We have reviewed the best countertop ice maker with water dispenser. If you are in a hurry, the table below gives a quick snapshot of the top 5.
Last update 2021-08-02 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last update 2021-08-02 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Do you have to organize a party and need lots of ice quickly? Do you also need something to dispense water for the guests? Are you fond of making cocktails and would love to have something that can make lots of ice in a matter or minutes?
A countertop ice maker with a water dispenser is all you need this summer to keep the party going!
You can make ice of various shapes and sizes and also serve water with just the click of a button with these mean little machines. Countertop ice makers are installed with a high power freezing element that makes ice quickly within a few minutes.
They might be connected directly to the waterline, or else may have their own reservoir for storing water.
Excited to learn more? Well, so are we! Excited to learn more? Well, so are we! But before you go any further, let us take a step back and think about the best countertop ice maker with water dispenser for YOUR specific needs.
We have put together this article after putting a lot of thought around different types of countertop ice makers available, their uses, benefits, and features.
Based on our research and analysis, we will discuss some of the features that may be important for you to think about, before buying one for yourself.
Lastly, we have also given our recommendations for the best ones available in the market, on the basis of the buyer’s guide features that we have described.
Why not just use the fridge?
- A refrigerator can make only a limited amount of ice cubes at a time.
- While you always have the option of buying more ice trays and rotating them frequently, even the best refrigerators will take at least an hour to give you decent ice cubes
- Ice trays are clumsy and frustrating. It’s a pain to take out the ice from them
- Ice trays break easily – the constant freezing/unfreezing doesn’t do the poor little plastic things any favors. They become brittle after a few days, and you will end up having to replace them
- If you have a small kitchen, you will end having to buy a smaller refrigerator, and this can be a big problem as far as your ice-making needs are concerned
Are there other benefits?
- Camping & Partying Outdoors: If you love partying outdoors, then you need to have a portable ice maker and water dispenser to carry around with you
- Cocktail lovers: If you are a cocktail lover, you know that you need the right-sized ice cubes for your drink as well. With countertop ice makers, you can customize the size of the ice.
- Fishing, hunting, outdoor activities: An ice maker can help make you that perfect scotch on the rocks in the evening, after a relaxing day fishing or hunting.
- Students: You can be the life of every party if you have a nifty little ice maker with you.
Additionally, the video below shows how to setup and maintain your portable ice maker.
Features of the Best Countertop Ice Makers With Water Dispenser
Countertop ice makers are most often used outdoors, and you don’t want to have to carry around a big bulky leviathan with you all the time. See if you can easily lift and carry around the device before buying it.
Countertop ice makers can either store water or are connected directly to the waterline. There are pros and cons – with a water line connection you lose portability, but you will never have a lack of water problem.
So our advice is – either buy an ice maker with a large enough reservoir or choose a device that has both options – a water line as well as a decent-sized reservoir.
On an average, modern countertop ice makers don’t take more than 6-12 minutes for making ice cubes( depending a bit on the quantity as well). If you’re going to use it for a party with drinks, we suggest that you buy one that can make ice cubes real fast.
Cube Size and Shape
If you are a cocktail aficionado, you know that every drink has that “perfect” size of ice cubes, which makes it just right. Secondly, if you end up using glasses of different sizes, you would ideally need ice cubes in different sizes as well. Either way, it is better to have the option to make ice in different shapes and sizes.
Well this one is a no-brainer – being eco-friendly and using up less electricity is not just good for the environment, but also good for you wallet
Check on the material that has been used to make the ice maker. Stainless steel with a combination of ABS plastic is always a better option, as it is easy to maintain and clean.
Digital display LED Panel
These days ice makers come with several options, and a nice little digital display that can show you all the options and help you with intuitive choices is always a welcome addition.
Best Countertop Ice Maker And Water Dispenser
#1 Countertop Ice Maker Water Dispenser 1. 8 Liters By NutriChef
The countertop ice maker is 2 in one device that is perfect for you and your kitchen. It is a compact machine with a length of 13.8 inches and a width of 14.6 inches and weighs only 31 pounds.
Water can be added manually as well as you can connect the device with the water supply pipeline. The manual reservoir is 1.8L in size.
You can get two sizes of cubes – small and large. The large size is big enough to fill up water coolers, whereas the smaller size is meant for cocktails and drinks. You can make ice within 6-9 minutes, depending on the size selected.
The high powered cooling element of the device lets you create upto 33 pounds of ice per day. There is a water dispenser tray which is really helpful in cleaning the device after your party is over. The ice maker is really simple to use, you can just plug it in, add water, select the size and you’re good to go.
The Front Panel of the ice maker has a large LED digital display, which can be used to control all the operations. It has indicators for “low water supply”, “ice-making in progress”, “ice tray full” and “dispensing ice”.
- Efficient cooling. Cubes created in 6-9 minutes
- Lightweight and portable device.
- 2 in one gadget serve chilled water and make ice too.
- Water can be added both manually and via the water supply.
- The manual reservoir of 1.8 liters
- Produces 33 pounds of ice per day
- Consumes only a voltage of 120 V.
- Easy to operate – just plug in, add water and you are ready
- Water dispenser tray for easy cleaning and collecting water
- If not installed properly, there are chances of water leaking.
- 1.8L reservoir might be too small for larger gatherings
#2 2 In 1 KUPPET Counter Water Dispenser Ice Maker
The 2 In 1 KUPPET Counter Water Dispenser Ice Maker is durable as well as powerful to use. It can serve both chilled water and ice. In as little as 6-13 minutes, this device can make 9 ice cubes for you.
This is a compact unit (9.9 X 15.3 X 14.3 inches) which can be transported easily, both inside and outside the house.
It is capable of producing upto 26 pounds of ice per day, using a high-quality compressor that produces harder and denser cubes that last longer than its competitors. Not only is it a powerful compressor, it also produces very little noise, maximum 38dB.
The device consumes significantly less voltage and has an ice basket capacity of 1.3 pounds. There is an auto cutoff feature in the device that stops it when there is no water left in the reservoir, thus saving electricity and also making the compressor work less. On the other hand, there is also automatic overflow protection in the compressor, and it is ETL certified.
There is an exhaust fan in the device that does not let it get heated up while making ice. Its a stylish looking device that comes in two colors – black and silver.
- A very quiet device that makes only upto 38dB sound while making ice
- The ice maker uses as little as 6-13 minutes for creating as many as 9 ice cubes
- For better refrigeration, there is a exhaust fan inbuilt in the ice maker which is high speed.
- The LCD window display makes it very convenient to see which mode is being used.
- Compact and easy to carry, lightweight device
- Produces up to 26 pounds of ice per day
- Auto shut down (when no water), and overflow protection is in-built in the device
- Uses very little electricity, only 120v
- Available in two stylish colors – black and silver
- It does not store ice for further use; instead, it converts ice into water if unused.
- Makes only 26 lbs of ice in a day that is less in comparison to other devices available in the market.
- Ice basket has 1.3 pounds capacity is also quite low
#3 Northair 24 Hour Ice Maker And Water Dispenser
This silver colored two in one equipment is perfect for your kitchen countertop. With a length of 14.30 inches, a width of 9.92 inches, a height of 15.32 inches, and an overall weight of just 21.2 pounds, this machine is small and easy to be kept at the kitchen counter or carried outside when you are entertaining guests.
This ice maker does not have a direct water line connection like the previous ones that we have reviewed. You need to add water manually to make ice.
The device is capable of making up to nine ice cubes in one go, in under 6-10 minutes. You can make about 26 pounds of ice per day. There are 2 sizes available for making the bullet-shaped ice – small and large.
It has a simple and intuitive control panel. There are options for dispensing ice and water, a timer button to set the timer on or off, a size selection option, and a “make ice” button that starts the ice-making process. There are indicators for refilling water and “ice bin full”.
The ice maker also has a water drip tray and water drip tray cover, which makes it very convenient to dispose of any extra water. All you need to do is to unplug the water drain cap, and all water in the tray will drain off automatically.
Do note that this is not an ice-machine, but an ice-maker. Excess ice will be defrosted, filtered, and used for making ice again. You cannot store ice in this.
- Produces up to 9 Bullet-shaped ice in small and large size in under 6-10 minutes
- You can get upto 26 pounds of ice from this machine in a day
- Small and lightweight, easy to carry around or just keep on your kitchen countertop as a chilled water dispenser
- Consumes significantly less voltage.
- Simple and easy to use LED interface with water refill and ice ready indicators
- Drip tray and cover for disposing of excess water that has dripped out
- The metallic exterior makes the ice maker strong and long-lasting.
- No direct water line connection option
- The water holder does not hold much water at a time.
- Available in a single color, no color choices
#4 Hoshizaki DCM-270 BHA Air Cooled Countertop Ice Maker And Water Dispenser
The Hoshizaki DCM-270 BHA Air Cooled Countertop Ice Maker And Water Dispenser is a unique entry on our list. Its most impressive feature is that it can produce 282 pounds of ice in 24 hours (Yes, you read that right. We had to read it twice to believe it ourselves).
It also has a 10-pound storage capacity and dispenses cold water too, but all that is secondary. If you are planning to have a really big party or are in need of copious amounts of ice for any reason, then this is the best countertop option for you.
At a size of 24.25 x 16.6 x 31.7 inches, this machine is slightly big to be called a pure countertop, but it’s not too big either. It weighs in at 170 pounds and is a heavy-duty machine for sure. It has legs to support the device at the base, so while you can’t carry it around for your hunting trip or dorm party, you can set it up in one place and let the party come there!
This ice maker has a push-button operation (no LED displays and new-fangled technology) but is convenient enough to use.
It has a complete stainless steel body, making it a very durable ice maker. The exterior of the device has an H-GUARD plus antimicrobial agent, keeping the machine free from germs and bacteria.
Lastly, the device has a 3-year warranty on everything and a 5-year warranty on the compressor.
- Makes 282 pounds of ice in under 24 hours
- 10-pound ice storage capacity and water dispensing as well
- All steel body, very durable
- H-guard plus antimicrobial layer for protection against germs
- Push-button easy operation
- 3-year warranty on the device, 5 years on the compressor
- Consumes 115 Voltage that is comparatively less than other ice makers.
- Makes ice only in a single size
- Large and bulky
- Expensive as compared to other ice makers
#5 Northair 2 in 1 ice maker and water dispenser
This is a bigger version of the ice maker-plus-water dispenser from Northair that we have already reviewed as product #3 above.
With a direct water line connection, this device solves the one major problem that the other version did not have. There is a water reservoir also available, in case you want to use the device outside the kitchen.
Secondly, this ice maker can produce 21 ice cubes in 6 to 11 minutes, much higher than the 9 cubes that the other one was producing.
Despite its higher capacity, this ice maker from Northair is not much larger. It comes in at 10.31x18.35x22.87 inches and weighs about 35 pounds, which is still light enough to carry with you if you are having an outdoor party.
It has an automatic shutdown system, which shuts down the ice maker when the water is too low, thereby saving electricity and making the compressor work less.
It has a heat dissipation hole at the bottom, which is able to cool the machine and thereby extend its life. Like the other version, this device also has a water outlet for excess water that has dripped onto the water drip tray.
It has an LED unit that makes it very convenient to operate the ice maker. It can make ice cubes in small and large sizes. It can even hold upto 5.5 pounds of ice at a time.
- Both direct water line and manual reservoir options for water connectivity
- Produces 21 small or large bullet-shaped ice cubes in under 11 minutes
- You can make upto 35 pounds of ice in a day with this machine.
- Heat dissipation sink at the bottom of the device helps to keep it cool and extends its life
- Drip water disposal outlet available
- Convenient LED control panel
- Holds upto 5.5 pounds of ice at a time
- ABS plastic and stainless steel material make the device very durable and robust.
- No color options available to choose from.
- No water filtration system
Getting a countertop ice maker with a water dispenser is a good idea – in the summer time you need to be able to dispense both ice and water quickly, and sometimes the refrigerator is just not enough, especially if you have a large family.
If you are fond of parties and entertaining guests, or just mixing cocktails for people, then a countertop ice maker with a water dispenser is just the device you need.
In this article, we have selected the Best Countertop Ice Maker With Water Dispenser based on the features mentioned in our buyer’s guide and the ratings and comments mentioned by actual users on Amazon.
In our opinion, the Countertop Ice Maker Water... is the best choice among the various options that we have considered because it is perfect for in-house parties, rich in features, small and portable and makes a lot of ice, quickly.
If you are looking for a value for money option, you can also consider the KUPPET 2 in 1 Countertop Ice... , which offers great value and features at a very reasonable price point.
For its size and countertop nature, it can produce a staggering amount of ice (282 pounds) in a single day and can hold 10 pounds of ice at a time itself.