We have given a review on the best knee braces for sciatica. If you want a quick look, the table below will help you have it.
Last update 2021-07-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
In a recent study, it was found that Sciatica is a common problem in people aged 45 and above, and the risk increases with increasing age, lifestyle and mental stress. Severe Sciatica cases may lead to heavy medication and, sometimes, surgical intervention, which can be very painful.
If you want to get relief from sciatica knee pain, you should try using knee braces. These braces apply pressure just behind the knee, offering relief from the sciatic nerve’s tension.
Compression on the area increases the blood flow and provides warmth which promotes healing. Let us have a look at the best knee braces for sciatica.
Our top Choice- Be Active Knee Brace
The BeActive Acupressure Knee... is our top choice for the best knee braces for sciatica, because the brace applies pressure to the specific point that provides back pain relief.
It helps relieve lower back pain associated with Sciatica and applies pressure on the buttocks and legs. Be active wrap should initially be worn for up to 2 hours at a time.
If it stays comfortable, you can wear it for a long time. It fits the sizes 12.5 inches to 18 inches of the calf. Below are a few more points on why we think this is a top choice:
- Easy slip-on braces that are comfortable and help to reduce the pain with regular use.
- Exerts pressure on the pain points.
- Polyester fabric is highly durable and skin-friendly.
- Reduces both short and long term pain.
- Available in a free size to fit maximum calf circumference up to 18 inches that fits both the legs.
- FDA approved medical device that can be worn for a minimum of 2 hours of initial use.
Best Knee Braces For Sciatica
#1 Be Active Knee Brace For Sciatica Pain
Be Active knee brace is a fast and effective pain relief medical device that is FDA approved. Reduces discomfort in the back, buttocks, and legs. The pain reduces with regular use.
For the first time, those using it can wear it for 2 hours in the beginning and then increase the timing slowly. Straps are strong enough to hold the brace in place.
People with calf circumference from 12.5 inches to 18 inches can wear this knee brace with ease. Wear it under any clothing to stay active all day. Patented pressure pads make it unique and the best gear to reduce sciatica pain.
Here we have a Youtube video below that shows important features of Be Active Knee Brace and how to wear it.
- Fits calf size 12.5 inches to 18 inches.
- This knee brace is FDA approved.
- The polyester fabric makes it skin-friendly and comfortable.
- It is easy to wear as it comes as easy slip-on braces.
- Pressure pads exert pressure on the pain points.
- Cost-effective solution to get rid of sciatica pain.
- The wrap is effective when worn on a single leg on the side of the pain.
- Discreet design that can be easily hidden under clothing.
- Does not fit into skinny and heavy people (one size does not fit all).
- No color option to choose from as the only black is available.
#2 BeActive Therapeutic Brace
It is a highly adjustable knee brace that fits according to the calf size. The secret to this brace is its acupressure padding that triggers the pain points to provide instant pain relief.
The braces promise to decrease more than 60% of the pain after a few uses. Braces works on the lower back pain, Sciatica, piriformis syndrome, and even during pregnancy.
It is quick and easy to apply and work on both the legs. A perfect unisex gear that is convenient to maintain. You can easily wear the braces over or under your clothes.
- The brace comes in one size.
- Perfect for chronic pain and Sciatica and even pregnancy-related pains.
- It is a lightweight brace that fits both the legs.
- Budget-friendly medical device.
- Snug enough to work on the pressure points.
- It can be worn over and under clothes.
- Does not need much maintenance.
- Not very comfortable for those who have sensitive skin.
- With regular wear, the velcro becomes loose.
- It is not a one size fits all brace.
- The edges might create some discomfort.
You may also like to read about Best Car Seat Cushion for Sciatica
#3 Be Active acupressure point Sciatic nerve leg brace back
Be active is a revolutionary way to treat back pain. Considering the price, it is one of the most budget-friendly devices to buy to eliminate sciatica pain.
This leg brace works on the acupressure points and reduces sciatic nerve tension. Place it below the knee, and it starts working. It further helps to provide point specific pain relief from the lower back pain.
It gives freedom to play, exercise, and live life to the fullest that is also pain-free. It is a medically claimed device that is convenient to wear.
- It eases the pain in the lower back.
- Invisible gear as it can be worn under any clothing.
- Easy to slide on.
- Works on the sciatic nerve and relieves muscle tension.
- One size fits everyone.
- It is a Unisex knee brace.
- Works on both the legs.
- Users who have sensitive skin must wear it over a garment.
- The band can be small for some people who have heavy legs.
#4 Remedy Health Lower Back Sciatic Knee Brace
This knee brace works on the specific points below the knee and lessens the pain. The braces hide perfectly under the clothes and can be worn while exercising. Does not come out or shifts from its place as it holds firmly.
This knee brace fits up to knee size ranging from 12 inches to 16.5 inches. It has a stretchable fabric that is easy to use and is wearable.
It has patented pressure pads that apply pressure on the targeted areas to provide maximum pain relief.
The best part about this brace is it is suitable for both the legs. It is a chemical-free brace that is a very affordable solution to get rid of lumbar pain.
- Instant reduction in lower back pain.
- Uses sciatic nerve pressure technology to work on the pressure points.
- Affordable solution to reduce lumbar pain.
- The leg brace holds a pressure pad that targets the exact point.
- It hides easily inside the clothes and stays for a long in the same place.
- It fits the circumference of the upper calf/knee of 12 inches minimum and 16.5 inches.
- It will help to relieve muscle tension and lower back pain when pressure is applied sciatica nerve.
- Not suitable for calf size more than 16.5 inches.
- No instruction manual is available with the braces.
You may also like to read about Best Gaming Chair For Sciatica
#5 NEO brace ACL\MCL Knee Brace
The NEO braces work on Sciatica as well as arthritic knee pain. It works on the ligaments around the knee and protects the knee cap from further damage. You can wear it directly on the knee.
It also absorbs stress while doing any activity such as hiking, playing, walking, jogging, and more.
Open patella design relieves pressure and helps knee joint fatigue. Braces also provide warmth to the pain areas and relief from muscle tension.
This lightweight brace fits almost anyone with any calf size. Velcro closure makes the knee brace strong and easy to fasten up.
Straps are highly adjustable to the desired level of tightness. It is easy to maintain it as it can be washed by mild detergent and cold water.
- Makes daily activity pain free.
- Works on the pain areas by providing comfort and warmth.
- Easy to maintain.
- One size fits all adults as well as children.
- The therapeutic Neoprene material is strong.
- Open patella design relieves pressure.
- Two-color options are available to choose from.
- Designed to provide maximum comfort without restricting your movement.
- Not suitable for those who are allergic to Neoprene material.
- The straps can be short for some people.
- The velcro doesn’t stick for long.
What should you look for before buying a knee brace for sciatica?
Knee brace will provide proper support and relief from the sciatica pain if it fits properly. But if your knee braces do not fit properly, how will it work?
To ensure that you get relief from the pain it is better to measure the knee area and then buy the knee braces. The best way to measure is 6 inches above and below the knee. This method of measurement will help you get the perfect fitted knee brace.
Quick and easy to apply
Braces with too many straps are very inconvenient and confusing. Moreover, velcro on the knee brace must hold the straps in position. The easier to apply the brace, the more you will want to wear it for a longer time.
Flexibility to move around is something you must look for when buying a knee brace. Braces provide support and protect the knee from further injury or pain; therefore, selecting a good brace is very important. Flexibility and mobility are something you must look for.
Most of the users will wear a knee braces for longer duration and nobody will ever like anything that causes discomfort while wearing. Buy braces that help to get rid of chronic pain and provide maximum comfort.
You may also like to read about How to Sleep With Lower Back Pain and Sciatica?
Compression pads or pressure pads will help to get relief from sciatica pain. As the pad will apply pressure on the targeted area, it will reduce both short and long term sciatica pain.
Polyester and neoprene is the best material for knee braces. Both are strong, reliable, and skin-friendly. Wearing knee braces under the clothes can be possible if the braces are of comfortable material.
If the Velcro straps are of front closure, it is very convenient to put the braces on. Generally, older adults face sciatica problems; therefore, the braces need to be very convenient while wearing.
Frequently asked questions
Will the knee brace work for sciatica pain?
People suffering from both long and short term sciatica pain often come across this question. Yes, the knee braces work by adding pressure on the sciatica nerve.
This further helps to increase the blood flow and oxygen levels in the body. But to get the benefits of a knee brace be smart and buy the one that fits you.
What are a few Best knee braces for Sciatica?
Some of the best knee braces for sciatica are:
- Be active knee brace
- Remedy health lower back support knee brace
- Neo brace ACL\MCL knee brace.
How do I get my perfect size of knee braces?
The best way to find your perfect braces’ perfect size is by measuring 6 inches above and below the knee. This will help you find your exact knee size brace.
How do we wear a Sciatica knee brace?
Wearing a knee brace for sciatica pain is very easy. Slide on the brace under the knee and adjust the straps according to your fit. Do not tighten the straps as it shall affect the blood flow. And neither keep it too loose, as it can slide down while doing different activities.
Should I wear a knee brace regularly?
Not necessarily. Ask your doctor and take his recommendations before wearing the knee braces for a longer period. Knee braces help to support the knee and stop any pain but wearing it 24*7 is not the solution.
It depends if you have had a serious injury or if your doctor has suggested you then only wear it for a longer time. Initially, start wearing it for two hours and gradually increase the timing as per your physician’s suggestion.
The pain of Sciatica can be really unbearable for many and proper care before it is too late can alleviate the pain. Hence, you can start the treatment in the early stage of pain by wearing a knee brace.
In this article, we have selected the best knee brace for sciatica based on the features mentioned in our buyer’s guide and the ratings and comments mentioned by actual users on Amazon.
In our opinion, the BeActive Acupressure Knee... is the best choice among the various options that we have considered because it is ideal in alleviating sciatica pain and rich in features.
If you are looking for a value for money option, you can also consider the As Seen On TV BeActive... , which offers great value and features at a very reasonable price point.
While we make every effort to provide updated and correct information, the advice given in this article and website should not be construed as “medical advice”. Please consult with your physician or medical practitioner before using any knee brace. Each individual may have his or her unique issues and your medical practitioner is the best person to decide the best knee brace for your case.
If you are looking for other ways to reduce sciatic pain, we suggest reading: Best Heating Pads for Sciatica
If you feel more comfortable with massage as a way to deal with pain, you might want to have a look at: Best Massager for Sciatica