moves. Built with mastectomy pockets plus soft cups, gently shape your bustline.
Thus letting you wear them with full comfort. Adjustable straps help customize the fit every time you wear it. It gives you more confidence while you are enjoying your beach vacation.
Built for your comfort needs, this swimsuit promises you a timeless look that is both effortless, alluring, and classy. This one-piece swimsuit is made from chlorine proof fabric.
The fabric is of high quality that gives you durability and long-lasting comfort. The high neck of this swimsuit further enhances your look.
- Chlorine proof high neck mastectomy swimsuit.
- The swimsuit features a cross back design in the back.
- Soft cups and under band attaches to tummy control fabric.
- Comfortable pockets for prosthetics.
- Anyone can wear this suit comfortably.
- A high neck gives it a more stylish look.
- The swimsuit comes in two beautiful colors – black and dark teal
- You may need to adjust this suit again and again.
- It may feel a little small for some ladies.
You might also like to read: Best Mastectomy Pillows
#3 Amoena Store Mastectomy Swimwear
This one-piece swimsuit is the best clothing piece you must have in your closet. The best thing about this mastectomy swimsuit is that it is a sporty basic one-piece with a zipper in the center front.
This eye-catching suit is super stylish. This swimwear ensures physical well-being and improved quality of life. Power mesh lining in the upper top offers extra comfort and support for women.
The zipper of this swimsuit opens for easier access to a swimsuit that fits and performs its ideal functions in a better way. This suit is good for women after breast surgery.
Pretty silver-colored stitching gives extra spark to your swimsuit. The swimsuit features a racerback construction in the back specially designed for your active arms to move freely.
- Sporty racerback swimsuit features solid colors.
- Zippered front helps for easier access and better comfort.
- Sexy keyhole drops to the lower back.
- The swimsuit has pockets for breast forms.
- Great fitting swimsuit with more coverage on top.
- Easy to put on and take off.
- This swimsuit is available in two colors – black and dark navy
- The pockets of this swimsuit are too small.
#4 BIMEI Split Women Swimsuit
BIMEI Split Women Swimsuit is a pocketed women swimsuit. The silicon breasts of this swimsuit are well fixed. They will not fall or move out of their place.
The swim suit is best and preferable among women as it is perfect for every breast shape.
The open-back printed top gives a classy and cool look to this swimsuit.
The swimwear gives you a perfect beach look while enjoying your vacations. This swimsuit is a versatile addition to your summer fashion wardrobe.
It is supportive and flattering for women. The adjustable straps are wide over the shoulders and give extra comfort in the sensitive areas of your body.
This tummy control swimwear can gather your breasts together. Moreover, it covers your whole body, if you prefer this style. The suit aids you in looking slimmer and stylish.
- Perfect for occasions like beach parties or pool parties.
- Back printed top and shorts.
- Covers your body.
- The fabric of the suit is stretchy.
- Silicone breasts are well fixed.
- You can modify your figure with this swimsuit.
- Swimming dress adds to your style.
- There may exist some differences in the sizes of this swimsuit.
You might also like to read: Best Mastectomy Bras
#5 Amoena Store Mastectomy Swimsuit
This Amoena Store swimsuit is one piece multiway pocketed swimsuit. This bold red color combination swimsuit is a great choice for women with shaped body types.
The swimsuit provides modest, full coverage with a flattering fit. The construction of this swimsuit is made in a way to fit your body.
The swimsuit has a medium height neckline with decorative ruffles. The ruffles give a nice and classy look to this swimsuit.
The mastectomy swimsuit is designed with Italian wonder technology that provides excellent UV protection. The ultra chlorine-resistant is great for moisture management, which gives full protection and is resistant to suncream or oil.
Soft pocket foams are good to hold a breast form or aqua wave swim prosthesis securely in place. The suit gives a completely flexible fit. So women can flaunt this mastectomy swimsuit with full confidence.
- Great shaped body type swimsuit.
- The bold red color combination adds to your style.
- Soft pocket cups hold breast form.
- Medium height neckline with decorative ruffles.
- Ruffle design gives a more feminine feel.
- It is made of high-quality nylon material.
- This swimsuit is available in two colors – red and black
- The swimsuit may feel a little loose on the tummy.
- An adjustable strap may feel discomforting.
#6 BIMEI Swimwear Mastectomy Swimsuit
BIMEI Swimwear Mastectomy Swimsuit is a perfect swim piece for women recovering from breast surgeries or breast cancer.
This one-piece tank fits beautifully. The pockets in the cups hold your breasts in a better way. You can select from different sizes as per your body needs.
This swimwear is best for those recovering from mastectomy surgery. You can flaunt this swimsuit after your breast surgeries. It can help you cover scar tissues while letting you show your natural skin.
The swimsuit is made of comfortable material. So make it your top choice while enjoying your beach holidays or pool parties.
The material is wide over the shoulders for extra comfort in sensitive areas. The suit has adjustable pockets for your prosthesis forms.
- Ideal pocketed mastectomy swimwear.
- A silicone breast form is an ideal option for women after breast cancer surgeries.
- Comfortable fit allows you to wear them for a longer time.
- A swimsuit is an ideal option to recover from your scar tissues or imperfections.
- Pockets in the bra cup hold your breast form.
- Available in different sizes for your body needs.
- The swimsuit may feel heavy from the top.
- You may experience difficulty in moving your arms.
You might also like to read: Best Mastectomy Recovery Shirts
#7 Penbrooke Women Swimwear
Penbrooke swimwear gives you the confidence to flaunt your style and grace. The swimsuit is built with mastectomy pockets plus soft cups.No products found.
These soft cups gently and subtly shape your bustline and let you deliver full confidence. This swimsuit also has adjustable straps which fit you perfectly every time.
This swimsuit is a must-have piece in your collection. It aids in minimizing your flaws while allowing you to flaunt your favorite features.
It lets you give perfect body details with its leading design. A shirred front flattens your midsection and makes you look tall and thin.
The swimsuit gives you a customized fit every time you wear it. The pattern print gives a more style statement look. The neck of this swimsuit is a scoop style.
The floral swimsuit is made of high-quality material that allows you to wear them for a long period.
- It is designed in a way to enhance your curve.
- Offers a unique look that makes you look thinner.
- Different sizes are available to choose from.
- Bustline gives comfort to wear.
- Built-in tummy control flattens your midsection.
- You can feel amazing from head to toe.
- This swimsuit is available in two colors – black and grey
- It may cause inconvenience from the top.
No products found.
Buyers Guide: What to search for before buying best mastectomy swimsuits
The mastectomy swimsuits are specially designed to wear post breast surgeries. The breast pockets work to keep prosthetic breasts in place. Adjustable straps help you to balance the inserts and keep your breasts symmetrical.
Removable soft cups of these swimsuits are designed to smooth natural breasts. These soft cups are made to be removed, and breast forms can be inserted in their place. High arm opening and high neckline hide potential scarring.
Type of Inserts:
Most women feel comfortable wearing a prosthetic breast insert. They are generally inserted into the attached breast pockets on the inside of the bathing suit. Silicone prostheses are the most popular swim insert pads for post-mastectomy women.
One-piece and tankini are the most popular styles. One-piece suits give good coverage and support. Tankini sets give more freedom. The suits feature removable cups, tummy control, and adjustable straps.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How good is a mastectomy swimsuit?
The mastectomy swimsuits are designed specially to wear post breast surgeries. These are made of silicone or breast-shaped pouch filled with little beads, by placing their breast form into specially designed pockets. So women with prosthetics feel more confident in their mastectomy swimsuit.
Can I swim with breast prosthesis?
The short answer is yes. The breast forms are designed so that they will not be damaged by chlorine or other chemicals in the water, and you can safely wear them inside a pocketed swimsuit, like the ones that we have suggested above.
What swimsuit is right for my body shape?
As per your body shape, look for a straight across cut at the top of your swimsuit with wide-set straps. A one-piece suit is best to hide your waist and gives a perfect shape to your body. Moreover, there are different sizes available.
Do I have to wear a bra after a mastectomy?
In the first year after your breast surgery, it is recommended to wear a soft material, understand that goes under the cup, deep front and panel. It let your breasts be in perfect shape. So wearing a bra after a mastectomy is an ideal option.
Here we have a Youtube video that shows a cancer survivor explaining what swimsuit to wear after a mastectomy.
For women who have had a mastectomy, a well fitting and comfortable swimsuit can make a difference. Hence, find the perfect mastectomy swimwear that will make you feel pretty, strong, and motivated. The key is to find the best swimsuit. They come with a variety of features to cater to your comfort needs.
In this article, we have selected the best mastectomy swimsuit based on the features mentioned in our buyer’s guide and the ratings and comments mentioned by actual users on Amazon.
In our opinion, the Pocketed Swimwear Mastectomy... is the best choice among the various options that we have considered because it is perfect and rich in features.
If you are looking for a value for money option, you can also consider the Pocketed Swimwear Split Woman... , which offers great value and features at a very reasonable price point.
While we make every effort to provide updated and correct information, the advice given in this article and website should not be construed as “medical advice”. Please consult with your physician or medical practitioner before using any mastectomy swimsuit. Each individual may have his or her unique issues and your medical practitioner is the best person to decide the best mastectomy swimsuits for your case.
Read our full coverage on mastectomy specific products here:
- Best Mastectomy Pillows
- Best mastectomy bras
- Best Mastectomy Recovery Shirts
- Must Haves After Mastectomy