We have reviewed the best hemorrhoid pillows. If you are in a hurry, the table below gives a quick snapshot of the top 6.
Last update 2022-01-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last update 2022-01-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Hemorrhoids are more commonly known as piles. It is caused when veins in the lower part of the rectum and anus swell up. In most cases, hemorrhoids are not painful, however, in some severe cases, they can be extremely painful. When this happens, they can be removed using a surgical treatment.
The likelihood of developing Hemorrhoids increase as a person ages. Interestingly, women are more likely to get them while they are pregnant. In most cases, medicines and balms are enough to solve the problem although surgery is also used as a last option
When a person suffers from hemorrhoids, sitting, standing, and even sleeping becomes painful. With all this discomfort, it becomes a matter of finding the best position to be in to relieve the pain.
But what about the way we sit? While medicines provide a different type of relief, adjusting our seating pattern can also help reduce discomfort. One way in which this can be done is to use hemorrhoid pillows or donut cushions. There are a plethora of options available in the market. We have listed below the best hemorrhoid pillows to make your task simpler.
The video below shows what are hemorrhoids.
What Is a Donut Cushion?
A donut cushion, as the name suggests, is shaped like a donut with a large hole in the center. The ring is made of excess padding and contains no seams or edges that can trigger your pressure points.
This is the simplest version of a donut cushion available. Many fancier options come with handles, varying heights, and specialized nodes for maximum relief and support. The pillow comes in a variety of sizes and variations.
However, each cushion is meant to be used in a different place, like a handle cushion is best for office goers where they can place it on their chair and sit comfortably throughout the day, travel cushion is perfect for frequent flyers, they can put it on their flight seat and enjoy a comfortable journey.
A sturdier cushion is ideal for home use and likewise. Hence you need to choose one of the best hemorrhoid pillows which match your needs.
Can You Make a Hemorrhoid Pillow at Home?
There are a variety of hemorrhoid pillows available in the market. But if you are feeling creative, you can make one for yourself as well. Follow these few simple steps and create your personalized donut pillow:
- Start by collecting these things: two circles of fabric (cut into rings), scissors, needles, thread, ruler, and pillow stuffing.
- Attach the two circles by the edges using small stitches, leave 3 inches without sewing to stuff the pillow.
- Now flip the pillow inside out, stuff it, and sew the leftover section with small stitches.
- Make sure you use sturdy fabric to make the pillow and cotton as stuffing also, fill the cushion correctly don’t leave any gaps.
If interested, we also wrote an article discussing how to make a coccyx cushion at home.
You may also like Wedge Pillow for Prolapse
Does Sitting on a Pillow Help Hemorrhoids?
Hemorrhoids pillows are specially designed to provide comfort and relief. Those who have used such pads have good things to say about them. These pillows not only help you relieve pain but also give you extended comfort, which stays for a long time.
However, when choosing the best hemorrhoid pillows for yourself, always opt for a high-end one, because the cheaper ones are not adequate in providing support and comfort and also might not give the desired result.
How to Sit to Avoid Hemorrhoids Pain?
Adjust your positioning on the toilet and try to sit in a squatting position. This position helps to pass stool comfortably and also reduces the likelihood of developing hemorrhoids. Even, don’t sit for a longer time in the toilet; this may activate your hemorrhoids.
Cushion your butt while sitting on any hard surface, and don’t sit for a long stretch elsewhere, either. If your job requires you to sit for long hours, take hourly breaks, and walk a little to eradicate the chances of constipation. Always consult a doctor if the pain worsens.
What to Consider When Buying the Best Hemorrhoid Pillows?
There are plenty of hemorrhoid pillows available in the market. All pillows have different features and are made for use in different places. We hope that the below buyer’s guide will help you to choose the best hemorrhoid pillows for yourself:
Different pillows are made of different materials. Some might suit you some might not hence select smartly.
- Inflatable – inflatable pillows are made of rubber or vinyl material; also, you need to fill in the air before use. These pillows are quite affordable, and you can easily adjust the firmness by adding or removing air.
- Polyurethane foam – these pillows are made of spongy foam, which tends to provide more comfort and decent support. However, these pillows flatten after extended use.
- Memory foam – these are quite expensive pillows but prevalent in the market. They offer extra support, comfort, and are long-lasting. Unlike PU foam, memory foam does not flatten after prolonged use and also comfortably contours your body.
Hemorrhoid pillows come in various sizes; hence you need to choose the one that fits in your frame. If you plan to place the pillow on your office chair or car seat, make sure you buy the one that fits comfortably in them.
Hemorrhoid pillows are available in different thicknesses, from soft to firm. You must always choose a stiffer pillow with high-density to relieve the pain; also, it lasts longer than others.
Best Hemorrhoid Pillows
#1 Kieba Hemorrhoid Treatment Donut Tailbone Cushion
For all those dealing with hemorrhoid problems, this pillow by Kieba is the best solution. Not only hemorrhoids, but even for people having sciatica pain, bedsores, pregnancy, and prostate, this pillow can help to reduce pain.
The donut design of the pillow helps you to sit conveniently on any seat, be it at home, office, vehicle, and more. The durable fabric is comfortable and easy to maintain. The cushion also helps to improve posture and proper weight distribution.
Cleaning the pillow is very convenient. With a size of 17.8X13.8X2.8 inches and a weight of 15.8 ounces, this cushion is one of the best pillows to get rid of lower back pain, childbirth pain, and, most importantly, hemorrhoids.
- The coccyx cut design is its uniqueness that helps get relief from hemorrhoids.
- Best quality of soft premium foam used.
- The non-slippery cover keeps the cushion in place.
- Easy to clean as the cover is removable.
- Perfect coverage around the tail bone.
- Not to be washed in the washing machine, only hand wash.
- The size may be smaller for larger-sized people.
You may also like Best Coccyx Cushion For Heavy Person
#2 Lisenwood Donut Pillow Hemorrhoid Cushion With Memory Foam
The ergonomic design of the pillow makes it different from other hemorrhoid cushions. Four cutouts on the cushions help to make you sit comfortably. The four cuts also help to improve blood circulation.
This pillow eases out your tailbone pain, anal fissures, pressure sores, prostate biopsy, and more. The cushion not only reduces the pressure on the tail bone but makes you feel relief and forget your back pain for sure. The anti-slip rubber cover makes the cushion suitable for sitting for long durations.
This 14X18X3 inch pillow has ideal height. Moreover, it is available for a price that is affordable by anyone. Gift it to your loved ones so that they can live pain-free.
- The ergonomic design makes it comfortable than other cushions.
- Ideal for any seat is it at the office, home while traveling.
- Light and portable.
- The inner memory foam is breathable and durable.
- Comes with a lifetime warranty.
- The company promises a 100% refund if a customer does not like it in any case.
- Costly due to its premium material.
#3 Duro Med DMI Seat Cushion With Removable Cover
This ring shape cushion by Duro Med is perfect as it removes pressure on tail bone and back pain. Moreover, it helps to sit comfortably for hours and relaxes the butt muscles.
This 16X13X3 inch cushion is ideal for office goers who sit on hard chairs all day long and end up with tail bone pain. The foam is of high-density material that does not change its shape even with someone hefty sits on it.
The ring shape makes the cushion ideal for men, women, and old aged people. It weighs 7 ounces that make it light weighted and ideal for traveling purposes. The cushion can be used at home, office while going, sitting in the park, and more.
- Ring shape makes it perfect for anyone of any age.
- Removable cotton cover that can be machine-washed easily.
- Gives support to the tail bone.
- Weighs 7 ounces that makes it perfect for traveling.
- Not ideal for sitting for long hours.
You may also like Best Pregnancy Pillows for Plus Size
#4 Aylio Donut Luxury Seat Orthopedic Comfort Cushion
The area that is sensitive to compression can get relief by using this cushion by Aylio. The pillow is made of high-density foam and has 3D airflow mesh. The leather base makes it non-slippery.
The cushion is perfect for anyone of any age. The innovative center hole makes it more comfortable when working for long hours. It has a carry handle that makes it look like a small suitcase. It is of the perfect size of 18.5X14.5X 2.5 inches, and a weight of 2.64 pounds makes it convenient to carry anywhere one goes.
- Contour design provides support to the tail bone.
- Carry handle makes it different from other cushions.
- The leather base makes it non-slippery.
- Gives extra padding with the memory foam.
- Not suitable for oversized people.
- Costly than other cushions that provide the same comfort level.
#5 Aylio Firm Donut Pillow Seat Cushion For Hemorrhoids
Firm cushion by Aylio helps to provide support to the tailbone and the back. Coccyx Contour supports the end for healthy blood circulation. The two cuts in the front aid the legs.
With a perfect size of 16X18X3 inches, this cushion is ideal for home, office, and extended traveling. Anyone suffering from back pain and suffering from lower body pain due to pregnancy can use this cushion.
The cover is easy to wash and keeps the cushion stain-free for a long time.
- Machine wash velour cover
- Daily use donut cushion.
- Improves posture.
- The contours help in equal weight distribution while sitting for long hours.
- Not suitable for people with excess weight.
You may also like Best Pillow for Spinal Stenosis
#6 Bonmedico Firm Orthopedic Donut Pillow
Bonmedico orthopedic pillow helps you to maintain a healthy lifestyle using this seat pillow. The pillow relief from chronic pain, and it is effortless to use and maintain it. It helps to treat hemorrhoids, improves blood circulation, and supports the spine.
A layer of the cooling gel is there that provides maximum comfort to the static nerves. The mesh cover is removable and convenient to clean. With a size of 16.1X12.8X2.6 inches, the cushion is ideal for a bodyweight of up to 198 lbs.
It does its job entirely and works best for women to get relief from after-pregnancy back pain. One of the best cushions that reduce the pressure from the pelvic area.
- Made of memory foam that is of hybrid quality.
- With comfort during sitting, it also provides orthopedic treatment to the butt area.
- Ideal for those who need a boost up back support while sitting for long durations.
- Distributes the bodyweight equally.
- Not ideal for sitting for long hours.
Hemorrhoid pain can be excruciating. When you are faced with hemorrhoid pain, you are willing to do anything that can help you reduce that pain. Thankfully, all that is needed is the use of some specially designed pillows, which will reduce your pain. Always choose the best hemorrhoid pillows, as a small decision of yours can either help reduce your pain or else aggravate it.
In this article, we have reviewed 6 of the top hemorrhoid pillows available in the market. We have compared them on several parameters and gone through hundreds of user reviews before coming to our ranking. Our choice amongst the best hemorrhoid pillows is the Aylio Firm Donut Pillow Seat Cushion, based on its quality and features (as vouched for by reviewers) that it provides as compared to what you get in the others, for a slightly higher price.
If you are looking for more value for money option, you may also like the Bonmedico Firm Orthopedic Donut Pillow which has many useful features at a very reasonable price
While we make every effort to provide updated and correct information, the advice given in this article and website should not be construed as medical advice. Please consult with your physician or medical practitioner before purchasing any hemorrhoid aids, such as a donut pillow. Each individual may have his or her own unique pain-related issues, and your medical practitioner is the best person to decide which pain-relief therapy is the best to use in your particular case.