We have reviewed the best fogging strollers for everyday use. If you are in a hurry, the table below gives a quick snapshot. Or you can scroll down for detailed product reviews.
Last update 2021-05-11 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
When you have a little one to look after, time becomes a precious commodity. While the little one is a bundle of joy, your own physical well being may often take a back seat, while you are busy caring for your new-born. If you are a fitness enthusiast or somebody who loves to jog or run, you may not have enough time in the day to do as much as you would have liked.
A jogging stroller can be a lifesaver if you like to run and keep in shape. You can complete your daily dose of jogging while taking your baby for a stroll, albeit a slightly faster one. A jogging stroller meant for everyday use is not only great to be taken along for a run, but it can also be taken around when you are going shopping or just out and about with your baby.
How is a Jogging Stroller Different from a Regular Stroller?
While regular strollers will not let you jog while pushing the stroller, jogging strollers let you jog along with the stroller. A jogging stroller differs from a regular stroller in the following ways.
- Wheels – A lot of the difference between a regular stroller and a jogging stroller relates to the wheels that the respective devices are equipped with. While a regular stroller will have front wheels which will rotate 360 degrees and may or may not have a wheel locking mechanism (because maneuverability and flexibility take priority), a jogging stroller will definitely have lockable front wheels as stability while jogging takes priority. The expectation is you will not frequently take sharp turns while jogging. Also, regular strollers will most likely have 4 wheels – 2 in front and 2 at the back; jogging strollers usually have 3 wheels. Jogging stroller wheels are also bigger than those of regular strollers.
- Tires – Moreover, the regular stroller is always equipped with plastic or solid hard rubber tires – the jogging stroller will always have a tire similar to a pneumatic one, that is air-filled, which cushions the stroller from the bumpiness of the road while you are jogging and makes the ride smoother and comfortable for your baby.
- Storage Space – In terms of storage, regular storage will have much more storage and pockets than a jogging stroller, as it is expected that a regular stroller will be used outdoors for a lot longer time than a jogging stroller.
What to Look for in a Jogging Stroller for Everyday Use?
- Safety features – Safety features include a comprehensive harness system, ample canopy overhead to shield the child from the hot sun, and possibly a seat guard to prevent falls.
- Front-wheel locking – This is an absolutely essential feature to have – which will help you to stabilize the stroller while you are jogging and prevent sudden swiveling of the front wheels if they hit a rock or any other impediment on the road.
- Shock absorption – Some premium jogging strollers will have a shock-absorbing frame – for a comfortable ride for the child while you are jogging. It is a great feature to have as jogging strollers are expected to move faster than regular strollers and, as a result, children are likely to feel the bumpiness of the road even more.
- Storage – Though it is expected that the jogging stroller is to be used for limited time outdoors – you may want to double it up as a regular stroller – in which case you would be able to appreciate storage space more and you would want as much of it as possible, including glass holders and trays.
- Portability – Portability includes the ease of folding, the compactness of the stroller once folded and the weight of the stroller – all these characteristics make it easy to carry along the stroller for trips.
- Adjustability of the handlebar – Some strollers will let you adjust the handlebar height – so as to be able to customize it as per your height and adjust it to the exact height that will help you maintain the best posture while jogging.
Below, we have reviewed some of the best jogging strollers for everyday use. We have also included a couple of double occupancy jogging strollers – in case you have two babies just a year or two apart or twins!
#1 Baby Trend Expedition Jogging Stroller
The baby trend expedition jogging stroller is a hugely popular stroller which comes in a multitude of color options. The device front wheel can be operated in swivel mode and locked mode that makes it suitable for use as a regular stroller and a jogging stroller.
The stroller is equipped with sufficient safety features including a 5-point comprehensive harness system, a tether that is meant to be attached to your wrists, and an adjustable canopy. The canopy is, however, not a full one, even though it is adjustable in angle and its length.
The stroller has ample undercarriage storage space as well as two cup holders and a tray. The seat can be reclined for a more comfortable position when your baby is sleeping. The stroller weighs around 26 lbs or under 12 kilograms and can be easily folded and carried on a car’s trunk.
- Cup holders and a tray increase convenience
- Easy to fold and lightweight – convenient to carry in the trunk of a car
- Durable and quality construction
- Recliner seat for better convenience
- Good value for money
- Canopy could have been larger that may have acted as a better shield from the sun
- The brakes may be a little hard to push down, particularly in the beginning
#2 Graco FastAction Fold Jogging Stroller
The FastAction Fold Jogging Stroller, from popular baby-mobility product company, Graco, comes with an infant car seat and is sold as a baby travel system.
The stroller has 16-inch rear pneumatic tires. The larger air-filled tires offer better suspension on rough roads for a more comfortable ride for your baby. The front tire can be locked in place or used in swivel mode to quickly change operating modes, between jogging and strolling. A stand-out feature of the stroller is the multi-position reclining seat for a more comfortable ride, particularly when the baby is sleeping.
One of the strengths of the product is that it is very easy and convenient to fold with just one hand and weighs about 38 lbs. The stroller is equipped with large storage and conveniently located tray and cup holders for both the parent and the child, as well as dedicated phone storage.
The phone storage is, however, small for some of the latest smartphones. The seat is made of waterproof material and the harness system conveniently lays back the child which makes it easy for changing diapers.
- Durable and easy to operate stroller
- Convenient to fold with just one hand
- Ample storage
- Air filled rubber tires provide some protection against bumps on the road
- Value for money, considering that the product comes as a combo, along with a car seat
- Slightly heavier than competing products
- Phone storage can be larger
#3 Joovy Zoom 360 Ultralight Jogging Stroller
Available in 4 colors, the jogging stroller from Joovy is one of the lightest devices that you will find – at just about 25 lbs or 11 kilograms. This makes it very easy to carry along when folded.
The device is fitted with a folding extra-large canopy which will be effective in protecting your child from the sun and strong winds. The pneumatic air-filled large tires along with the suspension mechanism are quite effective in absorbing the shocks arising out of the bumpiness of the road.
The seat is higher when compared to other products and offers better visibility for the child. The device comes with a parent organizer, cup holders, a running leash, and a tire pump for the greater convenience of use. The front-wheel can be operated on swivel mode or can be locked in when you are jogging to avoid sudden swivels as the tire hits bumps or pebbles on the road.
The seat can be reclined to a sleeping position for a more comfortable ride while sleeping and the five-point harness ensures that your child is securely in place.
- Higher seat leads to better visibility for the child
- Very lightweight and easy to use
- Easy-to-lock front wheel for jogging mode
- Comfortable on bumpier tracks – due to pneumatic tires and shock absorbing system
- Comes with tire inflator
- No tray or cup/bottle holder for the child
#4 Baby Jogger City Mini GT2
The baby jogger double stroller is a dual seating capacity stroller and is suitable for you if you have two babies with about a year’s difference between them or if you have twins. The device comes in 8 colors and styles and can be folded very easily to be stored in car trunks.
Individual seats may be a bit smaller than single strollers, however, the combined carrying capacity of 65 lbs should be sufficient for 2 babies. The jogger comes with an adjustable handlebar and a hand operated brake for conveniently stopping the stroller or reducing speeds on downward sloping terrain.
The wheels are made of rubber (air-filled); however, the rear tires are smaller in size than comparable products, but allow more maneuverability than large tire, particularly while turning on smaller radius. A stand-out feature of the jogger is that it has adjustable calf supports that enhances the comfort of the babies in case of longer rides.
The wheel suspensions allow for a comfortable ride on bumpier roads.
- Adjustable handlebar to match your height
- Wide calf supports for enhanced comfort
- Seats can be reclined to near-flat position
- Can carry combined weight of up to 65 lbs
- Large 2 stage canopy – provides comprehensive shade in the sun
- On the expensive side
- Tires are smaller and rides may not be as comfortable as with larger tires
#5 Thule Urban Glide 2 Jogging Stroller
The urban glide 2 jogging stroller from Thule is a premium device that comes in 5 different colors and in both single and double modes. The wheels of the device are perfect for a great jogging experience both for parent and the child – the larger 16-inch rear pneumatic wheels are made of rubber and are equipped with suspension mechanism for a comfortable ride for the child.
The handlebar is extra long and ergonomically designed to provide a good grip and the same can be adjusted along the hinged attachment with the main car. The handlebar has an integrated hand brake for controlling speeds, especially while going down slopes and hilly terrains.
The device is equipped with a 5-point well-cushioned harness to maintain your child’s position. It has a full canopy for protection against the sun and a seat which can recline fully.
- Larger rear wheels equipped with suspension
- Full adjustable canopy
- Front wheel locks help in maintaining stability while jogging
- Ergonomically designed adjustable handlebar for better grip
- Best in class safety features
- On the expensive side
- Seat cushioning can be better
#6 Jeep Classic Jogging Stroller
The Jeep Classic jogging stroller for everyday use is a good device that will help you to be in shape while taking your baby for a quick stroll. The stroller is one of the best in terms of comfort for the baby as it has large 16-inch rear air-filled wheels and a shock absorbing frame so that the child never feels the bumpiness of the road.
The wheels can be easily detached which makes the stroller easily foldable into a compact device – and is quite convenient to take along for short trips given a total weight of around 26 lbs. The stroller has ample storage under the seat (for a diaper bag, change of clothes etc.), a removable cup holder and a tray in front of the seat that may be used to place toys or educational video players when the stroller is not being used for jogging.
The tray can be detached at one end and swung away on a hinge to allow easier access to the seat. The baby is safe with a five-point comprehensive harness system and is further protected from the harsh sun by a well-designed adjustable canopy.
The device also comes with a safety tether strap which when attached to your wrists will not let the stroller move away from your body at any time.
- Good shock absorbing mechanism makes for a comfortable ride
- Large tires make it easy to push along while jogging
- Convenient to fold and carry along
- Swing-away tray makes for convenient storage and easy access to the seat
- Good safety features with comprehensive harness system and canopy
- Comfortable cushioning on seat
- Cost effective solution for a jogging stroller
- Handlebar cannot be adjusted as per your height
The jogging stroller is a device that helps you considerably in maintaining your fitness – at a time when you have the least time and space to care for yourself. We recommend that you prioritize the safety features while buying the equipment and go with a device that has a good suspension mechanism so that your baby does not feel the bumpiness of the road and you can stay in shape while taking your child out for a stroll.